• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Bsigg12

I don't know, bandwagon fans just really bother me. I know it's just sports, but I think it's indicative of spineless people. Bandwagon fans of my own team are even worse. Where were they when we were down in the mud having to watch the likes of Tyler Arnason or Greg Zanon?

Chin up, every time you look in the mirror you see one!

I'm sorry.

Nothing was worse than seeing Brandon Yip and Ryan Stoa attempt to play in the NHL. I miss Zanon's beard but not his presence on the ice.

kingslunk

When Vern fell I was so pissed off. Thank god he scored after falling.

Dont count out the stars in the first round. Kari could get hot and if seguin hits 1-2 goals here and there series could end up 4-2 or 4-3 in stars favor.

CLINCH STARS LETS GO NEED LIVE PLAYOFF GAMES IN MY BODY

Acid08

Banned

Dont count out the stars in the first round. Kari could get hot and if seguin hits 1-2 goals here and there series could end up 4-2 or 4-3 in stars favor.

Stars fan thinks Stars will win in playoffs, this is shocking me to my core.

If y'all play Anaheim it'll be a fun series.

Oh man.. when he fell I was like "oh shit it is over!"

Then he scored and I humped the air like a mad man.

zroid

Banned
I don't know, bandwagon fans just really bother me. I know it's just sports, but I think it's indicative of spineless people. Bandwagon fans of my own team are even worse. Where were they when we were down in the mud having to watch the likes of Tyler Arnason or Greg Zanon?

Everyone has to start somewhere. I guarantee you almost no one becomes a fan of any sports team when they are total crap. Sure, eventually the Avs will need to rebuild and will likely face non-playoff seasons, and some of those "bandwagoner" fans will move on. But some won't, and that's how you build a fanbase.

Everyone has to start somewhere. I guarantee you almost no one becomes a fan of any sports team when they are total crap. Sure, eventually the Avs will need to rebuild and will likely face non-playoff seasons, and some of those "bandwagoner" fans will move on. But some won't, and that's how you build a fanbase.

True enough, the Avs won the first year here. So in a sense everyone hopped on that bandwagon. :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There's nothing wrong with people becoming fans of a team doing really well, like Zeeroid said, that's how you grow a fan base. The problem comes when these people all pretend like they've been fans for 15 years, and then bail the second they lose in the playoffs.

Red_Man

Jack Edwards said:
We know where the spiral began for Van: Up 2 games to 0 in 2011 SCF, Game 3, Rome KO's Horton. And you can look it up.
This fucking guy. Couldn't be more of a homer if he slept with Chara every night.

Acid08

Banned
This fucking guy. Couldn't be more of a homer if he slept with Chara every night.
As if that had anything to do with their management fuck ups. I'm sure he's jacking off into the fleshlight he inserted into his Chara body pillow thinking about the Canucks collapse.

Vman

I know I'm a homer but the Wild are gonna be dangerous. Playing there best hockey of the season at the moment and are winning against top teams in the league. We had the toughest schedule after the break and have been winning. I believe we have a better record after the break then several top teams in the league but I cant find the stat.

Jack Edwards can go suck a rats dick.

One that doesn't belong to Marchand.

I know I'm a homer but the Wild are gonna be dangerous. Playing there best hockey of the season at the moment and are winning against top teams in the league. We had the toughest schedule after the break and have been winning. I believe we have a better record after the break then several top teams in the league but I cant find the stat.

Nobody should be writing off the Wild. Best D tandem in league and a hot goalie that plays well behind them? It's the Nashville series all over again if the Ducks land them.

Acid08

Banned
Every team coming out of the West can be dangerous. It's just that Dallas and Minnesota have a big glaring fault each that the other six teams don't. Dallas is defense and Minnesota is goaltending. Minnesota's problem isn't as bad because their style helps protect goaltenders but Dallas can really be exposed by the more experienced teams. Lehtonen is going to have to be lights out for them to gain any traction.

ZeroGravity

So, if I'm not mistaken, Detroit can clinch with one point and Columbus with two points.

Lightning only need one more point to guarantee a match-up with Montreal.

iLLmAtlc

Honestly I kinda like that this year gives a lot of the teams that haven't had the taste of playoffs in a while a chance (TB, COL, possibly CBJ and DAL) especially considering COL and DAL used to be two of the best markets and IMO Columbus looks like a market that's just waiting to take off if they can sustain a little success.

Off topic: Man I can't believe the Ultimate Warrior died today. Saw his HoF speech on Saturday and his appearance on RAW yesterday.

Man you never know what tomorrow brings

Marvie_3

Banned
I threw up in my mouth when I read that name.

Smash88

Banned
i8KfGFlmEPucF.gif

Bring on the playoffs.

Red_Man

I don't even remember ever seeing it as a kid. None of my friends watched it, I was never exposed to it really.

SpacLock

I haven't really been posting in the NHL threads this season because I've been so damn busy, but I have been following the Red Wings religiously like always. Shitty game tonight, but keep it up boys! One more point!

Dr.Acula

Banned
I was super into wrestling from like age 10-12 and then again for a year or so when I was 15 and all my friends got into it briefly (Monday Night wars and playing wrestling games on the N64!).

Sucks about the Ultimate Warrior, I loved that guy. But it's crazy when dudes like Taker, who were around forever since I was a kid, and who were popular when I was a teen, are still around today.

Wrestling is like an old friend, it's always around. I checked out Wrestlemania 30 for old times sake, and the worst part was the announcing. They didn't make it seem exciting at all. And for the most part the matches were so slow, just plodding around and setup.

I just (as an experiment) went to look up an old match. Here's one featuring excellent acrobat Rey Mysterio, and all-time great Ric Flair. So much better than any of the matches Sunday night!

iLLmAtlc

my earliest memory of wrestling was watching Bret Hart when I was 8 or 9, he was my favourite when I was a kid. I watched it religiously with my grandmother surprisingly until I was 12 or so. Got out just before the big stars like Stone Cold and The Rock started leaving.

I believed it was real until grade 6 too I think lol.

I haven't really been posting in the NHL threads this season because I've been so damn busy, but I have been following the Red Wings religiously like always. Shitty game tonight, but keep it up boys! One more point!

So what are the odds that we fail to get a point in the remaining 3 games while NJ and/or Washington win out? Slim? Because I'm nervous as all get out that this will happen.

It's crazy but fun that the western conference still doesn't have a clear winner and we're right at the end of the season. Even better that the teams still in contention for the western conference title are basically even in loser points.

Solo

Habs being the only Canadian team is going to be amazing......CBC/TSN/etc. forced to unwillingly suck us off for at least a series? Incredible, can't wait. That will be as entertaining as the games themselves.

Give us some good montages, HNIC.

My parents made me stop watching when I was a kid because of Billy Gunn mooning people. Never went back since

Wait is that... oh god it is... this dude.

Best intro ever.

Bring on the playoffs.

Hey it's that guy who only shows up in the playoffs in the most annoying fashion possible. Doing anything he can to vent out his Leafs hate because some dude in a Leafs jersey fumbled his junk at a bus stop when he was 5 years old.

How's it going man? Been following the Penguins religiously? Bit of a lifelong diehard are we? Born and raised in Pittsburgh were we? Suffered through the dark years yeah? Hey good stuff. Welcome. Welcome. Let's have a blast in the yoffs!

yyzjohn

Banned
Habs being the only Canadian team is going to be amazing......CBC/TSN/etc. forced to unwillingly suck us off for at least a series? Incredible, can't wait. That will be as entertaining as the games themselves.

Give us some good montages, HNIC.

It pains me but I'll have to be supporting the Habs as the lone Canadian team. Canada been kicked in the hockey balls for far too long (at least at the NHL level)

zroid

Banned
I will support the Habs if they get past Tampa. Otherwise #Cup4Stamkos.

I feel like I'm the only one here who never watched Wrestling

I was never exposed to it until my mid-teens, and by then I had already decided it was stupid. :lol

A lot of my cousins watched wrestling religiously though, and I always found that weird.

Top Bottom