• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I feel kind of bad for Bryz. He probably just thought it was a bear. Leave him alone! He even got a win out of that game!

Alucard

Banned
rosen.png

Get over this asap, Pens. Don't make the same mistake as last year.

So the Leafs and Canucks had a deal for Luongo but it fell through because the Leafs wanted the Nucks to eat some of his salary

Scrivens + 2 draft picks for Lu

Spl1nter

So the Leafs and Canucks had a deal for Luongo but it fell through because the Leafs wanted the Nucks to eat some of his salary

Scrivens + 2 draft picks for Lu

"The answer was still no by Toronto, which thought all along that no other team in the NHL was even remotely interested in Luongo and, because of that, the Canucks essentially should be giving him away."

"The answer was still no by Toronto, which thought all along that no other team in the NHL was even remotely interested in Luongo and, because of that, the Canucks essentially should be giving him away."

I can't imagine Nonis having nice conversations with the guy who took his job in Vancouver.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=663872&navid=DL|NHL|home

An emotional Roberto Luongo made it clear he wasn't upset to still be a member of the Vancouver Canucks after the NHL Trade Deadline passed Wednesday.

"My contract sucks," Luongo said bluntly of a 12-year, $64 million deal that still has nine seasons remaining after this one. "That's what the problem is, and unfortunately it's a big factor in trading me and it's probably why I am still here."

Asked if he'd trade all those millions for the chance to be a starter again somewhere else, Luongo barely hesitated. "I'd scrap it if I could right now," he said.

Poor Luo... :p

Cake Boss

Banned
Conacher on the line with Zibby and Silfver, the rookie line.

Checked some of his stats, out of his 26 points, only 4 points are on the PP. Bodes well for a guy that small to score much of his points 5on5. We finally get our smurf, every teams needs one.

Conacher on the line with Zibby and Silfver, the rookie line.

Yep that should be a terrific line, will be even better once Michalek and Spezza return.

He is also really good at drawing penalties, something we need.

I'm still stoked waking up this morning and seeing what we got for Bishop, was expecting a draft pick.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
O'Bryne isn't getting in until this afternoon. But Carlyle says he still may be a possibility for tonight.

McLaren is a game-time decision. If he doesn't go then Joe Colborne will slot in.

ZeroGravity

Bishop starting tonight. Lecavalier back from injury. Connolly in the lineup.

Time to go on a fucking tear for the rest of the year.

Luke Schenn was good in his first year but then he bulked up too much and became slow as fuck. Kind of like when Vegeta became an ascended Super Saiyan.

Flyers sign Mason to a 1 year deal.

What? Man I wasnt expecting that so soon. At least lets see him play a few games. This better be for no money at all. On wip today they were talking about the idea that the Flyers brought in Mason to be a 1 year stopgap so they can buyout Bryz this offseason and then sign a good goalie the following season. I wonder if this lends more credence to that.

Cake Boss

Banned
What? Man I wasnt expecting that so soon. At least lets see him play a few games. This better be for no money at all. On wip today they were talking about the idea that the Flyers brought in Mason to be a 1 year stopgap so they can buyout Bryz this offseason and then sign a good goalie the following season. I wonder if this lends more credence to that.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 59s
Expect Mason's salary to drop a little...understands PHI needs cap space as he begins a fresh start

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Clowe wants an 8Y/34M extension
It's nice to want things. No grinder should get 8 years from anybody, especially for one over 30. 4 years would be more like it. No way he gets 4.25 per either. Maybe 3.5, depending on how the next couple of months go.

We have too many much more important RFAs and UFAs in the next two offseasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom