• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Fuck the Leafs
ability to stop people posting in this thread about hockey

Played some Hitman today Dastardly, good shit. Makes me want a true stealth game like Chaos Theory remade now.

Excellent work man. It's my first Hitman game so I wasn't sure how similar the playstyle was to the other ones. Heard great things about Blood Money though.

I love how he's a huge racist bigot and I didn't even realise it til this year.

Ahh good.

Even though Gibsons AHL numbers have sucked recently, I'm sure this will be a good opportunity for him.

If he plays.

I'm almost positive Gibson won't play sans a blowout. Vancouver may want to exact revenge on that one 9-2 game.

Dang, with even more injuries to the Sabres, we better not lose on Tuesday or make it a nail biter by giving up two late game goals.

Looks like we really need just two more points to eliminate Toronto from catching us, three for Washington. New Jersey seems to be the most likely candidate right now to possible catch up, they need to start losing some games. Outside of Columbus, NJ is the only team with the tiebreaker against us.

Andersen plays tomorrow.

Hiller plays playoffs and gets yanked as soon as he fumbles the ball.

Boudreau has said he feels comfortable starting either goalie in the Yoffs*.

*Guys, please don't let this amazing trend die.

You guys remind me a lot of us in 2009-2010 :lol

- Hart winner/50 goal scorer and 1st line centre up front: Ovi+Backstrom - Getzlaf+Perry

- Hole at the 2nd line centre position

- No clear #1 in net

- Right handed veteran goalie faltering with young stud waiting to take over: Theodore/Hiller Varlamov/Andersen

- An ability to come back in any game and win it (Usually play like poop to start games)

- Boudreau

- Lots of depth scoring from unknown NHL players

Though I'd say that you're defense is probably better.

Still think you guys will win round 1 easily if you get a WC.

Quick

Banned
Bruce Lee is preorder DLC to EAs UFC game.

I really didn't want to buy it. But now I have no choice.

I wasn't going to buy EA UFC day one, but I might just do it now. The game looks great, but I'm not a huge UFC fan. Bruce Lee is definitely a good incentive to pre-order.

Excellent work man. It's my first Hitman game so I wasn't sure how similar the playstyle was to the other ones. Heard great things about Blood Money though.

The Hitman series has been purposeful frustration for me. I know I'll just get annoyed, but I play it anyway. This mostly refers to Blood Money and older ones. I started it late into the generation, so the mechanics of the game felt outdated and compared to GENERIC GAME 123542.

Absolution is a huge improvement, but this time, I'm just shit at stealth.

You guys remind me a lot of us in 2009-2010 :lol

- Hart winner/50 goal scorer and 1st line centre up front: Ovi+Backstrom - Getzlaf+Perry

- Hole at the 2nd line centre position

- No clear #1 in net

- Right handed veteran goalie faltering with young stud waiting to take over: Theodore/Hiller Varlamov/Andersen

- An ability to come back in any game and win it (Usually play like poop to start games)

- Boudreau

- Lots of depth scoring from unknown NHL players

Though I'd say that you're defense is probably better.

Still think you guys will win round 1 easily if you get a WC.

Eugh, great. There it is. All our West Capitals fears confirmed.

Wasn't a fan of the first CA either. Glad to hear Winter Soldier is much better.

It is way better.

I shouldn't care though. I'm unemployed as of this evening.

I wasn't going to buy EA UFC day one, but I might just do it now. The game looks great, but I'm not a huge UFC fan. Bruce Lee is definitely a good incentive to pre-order.

The Hitman series has been purposeful frustration for me. I know I'll just get annoyed, but I play it anyway. This mostly refers to Blood Money and older ones. I started it late into the generation, so the mechanics of the game felt outdated and compared to GENERIC GAME 123542.

Absolution is a huge improvement, but this time, I'm just shit at stealth.

You're willing to part with All Of The Money just for Bruce Lee in a Current Gen environment MMA fighting big names? I like it.

Even as a fan of MMA, that's a big step to want to purchase it.

And yeah, Hitman is so absolutely about melding. Like Assassins Creed on a dissociative drug.

I played some of the new Hitman, it was fun and reminded me how fucking great Blood Money was. I got fatigued with it though, very similar take on what was done with the newer Splinter Cells. I'm not saying that's bad or anything I just prefer the less in-your-face sequences that the older ones had where you weren't necessarily encouraged or rewarded for playing it in a balls out action sort of way.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers have called up Jesper Fast.

Interesting. He made the team out of camp with Callahan and Hagelin sidelined in October but has been down in Hartford since the first month or so in the season.

Stet

Banned
If Hitman: Absolution were a hockey team, it would be the Leafs.

Such a huge build up, such a huge let down.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Still no McDonagh at practice.

Lines seem to be:

Nash-Stepan-St.Louis
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-Fast
Boyle-D.Moore-Dorsett

Merguson

Banned
Can't wait to lock him up like everyone on TSN and Sportsnet says we should

Short-term sounds okay to me. Long-term doesn't make sense to me. Eventually every team is going to need cheap players, and if we're willing to promote our Marlies or other prospects, we need to have spots available.

Cake Boss

Banned
Dreger is saying that they are considering trading Lupul so they can have some room for Bolland.

Lol Laffs.

Spezza for Fruit Loops and Godri.

zroid

Banned
Dreger is saying that they are considering trading Lupul so they can have some room for Bolland.

QswH8LW.jpg

Solo

Yup. He's not working out. As much as I wanted him to, he isn't capable of doing the job. He juggles the lines WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much

I hope we can get him back as an assistant. He was a god tier special teams guy. Our special teams have struggled mightily since he left.

Lol Laffs.

Spezza for Fruit Loops and Godri.

Good gosh.

There's no way Nonis et al are this stupid.

Actually, what the hell am I talking about. This is the same group of guys that thought Clarkson and Bolland were an improvement over MacArthur and Grabovski.

Top Bottom