• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

Calamari41

41 > 38
choke_zpsh85j1fmo.gif

lupin23rd

Does Vancouver clinch if la loses in reg?

Yup.

From NHL.com:

The Vancouver Canucks (idle) would clinch a playoff berth if any of the following occurs:

the Kings lose in regulation;

the Kings lose in overtime or a shootout AND the Flames lose in regulation;

the Kings lose in overtime or a shootout AND the Flames fail to win in regulation or overtime AND the Jets lose in regulation; or

both the Flames and the Jets lose in regulation.

(obviously the last two aren't possible with the Jets winning)

if jets beat the avs and LA looses this game will we clinch a spot by thursday potentially

I don't think so. I think Calgary would need to defeat LA on Thursday as well in order to secure a playoff berth before Saturday. On the other hand if LA loses to Edmonton and Calgary, then both the Flames and Jets would be in provided Calgary defeats Arizona tonight.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I don't think so. I think Calgary would need to defeat LA on Thursday as well in order to secure a playoff berth before Saturday. On the other hand if LA loses to Edmonton and Calgary, then both the Flames and Jets would be in provided Calgary defeats Arizona tonight.

im torn I want winnipeg and calgary both in however I dont want it to come down to the final game in winnipeg vs clagary for a playoff spot

I was content being lazy and watching the game without pants on eating pizza. But now I have to go out on pants and stand in my lucky spot at my local bar.

Dammit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So the only combination we don't make the playoffs is if LA wins 3 in a row and we lose 2 in regulation? Still nerve racking.

We need to lose our last 2 games

Calgary needs 4 points in 3 games to pass us, at least one of them a non-shootout win
Kings need 5 points in 3 games
Jets need 2 points in 2 games

But given that the Flames play the Kings AND Jets still, that stuff gets complicated

let's see

we fail if...

We lose our last 2 games with no points
Jets beat Colorado OR the Flames, if the flames beat the Kings and Coyotes
Flames win 2 games against either the Jets, Avs or Kings, one of them before the shootout
Kings beat the Oilers, Sharks and gets at least 1 point against the Flames

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
We need to lose our last 2 games

Calgary needs 4 points in 3 games to pass us, at least one of them a non-shootout win
Kings need 5 points in 3 games
Jets need 2 points in 2 games

But given that the Flames play the Kings AND Jets still, that stuff gets complicated

let's see

we fail if...

We lose our last 2 games with no points
Jets beat Colorado OR the Flames, if the flames beat the Kings and Coyotes
Flames win 2 games against either the Jets, Avs or Kings, one of them before the shootout
Kings beat the Oilers, Sharks and gets at least 1 point against the Flames

i hate math

Flames retake the lead, Oilers holding their lead going into the 2nd intermission, this night may very well end up to be a near perfect night.

GO OILERS! GO FLAMES!
Rooting for the Flames feels so weird.

Erdrick

Why hate on the Oilers? They are harmless.

I'll never forgive them for what they did to us in the 80's. This past decade or so of mediocrity have been payback for the beatings they gave to the Jets of old. I'd sooner they never win a game again, except in this case where it benefits the Jets today.

Otherwise, them and their inept management can continue masquerading a borderline AHL team as a legitimate NHL team.

calder

Why hate on the Oilers? They are harmless.

Because the whole franchise is a joke - constantly rewarded for ineptitude yet still unable to ever improve. Fuck 'em.

I don't have much against their fans, in that they don't really have any left, but my disgust is pretty much entirely for the team itself.

I'll never forgive them for what they did to us in the 80's. This past decade or so of mediocrity have been payback for the beatings they gave to the Jets of old. I'd sooner they never win a game again, except in this case where it benefits the Jets today.

Also, that.

Top Bottom