• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why waste an ELC on him when the season is done anyways, only 13 games left, seems useless.

It is odd, but I think it is a few things:
1. Without Smithson we a short on centers.
2. The perfect 4Creplacement in San Antonio was arrested earlier for drunk crashing on a stranger's couch.
2. SA is getting swarmed with prospects and it is the best interest to have them all play, not bench some

Oh, believe me, I know they wouldn't go anywhere in the playoffs, but I DESPISE the idea of tanking for a higher draft pick.

I'm fine with it. being in the murky middle is the worst thing ever. It pretty much means you're as far from being a cup contender as possible because you haven't started rebuilding yet and your assets aren't getting it done.

They still have the five-game thing that they can use before having to burn a year of his ELC.
Tallon said he was "fully aware we will use one year on his ELC" so I think he sticks.

The kid is physically ready though he was ~220 at prospect camp. When he fills out and finishes growing he could be near 6-8 230lbs. It will be like putting Chara on our top 6.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Carlyle at this point refuses to call it a concussion for Lupul.

Dave Feschuk is furiously dialing up Lupul's parents as we speak.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh dear god no.

It looks like for some reason that Kostka will still slot in tomorrow night.

What in the hell does Carlyle see in him?

I saw that Babcock said he's dressing DeKeyser, White, and Quincey tonight, so that means 3 guys are sitting. I'm guessing Cola, Lashoff, and Kindl, though I would sit Ericsson in place of Kindl.

Big E has been struggling a little lately after being probably our best D-man, him and the team need to figure out the problem and fix it fast, same thing with Z who is struggling pretty bad right now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
80% of the time I hate 50% of what Carlyle does

Yeah I've pretty much given up on Gardiner playing this season barring a ridiculous amount of injuries.

I can understand if he's not happy with Gardiner's defensive play but then that goes out the window when you have Kostka still out there. There is no way you're telling me Kostka is a better Powerplay option and is worthy of 3rd pairing minutes.

FUUUUUUU

Brunner's injury is apparently more than day to day, I guess it is an undisclosed leg injury that he has been dealing with for a few weeks.

Who knows how long the Swiss Sensation will be out for but our playoff chances even if we had any just took a major hit, only thought he would be out a game or two but it's sounding like more. :(

Spl1nter

Carlyle is a moron.

The lines he was throwing out last night just did not make any sense what so ever. Orr was playing a regular shift in the 3rd. Had 3 or 4 shifts in the last 7 mins.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Mac-Kadri-Kule
Frattin-Colborne-Grabo
Hamilton-McClement-Komarov/McLaren

Gardiner/Franson-Neuf
Liles-O'Byrne
Franson/Gardiner-Fraser

Thats what I want to see. Throw Gards in the fire and get him going. If Gardiner doesnt do well than you can switch Franson and Gards. Gunnar needs to sit a game, just been off the past 2, could use the break. Kostka needs to be brought out back. McLaren does everything better than Orr. I really hope Orr isnt resigned. He is a great guy but McLaren is just better than him. Grabo on the wing may work out better for him right now.

I have this feeling that Gardiner's playing time has something to do with the concussion he suffered earlier this year.

Because there is no way Carlyle rates Kostka higher than him.

No way.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So if we make the playoffs you know one (or both [/spoiler]vomit[/spoiler]) of Colton Orr and Fraser McLaren will be playing 4th line minutes.

Who do you prefer to be out there?

Me personally I'd go with McLaren. He seems to have a bit more offensive skill and is great in the cycle game. Plus he's a great screener.

Personally I'd rather have a fourth line of McClement-Colborne-Hamilton but we all don't get what we want. :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's hard for me to dislike Carlyle because of the cup win and all, but.....

I'm glad he's yours now :)

All in all you'll find most of us like him just some of his decisions with players can be so baffling.

We've been bottom of the league in special teams the last 5-6 years and this year we're actually top 5 in PK and top 20 in PP. He has done a lot to change the team.

pringles

FUUUUUUU

Brunner's injury is apparently more than day to day, I guess it is an undisclosed leg injury that he has been dealing with for a few weeks.

Who knows how long the Swiss Sensation will be out for but our playoff chances even if we had any just took a major hit, only thought he would be out a game or two but it's sounding like more. :(
Wonder if Tatar will be called up? We need skill guys in the lineup..

Spl1nter

All in all you'll find most of us like him just some of his decisions with players can be so baffling.

We've been bottom of the league in special teams the last 5-6 years and this year we're actually top 5 in PK and top 20 in PP. He has done a lot to change the team.

Its a love-hate relationship.

Megasoum

Banned
Video of this?

I can't even find it. It was when he was throwing the pucks he got for his first star. He missed his last throw and it landed in the trash bin in the tunnel leading to the changing room haha. He actually went in, retrieved it and threw it back in the crowd.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
q2-copy.jpg

Someone should probably at some point teach Petry how you play hockey.I'm just saying.

Edit: sorry about the size

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Now that the deadline is over with and we've ditched Gaby's salary, time to evaluate where the Rangers are situated for the future at this point. We currently have 17 roster spots filled for next year (not counting Chris Kreider and Conor Allen who will probably both spend time with the big club next year) with $14.1m remaining to work with.

RFAs this offseason

Derek Stepan
Carl Hagelin
Mats Zuccarello
Ryan McDonagh
Michael Sauer

Out of all of those, Zucc's status will be determined by his performance in the next few weeks. So far he's off to a nice start. Sauer is the real question mark, but honestly I'm not so sure he's ever going to put on an NHL uniform again. The others are all on ELCs right now and are must signs with big raises. These guys are the future of the franchise.

UFAs

Ryane Clowe
Roman Hamrlik
Steve Eminger
Matt Gilroy

Out of this group I don't see anybody but Clowe and maybe Eminger being re-signed, assuming Clowe tempers expectations somewhat. Given how genuinely enthused he seems to be about being in New York, I'm kind of thinking Clowe's contract demands to Vancouver might have been a way of scaring them off and making sure he went to his actual top choice.

NEXT offseason is the real doozy. Callahan, Boyle, Pyatt, Powe, Asham, Girardi, Stralman, Lundqvist, and Biron all as UFAs. Brassard, Del Zotto, Moore, Kreider all as RFAs.

Acid08

Banned
Oh dear god no.

It looks like for some reason that Kostka will still slot in tomorrow night.

What in the hell does Carlyle see in him?
Sounds like the same situation on our team when we had Murray. He played every single night over our younger, better defensemen.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I can't even find it. It was when he was throwing the pucks he got for his first star. He missed his last throw and it landed in the trash bin in the tunnel leading to the changing room haha. He actually went in, retrieved it and threw it back in the crowd.
:lol that's pretty jokes.

Hey Habs-GAF what are some bars to check out in Montreal? I'm gonna be in town for the Bruins game tomorrow night.
I think Razor is the only Habs fan here that actually lives in Montreal. Stasis does as well.

Disappointed I missed out the raid on the SC2 thread last night.

Quick

Banned
Amanda Kessel just had an assist for Team USA at the Women's World Championship and is now the scoring leader.

If I may...

ibeWqYYIh8cwi7.gif

KESSELLLLLLLLLLLLL

Montresor

I saw JVR's goal earlier this morning. Beautiful! I missed the first 10 mins of the 3rd period because I was playing Bioshock Infinite during the intermission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom