• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
But he has such lovely eyes:
8bSD2GS.jpg
.....what is he even looking at

Welp, we suck. Can't wait to lose to another team lower than us in the standings tonight too. I swear we have the most (or top 3) back to back games out of all the teams with most of those being on the road in two different cities.

After last nights embarrassment, only way I'll think about watching this games is if DeKeyser plays which is doubtful, so I guess Mass Effect 3 it will be!!!

edit: Dang it...

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 29m

Babcock said DeKeyser, White and Quincey will play tomorrow.

I guess I'll have to keep it streamed in a side window or something now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Welp, we suck. Can't wait to lose to another team lower than us in the standings tonight too. I swear we have the most (or top 3) back to back games out of all the teams with most of those being on the road in two different cities.

After last nights embarrassment, only way I'll think about watching this games is if DeKeyser plays which is doubtful, so I guess Mass Effect 3 it will be!!!

edit: Dang it...

I guess I'll have to keep it streamed in a side window or something now.

I honestly have never seen a team give up more of those end-to-end passes that go behind the defensemen and result in a breakaway. Unbelievable.

And Colaiacovo was on the 1st power play! WHY?

I honestly have never seen a team give up more of those end-to-end passes that go behind the defensemen and result in a breakaway. Unbelievable.

And Colaiacovo was on the 1st power play! WHY?

Can't wait for this team to miss the playoffs because of their lack of care or effort, probably will have to avoid hockey for a year so I don't constantly hear "Red Wings playoff streak over!!", "Red Wings finally fail", etc... that's is probably going to be the worst part of it all especially on here. Maybe it will make management realize that plugging gaps with mediocre players like the Flames do, is not what you should be doing to your team.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I did that, then I found out that Kave Man's black. NHL-GAF is a mosaic.

Yeah, that one's fine. It's probably Minus fucking up again.

Last I checked, I decided to not show my GIF collection.

Now he can't.

Wait.

Kave Man's black?

Man. I always just assumed he was some pale-ass white guy.

What's next? Marvie's not 80 years old?

Racists!

A black man can't enjoy hockey unless he's bish?

I see y'all!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Green has a four goal game streak and has looked really good after coming back from injury. Our three stars are all back in form. I'm surprised no defender has had that stat since the last time Green did that in November 2010.

So Flyers have won four in a row. Couturier has a point in each game. That is all.

Hopefully he really is getting it together, and that the early part of the year was just an aberration. I still think the Flyers would benefit from missing the playoffs and getting a high draft pick, but them beating out the Devils for 8th would be amazing after all the stupidity Devils fans talked earlier this season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Huge road trip begins today. 3 games, 4 days. Pens, Canes, and Leafs. And I don't think I'm going to be able to watch any of them. Oh well.

One piece of fantastic news, though: Marc Staal is traveling with the team on this road trip.

Megasoum

Banned
So nobody made a gif of Ryder digging through a trash can to find the puck after last night's game? Come on, was kinda funny lol.

Sometimes I feel kind of bad for Bryz. He probably just thought it was a bear. Leave him alone! He even got a win out of that game!
breaking news! the canes still suck!

edit: in my rage induced haze I apparently quoted a post irrelevant to mine. now that I am calming down and considering who we'll pick with our top 3 selection in the draft I can apologize to those of you in the bubble.

Huge road trip begins today. 3 games, 4 days. Pens, Canes, and Leafs. And I don't think I'm going to be able to watch any of them. Oh well.

One piece of fantastic news, though: Marc Staal is traveling with the team on this road trip.

Go Rangers! Beat out the Devils and Flyers for 8th please.

After the last few sens games I'm seriously jonesing for a win. Hopefully Conacher lives up to his end of the trade since Big Ben is apparently tearing it up.

I think every deadline trade so far has had an immediate payoff, so now it is our turn.

He should fit right in, it's great timing since Hoffman is hurt so we needed a player.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think levelnth said he hated Mirtle. I can see it now.

He's very subtle at how he takes shots at the Leafs or the fanbase.

Also he's huge into fenwick and corsi and all that stuff.

8th? Any points tonight get us back into 7th (which is just as bad a fate if Montreal wins the NE given our ineptitude at Bell Centre, but whatevs). You want to talk to TeethMummy!

I was trying to help you guys with 8th. I think the Rangers beat the Crosbyless Pens in the 1st round. Not sure sure about the Habs or Bruins though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was trying to help you guys with 8th. I think the Rangers beat the Crosbyless Pens in the 1st round. Not sure sure about the Habs or Bruins though.

The Bruins I think we could theoretically handle. We did win the season series with them, after all, and that was mostly during the early part of the season where Nash wasn't able to score at all.

I'm not willing to read too much into our curbstomping of the Pens from Wednesday in terms of how we would fare in the playoffs just yet. We'll see after tonight. To be honest, though, I would love to beat the Pens in the first round if possible. That would be such a confidence boost that we would be very hard to stop after that.

So thanks!

calder

I'm glad it's almost over. I really wanted that SE 'crown' but reality kicked in, and now I'm kinda hoping we work our way back to a lottery pick.. nice thing about the standings is that most teams in the middle are as close to a high pick as they are to the playoffs.

So we're Penguins fans now?

That is the 2nd worst thing you could have said. I am just realistic. Even if the Flyers do make the playoffs I dont believe they have the D of goaltending to do anything in them. Maybe they could get into another crazy highscoring series with the Pens and win that, but they would get stomped by the Bruins or Habs.

Looks like 6-6 Bjugstad will get his chance on the 3rd line between Skille and Howden. I don't remember since when we a center so big. Kid is going to beast.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That is the 2nd worst thing you could have said. I am just realistic. Even if the Flyers do make the playoffs I dont believe they have the D of goaltending to do anything in them. Maybe they could get into another crazy highscoring series with the Pens and win that, but they would get stomped by the Bruins or Habs.

Oh, believe me, I know they wouldn't go anywhere in the playoffs, but I DESPISE the idea of tanking for a higher draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom