• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

zroid

Banned
- Jets win
- Sens win
- Perds win

163.gif

Acid08

Banned
TMac says Torres will be ready for Game 1. Hertl could play tomorrow pending medical clearance. Gooood gooooooood.

Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Wingels
Torres-Pavelski-Nieto
Desjardins-Sheppard-Kennedy
Havlat/Brown

Loooooove that forward group. I just hope Hertl gets up to speed fast enough to play on the top line and that McLellan has the sense to move Pavs back to center.

Defense is trickier:

Vlasic-Demers
Hannan/Stuart-Braun
Irwin-Boyle

Would rather see Vlasic-Braun because that's a true shutdown pair, Hannan-Demers worked very well this season, Irwin-Boyle should get the easiest minutes, and Stuart should be benched.

Goaltending is easily our biggest question, Niemi has been shit. I defend him a fair bit but he hasn't been what he need him to be at all this season. Stalock is awesome but he has faults too. Hopefully the coaching staff doesn't hesitate to put him in if Nemo faulters.

Also trying to come to grips with the fact that we could very well be out in the first round even if this is one of the better teams we've iced in years. Fucking Kings. At least we have home ice this time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Stoned by 11 rookies? I'm not surprised. I don't even know why I bother watching the games I miss, they lose 90% of them and have amazing comebacks in the other 10%.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
User33 said:
If you honestly think the Habs under Therrien are even sniffing the cup you're delusional.
I'll give you until tomorrow to come up with a post of mine that has ever called this team a contender or having a legitimate chance at the cup. Otherwise I'll put you on the ignore list with Sanjuro for guys who like to make shit up with nothing to back it.

I wouldn't be acting all high and mighty Red. Montreal's playing unsustainable hockey, just like the Leafs have been. Poor puck possession. Dinosaur coach. Unsustainable shooting percentages. Unsustainable goal tending. A "#1C" playing way above his ability. And so on. And so on.
Even Forza wasn't this delusional.

Top Bottom