• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Razorskin

----- ------
The Avalanche need a winning gif

Already made it a while ago.

remm77siy.gif

Is there any way to convert That's It, That's All and The Art Of Flying into GIFs and just have that as the Avs win GIF?

I hope Doughboy is... Unable to play in the playoffs. NOT INJURED. Just... Unable to play.

iLLmAtlc

I stopped taking issue with St. Louis after I read Friedman's 30 thoughts that he was so pumped about scoring an OT goal in the 2004 SCF because Calgary passed on him many years ago. Apparently, this kinda stuff drives him.

It sounds butthurt but I take it as, if this is the kind of thing that has gotten him into the NHL and made him into possible hall of famer then I can't really criticize him for it.Without his butthurt he might have had "better character" but then he might have just been a regular joe like the rest of us. We all need to find out drives and that's his.

Poor Hamonic :C

Es5GK4R.jpg

You mean like, you want him to forget to charge his cellphone and his car breaks down on his way to the game seven times consecutively?

...I'll allow it.

YES! Precisely! Or his wife gets miraculously pregnant and has a baby or something.

Really now? Is there a new video codec out or something?

Been out for a few years now, but seems every "easy TV" animated release is dinky amounts of MB.

Acid08

Banned
Burns' goal was changed to Pavs, 39 now. Looks like he'll be a 40 goal scorer, never imagined that happening. Guess playing with washed up old Jumbo still has its perks.

Burns' goal was changed to Pavs, 39 now. Looks like he'll be a 40 goal scorer, never imagined that happening. Guess playing with washed up old Jumbo still has its perks.

Oh great so you're telling me I've now missed a chance to join in on BIG DICK PAVELSKI $$$$$$$$$$$$ live?

This gets worse and worse.

Marvie_3

Banned
We need to restart the podcast at some point. Those were fun as hell to do. I forgot a ton of what was in them so I've been skipping around a bunch of those and it's been cracking me up for the last couple hours.

Acid's solo rant is my personal highlight.
Still my favorite part of everything we did. :lol :lol

AcridMeat

Banned
Which episode is Acid rant? Need to peep that aurally.

Realized I didn't say fuck clydefrog after the win. Fuck clydefrog.

RC

Banned
We need to restart the podcast at some point. Those were fun as hell to do. I forgot a ton of what was in them so I've been skipping around a bunch of those and it's been cracking me up for the last couple hours.

Still my favorite part of everything we did. :lol :lol

Forgot about Acid's rant. What a salty old cunt.

We should definitely bring it back, I have a lot of yelling to do, and my walls can only take so much.

I really hate the overtime loss point. The NHL is the only major sports league that rewards you for being a fucking loser. Detroit has 14 overtime losses if I'm reading the standings correctly. Toronto has two more wins than them and only 8 overtime losses. If you lose in overtime you don't deserve a point. 8 overtime losses by the way is on the lower end of the NHL. A ton of teams at 10+.

Remove the overtime loss point and the Leafs are in the playoffs.

I really hate the overtime loss point. The NHL is the only major sports league that rewards you for being a fucking loser. Detroit has 14 overtime losses if I'm reading the standings correctly. Toronto has two more wins than them and only 8 overtime losses. If you lose in overtime you don't deserve a point. 8 overtime losses by the way is on the lower end of the NHL. A ton of teams at 10+.

Hawks would be out of the playoffs probably.*

*I didn't actually look.

Toronto also has two more games played than the Wings.
OK but we can give Detroit two more wins for those games at hand and they would still be down 2 points on the Leafs.

If you miss the playoffs and have more wins at the end of the season than a team in the playoffs then that is shitty.

#BitterLeafsFan

Hawks would be out of the playoffs probably.*

*I didn't actually look.
15 OT losses second to only the Devils. I'm too lazy to do the math so I don't know where that'd put them if they took out the OT loss points.

Socreges

Banned

Holy selective bullshit batman. The Leafs have two fewer ROW than the Wings. And four more SO wins. What exactly are you proposing that would be both fair and somehow benefit the Leafs playoff chances? OT losses are worth nothing but SO wins are worth 2 points? Really? Congratulations to the Leafs on not being able to make it past regulation before losing. They must deserve some kind of fucking sticker. And congratulations for being exceptional at the shootout, a metric which has little relevance to how the previous 65 minutes were played. Here's another sticker. No playoff spot, though.

Holy selective bullshit batman. The Leafs have two fewer ROW than the Wings. And four more SO wins. What exactly are you proposing that would be both fair and somehow benefit the Leafs playoff chances? OT losses are worth nothing but SO wins are worth 2 points? Really? Congratulations to the Leafs on not being able to make it past regulation before losing. They must deserve some kind of fucking sticker. And congratulations for being exceptional at the shootout, a metric which has little relevance to how the previous 65 minutes were played. Here's another sticker. No playoff spot, though.
I'm actually not saying this because it would help the Leafs chances but because I think it'd make the game better and teams going for it more.

My proposal would be cut the OT loss point and cut the shootout. After that I don't know yet. Sudden death OT in November doesn't sound very appealing but you can change the rules of OT enough to increase the likelihood of a winning goal and have them play until that happens.

4 on 4 for a minute to 3 on 3 for a minute to 2 on 2 for 3 minutes or whatever. Shootouts are boring as shit and irrelevant as you mentioned. Someone can figure out a better way. NFL, NBA, MLB all have a winner or a loser at the end of the game.

Top Bottom