• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

ShaneB

Ok, this is hilarious.
KuGsj.gif

BkplsMbCQAArACr.jpg

I'd love for him to be in Vancouver, my god would that be an eye opening experience for him. I defend Kane a fair bit, and I still proudly wear my #9 sweater, but most of the shit that happens to him is entirely his fault. I give him a pass for his alleged "down" year and the fact that a lot of fans had fairly unreasonable expectations for him as a 22 year old, but off ice? The guy may be a quasi-lovable moron, but he's absolutely a moron.

Sadly, the Canucks have zero assets to make a trade work. Zero. You know it to be true. None.

Need a young Swedish goalie?

We can agree to disagree on both Spezza and Turris.

I think the Sens can win with Spezza, and we've proven that we can in the past. And it's not like we're near the cap, so keeping Spezza doesn't hurt us whatsoever IMO. If we were to trade him, I would only be happy if we got someone who can give us similar production.

No we fucking won't. We've never won anything with him and we never will.

You don't win championships with a top center who will never backcheck even if his life depended on it. Especially if the coach preaches a 200' game. Sens fans really need to overlook his PPG status and realize that is not the player you want to be leading the charge and inspiring a young, inexperienced team.

The team plays exactly like him this year. Skilled and cute (too cute) in the offensively, zero fucking effort defensively.

Even if you overlook that, his back is being held together with duct tape and glue. You don't sign a player like that long term.

Samyy

Were Bob Mac's Selke noms posted?

#1 Bergeron clear cut winner
#2 Toews
#3 Kopitar
#4 Backes

Calder: Mackinnon, not even close apparently.
Adams: Roy, again not even close. Julien, Babcock, Cooper and Boudreu other noms.

Giggzy

Every time I watch a game where there's a debut for a goalie the announcers always play it up like their going to get lit up. They always go on to have a shutout or a fantastic performance.

With that said I just sealed Gibbo's fate. 4-0 to the 'Nucks.

Roflobear

Every time I watch a game where there's a debut for a goalie the announcers always play it up like their going to get lit up. They always go on to have a shutout or a fantastic performance.

With that said I just sealed Gibbo's fate. 4-0 to the 'Nucks.

It's probably a part of the narrative so people can be extra impressed with the goalie

Cake Boss

Banned

You don't win championships with a top center who will never backcheck even if his life depended on it. Especially if the coach preaches a 200' game. Sens fans really need to overlook his PPG status and realize that is not the player you want to be leading the charge and inspiring a young, inexperienced team.

The team plays exactly like him this year. Skilled and cute (too cute) in the offensively, zero fucking effort defensively.

Even if you overlook that, his back is being held together with duct tape and glue. You don't sign a player like that long term.

Just got a major hard on Kernal thanks to you.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

Well good thing he's not signed for more years? It seems like the perfect scenario where we can reevaluate him at the end of his contract.

I mean you guys can hate on Spezza all you want, but fact of the matter is, you get rid of him, you get rid of a huge chunk of our offence. We saw just a few games ago what happens when Spezza is not in the lineup, we can barely score a goal or two. That's fine if our defence shows up, but most games this season, the defence hasn't shown up.

The reality is, not everyone is a fucking Crosby or Toews, and it's almost impossible to find players like that, but Sens fans either want Murray to pull out a number one center like one of those two out of his ass, or they want Spezza to magically transform(either by changing the way he plays or through trade) into one of those two.

Are you gonna blame Spezza for Anderson and Lehner's terrible play in numerous games this season? Are you gonna blame him for Cowen and Philoops fuck ups this season as well? The Sens are 10th in the league in goals for and 2nd to last in goals against, that's not on Spezza.

It seems like one prerequisite for Ottawa every season is to have a scapegoat on the team, even Alfredsson wasn't immune to it, I still remember when people wanted to trade him for Craig Conroy.

This city sometimes....

Well good thing he's not signed for more years? It seems like the perfect scenario where we can reevaluate him at the end of his contract.

What's to evaluate? he's 30, is he magically going to play better all of a sudden? what you see is what you get. Why would you resign someone who's hurt all the time and plays in one end of the rink?

He's -26, for every goal he scores or sets up he lets in one. What good is his offense if he plays no defense and then blames his teammates?

He's not even the #1 center on the team, Turris is. And he's +21, why's that?

I'm not scapegoating. Team is going nowhere with a leader like him. I'd dump Neil and Phillips too if I had my way. There's other problems with the team but he's not the solution.

This is more for the off season thread.

Detroit needs 3 points to clinch now with all the rest of the teams (minus Columbus) winning their remaining games. Only 2 points if NJ fails to get a full 6 points in their remaining games. Come on Detroit, don't blow it against an even more injured Buffalo team tomorrow!!!!

Edit: Well I guess Washington can also get 91 right now as well.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
He's -26, for every goal he scores or sets up he lets in one. What good is his offense if he plays no defense and then blames his teammates?

Ok I mean you're entitled to your opinion, but this is my biggest issue with Spezza haters. Is Spezza the only player on the ice? It's as if when Spezza is on the ice, every other player is absolved of their defensive duties, and whatever happens on the play is automatically on Spezza.

Spezza has had his fair share of giveaways that led to goals, I'm not denying that, even I was calling for his head a few months ago in the NHL thread because of a boneheaded giveaway, but most of the goals scored against his line are not even close to being his fault. How many times has the opposing team scored on his line this season after Michalek fell on his ass in the offensive zone while carrying the puck? Far more than I can even remember.

And this may be surprising to you guys, but offensive stars give up the puck, and they give it up often. That's just how it is: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/stats/player-giveaways-statistic/2013/

@Ledger_NJDevils said:
Jagr joked he either has to tip his cap or "kill" Ramo. He joked that it would be a 1-game suspension because his record is clean

Avs should have picked up Jagr at the trade deadline. :p

Top Bottom