• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Couture sure but Kopitar is a top three two way center in the league. He should be as highly regarded as any center in the NHL.

He's also one of the few Kings players that isn't a total asshole.

Oh really? Yeah I guess that if you say that about a Queen, it means a lot. I always seen them as similar with how they take care of the defensive responsibilities but had Bäckström as the smarter player.

Samyy

So apparently E.Kane might be shopped, anyone even really want him? I don't think the Leafs should be investing in any more wingers.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to remember. That was when things started to go better and after the Mayor's comments.

Was it Columbus? November 15th. He was held pointless the next game along with the rest of the team, then started his current run with two assists vs Minnesota.

Lets be honest here Perry is like one dirty knee away from Brown status

To be fair anyone is a dirty knee away from being Brown status. The key is to not knee anyone

W2FETbK.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The price to get Kane would be really high. They're not rebuilding so they'd want some good roster players in return.

To be fair anyone is a dirty knee away from being Brown status. The key is to not knee anyone

http://i.imgur.com/W2FETbK.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

They share a good deal of personality traits as it is, Perry is just accepting of the fact that he's a real prick.
[quote="Spl1nter, post: 107320418"]The difference is that Perry knows himself to be an asshole while Brown think as himself as a saint.[/QUOTE]

What this guy said.

At least he's a good player though. Good guy Perry should become good player Perry.

He's not too bad.
Ducks-winger-Corey-Perry-wins-MVP-award-LG6BN94-x-large.jpg

Only 40ish goals this year though. Definitely washed up.

I'd probably hate him too if he wasn't in my team, being all annoying and scoring goals. If he was just one or the other probably wouldn't feel as much hate

He's not too bad.
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2011/06/22/Ducks-winger-Corey-Perry-wins-MVP-award-LG6BN94-x-large.jpg[img]

Only 40ish goals this year though. Definitely washed up.

I'd probably hate him too if he wasn't in my team, being all annoying and scoring goals. If he was just one or the other probably wouldn't feel as much hate[/QUOTE]

I dunno man Brown is not nearly the player Perry is and I hate Brown more.

Cake Boss

Banned
So apparently E.Kane might be shopped, anyone even really want him? I don't think the Leafs should be investing in any more wingers.

Give them Spezza.

We can ice a top line full of players that were disgruntled with their former teams.

Kane- Turris- Ryan.

Hnnnnnnggg

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Uhh no its not because their injuries are completely different, one is a freak accident that looks to be almost healed, and one has been having the same injuries pop up since his junior career, it has always been the back and the groin injuries for Spezza since he was a rookie and it hasnt gotten any better, matter of fact that its getting worse with age.

Turris has proven he is our #1 center the past 2 seasons, last season he lead the team in points and into the playoffs, this season he gets the most ice time of any forward, gets the hardest minutes against the other team's top lines and pairings, and has proven he can still produce against them, leading goal scorer and leads the team in +21 while being on the worst defensive team in the league, the next best is +12. Plus hes only 24 and can still improve.

Like I said, I would take a 2 way 60 point Center over a PPG center any day, Turris looks to be that and maybe even more, could see him hit 70 points once he enters his prime and gets more looks in the power play and offensive zone.

Our defense still needs to be fixed though.

We can agree to disagree on both Spezza and Turris.

I think the Sens can win with Spezza, and we've proven that we can in the past. And it's not like we're near the cap, so keeping Spezza doesn't hurt us whatsoever IMO. If we were to trade him, I would only be happy if we got someone who can give us similar production.

And Turris, while I think he can and will be a #1 center in the future, I don't think he's there just yet. Watching him play night in night out, there's still something missing in his game(but I can't quite put a finger on it).

Come on Calgary!!!!

Seriously, NJ is really the only competition left in the East that can challenge Columbus and Detroit. So they really need to lose tonight, in regulation preferably.

Heretic

John "All American" Gibson starting tonight! Youngest goalie ever to start in the NHL. Go easy on him, Canucks! He's just a baby!!!

Edit: For the Ducks...

Var

I would take him. I don't think I would want to give up what they will be asking for though.

Razorskin

----- ------
John "All American" Gibson starting tonight! Youngest goalie ever to start in the NHL. Go easy on him, Canucks! He's just a baby!!!

I don't think he's the youngest to ever start a game.

Anyway good luck to him, best to start against a team that doesn't score much to begin with.

calder

Edler for Kane. Bring him home!

I'd love for him to be in Vancouver, my god would that be an eye opening experience for him. I defend Kane a fair bit, and I still proudly wear my #9 sweater, but most of the shit that happens to him is entirely his fault. I give him a pass for his alleged "down" year and the fact that a lot of fans had fairly unreasonable expectations for him as a 22 year old, but off ice? The guy may be a quasi-lovable moron, but he's absolutely a moron.

Sadly, the Canucks have zero assets to make a trade work. Zero. You know it to be true. None.

calder

So torn, I'd love for Hutchinson to play a great game in his debut, but the Jets need to stop getting points from here on out to make sure we get that sixth overall pick and the sweet, sweet 6.2% chance of winning.

Watch, the Jets will fall to sixth, then Carolina at 7th best lottery odds will win the first overall. Oh god why did I think of that.

Top Bottom