• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Ok I mean you're entitled to your opinion, but this is my biggest issue with Spezza haters. Is Spezza the only player on the ice?

It's not that the gives up the puck, it's that he makes no effort to get it back. Look at Karlsson, gives up picks but usually skates back real fast to recover, more so before the injury.

Spezza just coasts, and then blames a teammate if he fucks up. He's not the only one but when you're the captain you set the example. Why should the rest of the team bust ass and back check when he doesn't? When your coach preaches a 200' game why is someone like him captain?

He's a joke, Toronto's own Ovechkin, at least OV won scoring titles. He'll never win anything more than his Spengler Cup with an attitude like that.

You don't win with players like that setting the example.

Karlsson has more giveaways than Duchene, Johnson and O'Reilly combined.

edit: Or alternatively, Duchene, O'Reilly, MacKinnon and Stastny combined.

He gets the puck back at least half of the time. At least he did before Matt Cooke came along which is why he's allowed to play the way he does.

Vman

Bryzzzz back to back shutouts
847534088.gif

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
It's not that the gives up the puck, it's that he makes no effort to get it back. Look at Karlsson, gives up picks but usually skates back real fast to recover, more so before the injury.

Spezza just coasts, and then blames a teammate if he fucks up. He's not the only one but when you're the captain you set the example. Why should the rest of the team bust ass and back check when he doesn't? When your coach preaches a 200' game why is someone like him captain?

He's a joke, Toronto's own Ovechkin, at least OV won scoring titles. He'll never win anything more than his Spengler Cup with an attitude like that.

I think he's busting his ass to get back, he's just.... slow and probably playing injured. He always looks like he's laboring when he has to skate back, which indicates to me that there's a problem with his health. Even when he carries the puck, he's not going in to the offensive zone full speed, he slows the game down to his own pace. They've mentioned this on the radio before, it's partly due to his upright skating style.

And I've never in my life heard him blaming a teammate, that accusation is just false.

And it sounds to me like you have more of a problem with him being captain. I don't have an issue with him being stripped of the C. It's more of a distraction at this point anyways, I'd rather the team focus on real issues than who's wearing a letter on the sweater.

The Lawless articles bashing Wayne Simmonds an Evander Kane would be hilarious if they got him ever.

Anyone ever fucked up their back with a slapshot? Twisted something in my lower back/hip area on a follow through and wondering what the hell I did to it.

Curufinwe

What's to evaluate? he's 30, is he magically going to play better all of a sudden? what you see is what you get. Why would you resign someone who's hurt all the time and plays in one end of the rink?

He's -26, for every goal he scores or sets up he lets in one. What good is his offense if he plays no defense and then blames his teammates?

He's not even the #1 center on the team, Turris is. And he's +21, why's that?

I'm not scapegoating. Team is going nowhere with a leader like him. I'd dump Neil and Phillips too if I had my way. There's other problems with the team but he's not the solution.

This is more for the off season thread.

That is a massive plus minus gap. I thought Giroux/Lecavalier were far apart but their gap is only half as wide.

Bryz loves #nhljets fans: "They start cheering my name and I want to show them with my hands to get louder. It's a good tradition" #mnwild

So good.

And what a terrible night for big scorers. Minnesota wins 1-0, Calgary wins 1-0, and Anaheim is up 1-0 with only a period or so left.

Casual fans HATE it

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My dummy brother thought it would be a good idea to try setting me up with his baby mama's friend(who also has a kid) and now she won't stop texting me

Cake Boss

Banned

iPv47hU9YVFZV.gif

Kernal you making me so hard with your Spezza hate, finish me off by writing how terrible Philoops is....awww yeeaaahhh

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
iPv47hU9YVFZV.gif

Kernal you making me so hard with your Spezza hate, finish me off by writing how terrible Philoops is....awww yeeaaahhh

:lol

Even though I disagree with you on Spezza, you still crack me up :p

Philoops brings all (sane) Sens fans together. Sadly, I've met delusional Sens fans who actually think Phillips is our best defenseman after Karlsson this season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
She even texted "k, I'll go" then texted me a half hour later with "sorry" when I didn't reply.

Then I replied, I fucked up

Top Bottom