• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

Calamari41

41 > 38
Calamari, what's wrong with Kings fans? Asides from that stupid Cartman thing?

Compare them to something I understand - Boston fans (they are the worst of the worst)

A quick and slightly sloppy analogy is Raiders fans without knowledge of the game, and who only show up after a lead is gained.

Heretic

All jokes aside, I've explained my position on this several times but I suppose I'll need to spell it out again. I do not want the Kings in the playoffs, yes. Desperately, even. But it's not because I'm uniquely concerned that the Kings will eliminate the Ducks. I've said before, and continue to believe, that the Ducks should be considered underdogs against any team they play this offseason. Not because I don't think that the Ducks are or aren't technically better than everybody else in the league, but because of Bruce Boudreau.

My "fear" of the Kings specifically being our first round opponents is based on the fact that I've already bought tickets to our first round home games, and hockey is legitimately not enjoyable to watch when Kings fans are part of the experience. Even this thread itself is a better place without the drive-by Kings lifelongs.

If we're talking pure on-the-ice matchups, I actually think that we would have a better chance of beating the Kings than we would almost any other team in the playoffs. All fake jinxes aside.

Now you can move onto the "You hate us cause you ain't us" phase.

Preach on, bud!

A quick and slightly sloppy analogy is Raiders fans without knowledge of the game, and who only show up after a lead is gained.

Law enforcement is still trying to round up the last of the raiders fans in this area. Giant window decals with expletives and idiotic catch phrases.

Ducks tickets are fairly inexpensive and the pond is very close to LA. Kings fans will show up in large numbers should the kings actually make it to playoffs. Having the enemy fans has always been a problem in so cal but what happens during playoffs is a friggin migration to Anaheim. So I totally get the desire to avoid that Cal.

Calamari41

41 > 38
So you know that one time Canucks fans tried to burn Vancouver to the ground? Kings fans have never really done that! Aren't they just the worst?

Let's be fair... LA burned every time the Lakers won a title over the last two decades. The difference is the LAPD came down on that shit hard before the Kings started their Cup streak.

Personally I think all the Kings fans in the bubble are cool. Everybody is cheering against the Kings all the time and they just roll with the punches.

Agreed. I don't have a problem with any of Our Boys. Especially InvaderZimmer.

I'm speaking solely about the wild specimens.

iLLmAtlc

Personally I think all the Kings fans in the bubble are cool. Everybody is cheering against the Kings all the time and they just roll with the punches.

Yeah but if they really cared about hockey they'd have still rioted.

My wife likes hockey more than I and broke a dish during that last game with the nucks. Turned out it was an accident but it makes for a good story if you leave the last part out. That's how crazy we are.

You're implying that the people who "burned down Vancouver" cared about hockey?
That's basically what Tabris implied during Density. Something along the lines of "I'd rather live in a city that cares about hockey" in response to the rioting. I'm just leveling with him bro don't get all Soc on me.

Quick

Banned
The best comparison I can make is dudes claiming waifus all of a sudden because it's popular, when they previously made fun of the culture.

For how long, though?

Jokes aside, lack of Malkin is not the only problem they currently have and it's definitely not the only reason they're not playing good hockey.

Yeah, but I'm sure they can put it together for at least four games.

Caps have three games left; DET, BOS and NYR.

Pls.

ZeroGravity

Some perspective as we head into the final week of the season:

Chance of making the playoffs:

99.9% - New York Islanders
99.4% - Minnesota Wild
98.5% - Vancouver Canucks
98.5% - Washington Capitals
95.8% - Pittsburgh Penguins
95.1% - Detroit Red Wings
80.7% - Boston Bruins
78.6% - Calgary Flames
74.0% - Los Angeles Kings
49.4% - Winnipeg Jets
30.0% - Ottawa Senators
0.1% - San Jose Sharks

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Calamari, what's wrong with Kings fans? Asides from that stupid Cartman thing?

Compare them to something I understand - Boston fans (they are the worst of the worst)

They have the only other NHL-Gaffer that sometimes surpasses you.

Jack Remington.

Let's be fair... LA burned every time the Lakers won a title over the last two decades. The difference is the LAPD came down on that shit hard before the Kings started their Cup streak.

Agreed. I don't have a problem with any of Our Boys. Especially InvaderZimmer.

I'm speaking solely about the wild specimens.

Is this about me and Vman?

Sorry. Had to.

zroid

Banned
usa-today-8499713.0.jpg

All I know is the more decisions that this org makes with trades and personnel the more I imagine this behind the scenes

But Sakic & Roy are learning still and I recognize that. I just hope they can keep the big mistakes to a minimum in the future. Berra for a second should be enough motivation.

Asset management has been horrible.

A second for Stuart
A second for Berra
Downie > Talbot > Caron

Then there's bad contracts for players who haven't proved themselves and of course still haven't.

Stuart, Berra, Guenin, Holden.

The only good trades in my mind:

Tanguay
Briere (solely because we lose 4 million next year)

Iginla was a good get as well, doubt that would have happened without Sakic's influence and Tanguay!

Cake Boss

Banned
Today we are all Flyers fans,

Oh man that Mark Stone hes gonna get the Soc Calder Trophy.

CANT STOP PLAYING EASTSIDE HOCKEYMANAGER. SPENT 5 HOURS ON IT AND I AM STILL IN THE PRESEASON AHHHHH SOOO GOOOOODDDD!!!!
AU7Amsc.gif

Stasis

Today we are all Flyers fans.

Agreed. I'm actually in Bucks County (real close to Philly) visiting family for Easter so I'll probably be with a few Flyers fans at this brunch I'm going to later. United in Pens dislike we should be ok.

Managed to catch the tail end of that Debbies thrashing last night. Good stuff. Hank isn't in early season form thankfully!

Tabris

I wonder who's going to win for the year. Henrik or Daniel. Daniel has a 3 point lead right now, that may be hard to overcome in 3 games for Henrik.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I saw someone post the record of the Pens this season with one of Corsby / Malkin and one without either of them and they're not even a .500 without at least one of them.

zroid

Banned
iirc the Laffs have only won the season series against 3 teams this year: the Rangers, Stars, and Blue Jackets

they still have a chance to win it vs Ottawa tonight

Top Bottom