• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
It really was the best possible outcome.

Now it's up to Edmonton, oh who I'm I kidding?

Yeah, yeah, and Toronto will win the cup in 2050.

The oilers won't win shit, they're the oilers for a reason, we have to look for someone else to beat them.

lookatthatoutfit6ju98.gif

lookatthatoutfit6ju98.gif

wallpaper_logo_1920x1200.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Almost every game ended with the best possible result. The only way it could have been better is if Ottawa could have completed the rally during regulation and keep the Pens from getting that point.

Sets up all kinds of entertaining scenarios for the rest of the week.

Canucks clinch? What's the maths behind that?
Best the Kings can do is 97 points, where the Canucks are now, but they cannot catch up to Vancouver in ROW and therefore lose the tiebreaker.

calder

Man ppl never have figured out how the standings work. Sportscasters constantly say the team outside is 3 back of the playoffs because the Jets are in second wildcard, but in reality the Kings are 2 points behind the Flames.

Erdrick

he was dancing randomly at a jets game, he wore a fur coat and decided to bust a move he thought people would make fun of him but it made him a legend

I was at that one. It was the Jets/Panthers game in early January. I had some drunk dude spill his booze all over my jersey and jacket. He's lucky that Perreault scored four goals and the Jets won 8-2, otherwise I'd have been a lot more pissed.

@Rich_Hammond 3m3 minutes ago
Most reasonable playoff scenario for Kings: beat Calgary, beat San Jose, pray for Winnipeg to beat Calgary on Saturday

:(

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I was at that one. It was the Jets/Panthers game in early January. I had some drunk dude spill his booze all over my jersey and jacket. He's lucky that Perreault scored four goals and the Jets won 8-2, otherwise I'd have been a lot more pissed.

#doitforgaledamnit

@Rich_Hammond 3m3 minutes ago
Most reasonable playoff scenario for Kings: beat Calgary, beat San Jose, pray for Winnipeg to beat Calgary on Saturday

:(

That's literally the only scenario.

Two of those things are not going to happen

Edit: actually if the kings win out and the jets drop both of theirs with no points they would make it in wouldn't they?

Or did the nhl app not update the standings for tonight? Jets are at what 96 points?

That's literally the only scenario.

Two of those things are not going to happen

Edit: actually if the kings win out and the jets drop both of theirs with no points they would make it in wouldn't they?

Or did the nhl app not update the standings for tonight? Jets are at what 96 points?

You're right.

zroid

Banned
conspiracy theory time:

If the Flames and Jets both lose their next games in OT/SO, then they'll be in a position to guarantee playoff spots for themselves if they play a 3 point game in their season closer.

Oh so are regulation wins not the first tie breaker if 2 teams have the same points anymore?

Via NHL

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order: The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage). The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

ShaneB

conspiracy theory time:

If the Flames and Jets both lose their next games in OT/SO, then they'll be in a position to guarantee playoff spots for themselves if they play a 3 point game in their season closer.

Heh, I was actually just wondering what scenario would allow this. Just to have 2 teams play their final game and agree to just mail it in for a 3 point game and they both get in.

The Royal Half ‏@theroyalhalf Dec 8
I would say losing to the 2014-15 Oilers is the most embarrassing thing ever for the San Jose Sharks but it’s not even really Top 10.

lmao

calder

conspiracy theory time:

The Flames and Jets would play to a 0-0 tie in regulation, neither team taking a single shot on goal with the crowd chanting "fuck LA" the whole 60. It would be glorious.

Top Bottom