• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wonder if she knew him before or after the show. Good for him, she's gorgeous and an amazing cook. /notsexist

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just saw Beaulieu was sent down. What a joke. He looked better in Chicago than Tinordi, Bouillon and Murray have looked all season. I don't get it.

Oh fuck me Berra is starting and the guys are going to be exhausted. This is gonna be a blood bath.

Sharks have nothing to play for, maybe they'll rest some players.

Edit: Gotta keep quoting 19 & 21, don't want my message to be lost in all of this conversation.

Hunter S.

Vancouver had 40 shots that game.

#Price4Vezina

It seems like every team gets 40, or so. Often times a lot of poor quality shots due to other teams coming from behind so much. Quality over quantity as a rule I say. It does concern me, and yet the wins are pilling up!

Samyy

It seems like every team gets 40, or so. Often times a lot of poor quality shots due to other teams coming from behind so much. Quality over quantity as a rule I say. It does concern me, and yet the wins are pilling up!

What Leaf fans were saying at the start of the season :p

What Leaf fans were saying at the start of the season :p
They've only played 12 games too
If im honest though I can see the Avalanche falling off.
Not really, there are teams who are just a cut above everyone else in the league like Chicago, SJ, LA, St.Louis, Boston, Pittsburg and are those I full expect to be occupying the top 10. Its hard to see the Avalanche, given their defence especially, maintain that high level of play till the end of the season. Thats not to say that they wont be a great team, but will they be top 3 in the league in points? Very unlikely. Thats all I meant by saying I could see them fall off. I think they are a pretty great team.
You.
jftEA6Novv5VG.PNG

Also from that thread

We definitely won't be holding on to 1st or 2nd, I would be amazed if that happened. 3rd-8th is kind of where I'm seeing us land over 82 games.

Edit: Assuming there are no meltdowns of course.

#Nostradamus4Vezina
Sharks could give less of a shit right now. Hopefully Hertl comes in and can get some time at least.

I hope this is true but still expect a horrible loss. Berra is not good.

Acid08

Banned
Also from that thread

#Nostradamus4Vezina

I hope this is true but still expect a horrible loss. Berra is not good.
Yeah well Carter Hutton shut us out last week so there's a pretty decent chance Berra will look like a Vezina nominee tomorrow.

Roy said Varlamov will start against the Ducks if the Central is at stake, but I'd actually like to see Jiggy get the start. Wold likely be his last game against the team he spent most of his career with. I think that would be a great send off for him.

Excuse me, but "corsi" and "fenwick"? Aren't these just buzzwords that dumb people use to sound important?

Not that I'm accusing you of anything like that.

I'm fired, aren't I?

Something like that, I just think hockey is too dynamic and fast for advanced stats to mean all that much.

Excuse me, but "corsi" and "fenwick"? Aren't these just buzzwords that dumb people use to sound important?

Not that I'm accusing you of anything like that.

I'm fired, aren't I?

LOL

Related, my season 4 DVD set came in the mail today. Just gotta get season 3 and I'll have seasons 3 - 9 (my buddy gave me 9 for free, score)

Top Bottom