• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

ibeNp73bJHdiZ5.gif

John Gibson FUTURE

ZeroGravity

Updated chances of making playoffs:
100% - Minnesota
99.5% - Philadelphia
95.7% - Detroit
93.8% - Columbus
74.3% - Dallas
25.4% - Phoenix
06.7% - New Jersey
02.2% - Washington
02.1% - Toronto
00.0% - Ottawa
New York Rangers clinch.

Heretic

awesome lol

Happy to see him doing well in Minny, Bryz is hilarious, the more we see of him the better.

He's got the power of the constellations behind him. There's no stopping Bryz
I'm still a fan of The Bryz

ibeNp73bJHdiZ5.gif

John Gibson FUTURE

Gibson's going to be a special one.

John Gibson shutout debut? John Gibson shutout debut.
Gibson shutout penis all over dastardly's face?

we need something new...

DUCKS WIN!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!

ZeroGravity

So I remembered this stat that Elliotte Friedman threw out earlier in the year:

From 2005-06 through 2011-12, just three of 32 teams who were four points out of a playoff position on November 1 recovered to make it.
This year?

Columbus, Philadelphia, and the Rangers were all further out than that. If Dallas makes the playoffs, they'll be the fourth team in one year.

Acid08

Banned
If only my positive predictions worked for the Sharks D:

HERE WE GO GIBSON GETS HIS FIRST LOSS ON WEDNESDAY AND ALSO WE WIN THE CUP YES LET'S GO

Acid, can you comment on my love life?
You're gonna slap bodies with some fine ass honey in a Tim Horton's bathroom sometime in the next two weeks.

I want to say thanks to Tabris for jinxing his own team while trying to jinx ours, but we haven't clinched yet and I know this team can fall flat on their face at a moments notice, sooooo..... Don't screw it up Wings, a win tonight and we are pretty much a lock (would just need NJ and Washington to lose one more time).

She even texted "k, I'll go" then texted me a half hour later with "sorry" when I didn't reply.

Then I replied, I fucked up
Oh god dude just change your number now it's only going to get worse

edit: I had a dream that Barrie got headhunted so hard part of his helmet was sliced off somehow

.@TSNBobMcKenzie: “@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Hearing whispers change coming sooner rather than later in VAN, perhaps as soon as today or tomorrow...” Hearing same.

Canucks-GAF It's time.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 15m
Hearing whispers that perhaps change is coming sooner rather than later with the Canucks, perhaps as soon as today or tomorrow...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 15m
Nothing concrete as I said, but those are whispers out of Van city. Will it be the GM? or the coach? We shall see...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 13m
“@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Hearing whispers change coming sooner rather than later in VAN, perhaps as soon as today or tomorrow...” Hearing same.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m
VAN situation is highly volatile, and also highly unpredictable. A LOT of money involved in making changes. Lots of moving parts.

wheres the popcorn

Merguson

Banned
So the owners allowed Luongo to be traded.

Then they allegedly blocked any Kesler trade for potential playoff revenue. Even though the starter was traded.

Then make changes because the Canucks didn't make the playoffs without their starting goalie.

Right.

Gillis deserves to be fired simply for the goaltending fiasco.

And the return for Kesler, a legitimate 1C, was frankly insulting if you believe the rumours. I'm glad he wasn't traded.

.Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Not sure exactly what will go down in Van today, but Trevor Linden's name is in the mix. Perhaps, Van using Sakic and Av's template...#TSN

Choose the form of the destructor.

Top Bottom