• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ryan McDonagh and Chris Kreider are both skating at practice today. Kreider is wearing a cast on his hand, so he's still out for quite a while.

AV says he might not play McDonagh for the remainder of the regular season even if he's good to go (which he's not tonight).

There are events at MSG on the 16th and 18th, so if the Rangers finish in second place, Game 1 vs. the Flyers will probably be on 4/17.

So much fun...so glad I didnt burn $500 on it. Runs just as well.

It looks like a decent version.

That said, you're right, Titanfall is literally the only game that exists and will exist for the Xboner.
Vancouver always does shit like this, that's why they tend to sign other teams washed up captains such as Messier and Sundin.
I think I know the perfect man to take over for Torts in that case

jFbF44YCI8Y1Z.jpg

Socreges

Banned
This circus is only gathering steam, sluts

Vancouver always does shit like this, that's why they tend to sign other teams washed up captains such as Messier and Sundin.
Those are... the only two examples. And were done in different decades by different ownership and management.

But yes. "Tend to"!

It looks like a decent version.

That said, you're right, Titanfall is literally the only game that exists and will exist for the Xboner.

I think I know the perfect man to take over for Torts in that case

jFbF44YCI8Y1Z.jpg

Legendary Mighty Duck #14 JOE SACCO!

I just remember he was a quick skater

Leafs-GAF, give a listen to the yesterday's Ferraro segment on Leafs Lunch. It's hilarious radio (and it will kill any affinity you had for O'Neill).

Heretic

Gillis deserves to be fired simply for the goaltending fiasco.

And the return for Kesler, a legitimate 1C, was frankly insulting if you believe the rumours. I'm glad he wasn't traded.

Ducks offered Etem, the 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders if I'm not mistaken for Kesler. I'd love him on our team.

Heretic

According to who? Never heard that before and it sounds like way too good an offer.
Bob Murray said so in an interview just after the trade deadline.

Edit: Slight correction
Murray said he “put into play” any of the six picks he has in the first two rounds for the next two drafts. Four of those are this year, with the Ducks having two selections in the first round as prime trading chips.
Some of the Ducks’ top young forward prospects – presumably Emerson Etem and Rickard Rakell among them – were on the table. Vancouver wanted a roster player to replace Kesler and Murray wasn’t going there.

Socreges

Banned
Ducks offered Etem, the 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders if I'm not mistaken for Kesler. I'd love him on our team.

Bob Murray said so in an interview just after the trade deadline.

I might have read it wrong :p

What Murray actually said:

"It’s funny you asked me the question last week about [draft] picks. I had four this year and next year in the top two rounds. Let me put it this way…every one of those picks was put into play today."

Did you read the interview before or posts from other message boards?

Kernal you making me so hard with your Spezza hate, finish me off by writing how terrible Philoops is....awww yeeaaahhh

:lol

/brofist.

I'll come up with a Philoops one later :lol.

And I don't see it as hate, more of a brutally honest assessment. He's a gifted player but not what we need now.

Heretic

What Murray actually said:

"It’s funny you asked me the question last week about [draft] picks. I had four this year and next year in the top two rounds. Let me put it this way…every one of those picks was put into play today."

Did you read the interview before or posts from other message boards?
I had read the interview before. Didn't remember the details 100% which was why I edited my post.

Halak not playing tonight because he "didn't think he'd be able to focus on winning the game" and the "trade is still too fresh".

We may have been fleeced, but I am so glad to have that headcase out of our net. Stewart as well.

iLLmAtlc

Before announcing that Gillis was fired there was a story on Province (warning Botchford) Aquillinis sent out libel demand letters to media for saying they played a role in Torts hiring because it would expose them to "ridicule for embarrassing judgments". They denied that there was even "consensus" and it was Gillis' decision which they "supported."

If that's not the kiss of death to the coach I don't know what is

Glad Gillis is gone. I said he's a cunt last week and would see him go before Torterella any day. He had enough chances and has made terrible moves.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Should have traded Luongo last year and kept Schneider. That was part of his undoing.
They'd have a good young goalie in Schneider and could've traded Lu for more role players if Gillis had any sense. Why they didn't do this sooner is beyond me. Gillis' tinkering tinkered them out of a playoff spot.

And the Gillis legacy lives on cause if Lu retires before that contract is up, enjoy the cap penalties :)

Top Bottom