• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers can clinch the Metropolitan division title with a win in Minnesota tonight. Not that there's much urgency on that. Thanks to Pittsburgh blowing it last night the Rangers' magic number is just two, so any win the rest of the way will clinch.

fallout

Blowing leads, losing games they shouldnt have, choking goalie. Everything culminating into one simple fact: They are still the Atlanta Thrashers.
Not to Socreges you, but I think you've made 5 posts in these threads and they all have to do with how shitty the Jets are ... is Quick employing you? Anyway, your comment got me interested in who is actually still left from the Thrashers. I might have missed a couple, but here's what I came up with:

Ladd, Little, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Pavelec, Enstrom, Slater, Stuart, Thorburn, Cormier.

In a lot of ways, I'd consider most of that list to be the core of the team. So yeah, to some degree, you're right!

zroid

Banned
Not to Socreges you, but I think you've made 5 posts in these threads and they all have to do with how shitty the Jets are ... is Quick employing you? Anyway, your comment got me interested in who is actually still left from the Thrashers. I might have missed a couple, but here's what I came up with:

Ladd, Little, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Pavelec, Enstrom, Slater, Stuart, Thorburn, Cormier.

In a lot of ways, I'd consider most of that list to be the core of the team. So yeah, to some degree, you're right!

lol isn't he a Jets fan? probably just dejected, dude

Deadbeat

Banned
Not to Socreges you, but I think you've made 5 posts in these threads and they all have to do with how shitty the Jets are ... is Quick employing you?
I grew up in Winnipeg. I do this for free.
lol isn't he a Jets fan? probably just dejected, dude
The jets dont exist anymore. You can slap the name on the thrashers because they failed in Atlanta, but that doesnt make them the Jets. It should have been a new name and a new start. Not some cash grab at the past.

Put it this way - When the ducks came to play at the mts center, more people cheered for Teemu than the Jets.

iLLmAtlc

The jets dont exist anymore. You can slap the name on the thrashers because they failed in Atlanta, but that doesnt make them the Jets. It should have been a new name and a new start. Not some cash grab at the past.

Put it this way - When the ducks came to play at the mts center, more people cheered for Teemu than the Jets.

this talk is cheap. if jets make the playoffs you probably shouldn't cheer for them.

Pikma

Banned

salt-mountain.jpg

Quick

Banned

Going to slip on my rational hat for a moment: that's so petty. And tiny. Why force a new name when the old name resonates so strongly with Winnipeg? It's definitely a cash grab, but it's what the people wanted. The best thing True North did after bringing a team to the city is branding it to the Jets. Of course it's a cash grab, but I'm sure the city doesn't mind when the money goes towards keeping the team.

And by your logic, you're an Arizona Coyotes fan. Still sucking on Shane Doan's teat and all.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ovechkin professed his love for the atmosphere, culture, and city of Montreal, noting that though he plans to never leave the Capitals, if he ever did, his first choice would be the Montreal Canadiens.

Couple this with TSN running a segment on their Toronto radio station earlier today on whether or not Sidney Crosby would want to leave Pittsburgh and where his first choice would be, also Montreal,

Make it happen Bergevin!

Desharnais would still be the number one centre though.

iLLmAtlc

Make it happen Bergevin!

Desharnais would still be the number one centre though.

I have a lot of admiration for the building's energy.

I have a brief recollection of a game from a few years ago when Jagr made his return to Montreal and everybody was booing him like it was the 90s. Blew me away.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I have a lot of admiration for the building's energy.

I have a brief recollection of a game from a few years ago when Jagr made his return to Montreal and everybody was booing him like it was the 90s. Blew me away.

It's not as lively this season, the long playoff run might have taken some excitement out of the regular season, but the playoff atmosphere should be great again.

Socreges

Banned

*high five* Thirst for justice and accountability!

zroid

Banned
Ross sucks and might be traded

I haven't been following the Raps since they started sucking (my constitution is only strong enough to follow one crappy team at a time), but I read this article a week or two ago about how Valanciunas is apparently kind of bad... like he quietly makes the team suck while he's on the floor, even when it looks like he's playing well. Yowch.

I haven't been following the Raps since they started sucking (my constitution is only strong enough to follow one crappy team at a time), but I read this article a week or two ago about how Valanciunas is apparently kind of bad... like he quietly makes the team suck while he's on the floor, even when it looks like he's playing well. Yowch.
I actually like Valanciunas. There's a few things he needs approving on but he's solid.. I didn't know he secretly sucked

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I know what article you're talking about and I see you linked it.

That article is the definition of "I just look at the fancy stats and not the actual game to make a judgement"

I won't dispute what the article has found because all of that is true. But at the same time the article fails to say that in Dwane Casey's system it's very reliant on over helping on defense which Valanciunas is only slowly improving upon. How Casey's system expects a 7 footer to be able to contend with a guard outside of the key and help contain him on switches.

How the offensive system does not utilize many post ups despite the fact the Raptors two bigs have a shooting percentage in the top 10 if not the top 5 of the league when they do get touches yet they have the least amount of touches for any bigs in the league.

How Valanciunas due to Casey's odd substitution patterns unlike the rest of the starting five usually does not see minutes against the bench to help his stats out.

Given the price Jonas is likely to command, even with his flaws, it’s difficult to make a case for the Raptors to extend Valanciunas this offseason.

This again is making the decision that a 22 year old center is somehow done improving. In basketball front court players normally take a lot longer to develop. Valanciunas won't be near the player he could potentially be until he's 25 or 26.

Sorry no more basketball talk in here for you guys, my apologies.

edit: And for my liege Cake Boss go with Demar, the guy if he resigns in 2 years will end up being the leading Raps scorer!

zroid

Banned
I know what article you're talking about and I see you linked it.

That article is the definition of "I just look at the fancy stats and not the actual game to make a judgement"

[snip]

that's fair :)

I'm really ignorant about all this stuff so it was more a thing that made me say "huh" than anything else. good to know there's more to it than that.

Sanjuro

LOL

They just zoomed out to a camera angle which is basically an overhead EA NHL camera angle.

What is this shit? Cameradude is drunk.

Top Bottom