• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
I also don't like Nirvana much. Grunge never did a single thing for me.

Same here. Pearl Jam is about the only thing I like that came out of that mess.

Pharcyde is incredible. Their second album (Labcabincalifornia) should be regarded just as good as their first in my opinion. The songs Pharcyde and Groupie Therapy are on some next level shit

Also I just always wanted to bitch about this but never had the proper venue - I fucking hate the skits on the Fugees' The Score. They're so fucking terrible and a pain in the ass to listen to
Skits/unnecessary sound effects on any album are awful.

Except the cannons on For Those About to Rock. Those were totally necessary.

Liquid Swords is the best hip hop album lyrically of the 90's.

I probably said this because I like complaining about it, but I saw GZA do LS at the Metro and he blew through it in like 15 minutes. He only did his parts and moved on from the song. The intros to the songs were longer than when he was rapping

Also, he played it out of order. What the fuck? He started with the intro for LS and then went into something else. That was the biggest boner killer ever

Acid08

Banned
I probably said this because I like complaining about it, but I saw GZA do LS at the Metro and he blew through it in like 15 minutes. He only did his parts and moved on from the song. The intros to the songs were longer than when he was rapping

Also, he played it out of order. What the fuck? He started with the intro for LS and then went into something else. That was the biggest boner killer ever
GZA is horrible live. Ghostface and RZA are great live though.

CCF23

Same here. Pearl Jam is about the only thing I like that came out of that mess.

"Grunge" was such a mish-mash of styles anyway. They labeled a bunch of very different bands as grunge. Nirvana's sound was predominantly punk influenced, Pearl Jam had clear punk, classic rock, and even metal influences...Soundgarden was heavily metal influenced...Alice in Chains was essentially hair metal influenced.

RC

Banned

I'm inclined to agree. Saw GZA two years ago, wasn't great, he actually got mad with the audience at one point. Ghostface and Raekwon were incredible though.

Yeah I know, but I still read people saying positive things about his most recent tour (when I saw him). I'm just guessing people are dumb or just overplaying how good he was.

I need to go to more hip hop shows. The ones I've been to have left a bad taste in my mouth (specifically Wu-Tang and GZA). I saw Moosh and Twist, these two 19 year old dudes play a show and they tore it up which was exciting. They did that whole sing-song-y sissy chorus thing that Mac Miller and the likes do which was disappointing.

CCF23

Led Zeppelin just ripped off other bands. Fucking cunts.

Their influences are definitely on full display. I think, though, that with their first couple albums they're the perfect summation of their influences. The band itself was FUCKING ridiculous too. Robert Plant is easily the "worst" member of the band. Jimmy Page, JPJ, and Bonham are/were behemoths.

Zeppelin, to me, was picking a bunch of really awesome influences and having fucking amazing musicians (Page, JPJ, and Bonham) sum up what was so great about music in that era.

Marvie_3

Banned

This is why I <3 you two.

This is probably my favorite SW song though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC7VJQNE22U

Their influences are definitely on full display. I think, though, that with their first couple albums they're the perfect summation of their influences. The band itself was FUCKING ridiculous too. Robert Plant is easily the "worst" member of the band. Jimmy Page, JPJ, and Bonham are/were behemoths.

Zeppelin, to me, was picking a bunch of really awesome influences and having fucking amazing musicians (Page, JPJ, and Bonham) sum up what was so great about music in that era.
I won't disagree with this.

Led Zeppelin is like Rush for me. Great musicians in bands that are totally fucking ruined by the vocalist.

RC

Banned

230dnwV.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Uh oh Tabris is bragging about liking their other boring songs over the ones people actually like.

Pearl Jam and Radiohead. Oh my god, literally what is wrong with you?

What are your favourite songs? I'm super curious now.

Nothing is wrong with me Tabby, thanks for your concern though.

If you haven't checked out The Who's first album (My Generation), do it. The Who is one of those bands that have so many different styles and their first album is perfect in my opinion. It is on Spotify. Again, even if you don't really like the Who it's no doubt worth checking out. Catchy ass songs
Definitely. I saw him in Oakland a couple months ago and he did a couple songs from it, they sounded great.

That's so relieving to hear. Going by the demos he released, his delivery was boring as hell

CCF23

If you haven't checked out The Who's first album (My Generation), do it. The Who is one of those bands that have so many different styles and their first album is perfect in my opinion. It is on Spotify

The Who is fucking incredible. You're forgiven for Pearl Jam.

Weird, though. PJ is so ridiculously heavily Who influenced. Eddie is good friends with the band.

Marvie_3

Banned
If you haven't checked out The Who's first album (My Generation), do it. The Who is one of those bands that have so many different styles and their first album is perfect in my opinion.

Fantastic album. My personal favourite is this:

iCTW5v4.jpg

They really defined a new era of prog through this album alone.

CTRL+F Queen - No Results

He only worked with The Beatles on one song which isn't in their top songs.

But yeah, pretty amazing all of the good music he's been a part of.

Don't address my posts, you decrepit socially-crippled smegma-crusted parasite.

Fantastic album. My personal favourite is this:

iCTW5v4.jpg

They really defined a new era of prog through this album alone.

The Who are so great. If any of you haven't checked out Live At Leeds, you're missing out on one of the best live albums ever put out (in my opinion). Also on Spotify, and theres like fifteen versions, which mostly include them playing Tommy all the way through on the second disk. But this tracklisting is tops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom