• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayBo on the ice at morning skate, he'll play tonight.

Bouw / Petro
Leo / Shatty
Jackman / Polak.

I've not been content with our D lineup in so long. It's like waking from a nightmare.

Bishop starting tonight. Lecavalier back from injury. Connolly in the lineup.

Time to go on a fucking tear for the rest of the year.

Good to see Ben getting a start. Really wish we could've pulled Conacher for him.

Spl1nter

Nathan Gerbe: top line forward. Dear lord.

That is just ugly. Even with Vanek its ugly. Pomminvile is a pretty huge whole to fill. If Buffalo doesnt resign Vanek next year than they will probably be full rebuild instead of retool. However flames got you beat big time!

Acid08

Banned
It's nice to want things. No grinder should get 8 years from anybody, especially for one over 30. 4 years would be more like it. No way he gets 4.25 per either. Maybe 3.5, depending on how the next couple of months go.

We have too many much more important RFAs and UFAs in the next two offseasons.
Clowe isn't a grinder.

Looks like there may be a wrench thrown in the Sacramento to Seattle move in the NBA. Could kill any chance of Phoenix to Seattle that was left if that's the case.

Shame too because I wanted to see Seattle get a team next year instead of expansion in a couple.

Marvie_3

Banned
Looks like there may be a wrench thrown in the Sacramento to Seattle move in the NBA. Could kill any chance of Phoenix to Seattle that was left if that's the case.

Shame too because I wanted to see Seattle get a team next year instead of expansion in a couple.

Seattle isn't ready to take a team. QC has always been the best location for the Coyotes.

!!!

What happened?

Here we go:

The Sacramento group has been put together over the past two months in an aggressive campaign led by Johnson. It is fronted by software magnate Vivek Ranadive with support from supermarket king Ron Burkle, 24-Hour Fitness founder Mark Mastrov and the family that controls communication company Qualcomm.

Ranadive, who is a part-owner of the Golden State Warriors, stepped up to take the lead in the group after Stern publicly said Sacramento's first bid wasn't strong enough. A major part of Randive's pitch is his link to his native India, a market the NBA is trying to develop. Stern has planned a trip to India next week to push the NBA brand there.

Last week, lawmakers in Sacramento passed a term sheet promising $258 million of a $448 million arena project set for downtown. They are hoping to get the building open by 2015, though all timelines are loose and adding to the complex nature of the decision.

"We left it all on the floor," Johnson said. "We feel very confident with our story, very confident, and ultimately it's in the owners' hands to make a final decision."

I think they still go to Seattle. Stern has to be suspicious of an 11th hour deal that involves so many hitherto uninterested parties.

Interesting:

byXqYN6.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone who gives Clowe 8 years should be fired and checked into a mental institute.

Red_Man

Giving Clowe 8 years sounds like a Glen Sather signing.

They'll probably give him 8 to lower the cap hit
This is true, I'm surprised he didn't sign him to it this morning after getting 2 goals last night.

Look no further than Scott Gomez.
Look at Cole and how much he dropped off, and he still has 2 more years on his contract that was originally only 4.

Red_Man

Apprently Buff is going to be playing wing tonight.....Gallagher will be dust if he takes a hit from him. Also Patches might be out, but I'm not sure why.

Milly79

Legit, you see what Fisher said?

“I think when a guy wants out and he wants to leave … we want guys here that want to play and want to be a part of this team, want to win,” Fisher told John Glennon of The Tennessean. “That wasn’t the case with Marty. So you just kind of move on.”

Lol.

Red_Man

Legit, you see what Fisher said?

“I think when a guy wants out and he wants to leave … we want guys here that want to play and want to be a part of this team, want to win,” Fisher told John Glennon of The Tennessean. “That wasn’t the case with Marty. So you just kind of move on.”

Lol.
Kind of like Suter? ;) Good to see Poile got a fleecing out of the asshole.

Patches got hit by a puck in the foot.
I saw that Subban one right? I didn't think it caused any long term harm.

Keslord

Banned
On mobile, so I can't post his tweet.

As per Howard Eskin, Crosby is concussed and will not return for even the playoffs.

OnPoint

That is just ugly. Even with Vanek its ugly. Pomminvile is a pretty huge whole to fill. If Buffalo doesnt resign Vanek next year than they will probably be full rebuild instead of retool. However flames got you beat big time!

I'm happy they're nuking the team. I'd like to keep Vanek but man, we definitely have some huge holes on this roster now.

Acid08

Banned
Pickles got fined $8k for his slash on Heatley. I'm not looking forward to the next game. Wild are going to escalate this situation. I expect flying elbows.

Holy shit if Crosby was concussed again that would be crazy.

This is all Iginla's fault.

Let us hear the wisdom of Don Cherry:

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC

I know Crosby is out but remember what I said on Coach's Corner when the trades went down with Iginla, Morrow and Murray.. there would be 3 guys sitting in the press box watching the game and they were the guys that helped put Pittsburgh in first place overall. And they are ticked believe me. It's a bad atmosphere.

Red_Man

Kinda funny how his bro is a B's prospect...this could get ugly.
It'll make the rivalry even better, can't wait to see Subban scoring on his brother.

Honestly, I'm surprised Crosby made it this far without injuring himself, once he got hit I figured it would trigger it again. Hope for the best, but at some point he's gotta question coming back at all.

Red_Man

Bill Watters said:
According to sources who are not related, but impecca nonetheless,TML offered PHX,Kadri,Frattin & a 1st for Keith Yandle.more to come 4sur
Wow if true, surprised they would offer Kadri up so soon with the season he's been having.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wow if true, surprised they would offer Kadri up so soon with the season he's been having.

I think hes listing the trade offers he has heard a couple of years ago, not the ones that have just been proposed lately.

Another one.

Bill Watters ‏@RealBillWatters 19m
How about this one;PHA offered TBL Claude Giroux for Paul Ranger.Holmer was turned down by Lawton.At least Paul H got name right;BCla didn't

Red_Man

The Leaf one sounds recent with Frattin included, and it for Yandle seeing as he was rumored to be on the move possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom