• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

iLLmAtlc

conspiracy theorists believe that the Pens purposefully threw the game to avoid facing the Flyers in Round 1

*I believe that it was just a Fleury beach ball moment

Are they coming from Philadelphia?

I really highly doubt people with as much pride as pro hockey players would throw a game to avoid playing a hated rival.

And let's not forget that they managed to tie the game in the final minute. How does one throw a game while doing that?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He'll probably get 2-3 years. He's great on the 3rd line, and a great defensive guy. Bergevin spoke very highly of him.

He won't be useful in 2-3 years. He's been great on the third line this year, but the priorities should be Subban and Vanek right now. We won't have much cap space left over to sign Gionta unless Briere is traded.

MPW

He'll probably get 2-3 years. He's great on the 3rd line, and a great defensive guy. Bergevin spoke very highly of him.

well i sure hope he is ready to take a pay cut or goodbye

He won't be useful in 2-3 years. He's been great on the third line this year, but the priorities should be Subban and Vanek right now. We won't have much cap space left over to sign Gionta unless Briere is traded.

vanek is a rental

he is signing with Minnesota in the summer

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
At 2 years 2.5-3M I don't mind, he's a pretty good depth piece. I agree Subban & Vanek take priority though.

well i sure hope he is ready to take a pay cut or goodbye
I wouldn't want to pay him more then $3M and I think he's aware that he needs to take a cut.

Acid08

Banned
SHARKS WIN

Playoff time mouhfuckas. In the third period Hertl was back on the top line and Pavs was back to centering the third. Hopefully a sign of what's to come for the playoffs.

And of course BIG DICK PAV$ 41 FUCKING GOALS

iLLmAtlc

Markstrom has proven to be a key acquisition down the stretch. Gillis is rebuilding this team without being GM anymore, bless him.

Samyy

quigtm.gif

God I love Giantbomb :lol

iLLmAtlc

Was there a point in us tanking tonight? It's not like our draft position can go up.

It could have if Nucks gotten at least 3 pts against EDM/CGY + Carolina loss would have moved them past Canes Leafs and Jets.

Also great to see Nucks shake Smyth's hand at the end.

Top Bottom