• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

I'm stuck in a group text of my friends arguing about Jones going in instead of Quick.

After watching that game we didn't lose because of Jones.

If I were Winnipeg I'd lose to Calgary on purpose.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm stuck in a group text of my friends arguing about Jones going in instead of Quick.

The Flames and Jets would play to a 0-0 tie in regulation, neither team taking a single shot on goal with the crowd chanting "fuck LA" the whole 60. It would be glorious.

uiQD2jz.gif

What a beaut.

4-3 watch it happen

the Sharks fan at my local bar was bummed tonight that his team couldn't be the ones to shit on our playoff dream this year.

Granted it's not over yet. But I'm just going to enjoy the last few games and figure out which team I want to win the cup this year

Calamari41

41 > 38
Guys... If it comes down the the Sharks being the ones that need to eliminate the Kings, you realize that means the Kings will make it in, right?

iLLmAtlc

No decision IMO. Nerds have looked at this and concluded backups are much better. Before your friends say most goalies in the study aren't quick, just remember it's usually the elite goalies who do this.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...a-flyers-goaltending-stats-back-to-back-games

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Guys... If it comes down the the Sharks being the ones that need to eliminate the Kings, you realize that means the Kings will make it in, right?

It's easy

Jets beat the Avs
Flames lose against the Kings
Jets let the Flames win, they both shake hands and laugh in LA's face

Pikma

Banned
Holy fuck new Deus Ex?

Today is a day to remember gentlemen.

Well yeah, that's good, but we also lost Fantasy Life and Layton to fucking mobile. That's pretty shitty

You're telling me there's a chance I'll be using this avatar while the Kings play in the playoffs?

Man, I did not think this very thoroughly

negitoro7

Everyone is so terrified of the mighty LA Kings when they can't even beat the Oilers.

That's cause their lineup is as skilled as the Blackhawks + a better goaltender and no.1 D-man. 2 cups in 3 years is reason enough to be terrified of them.
Edit: and they physically punish you more than anyone else in the West, except for maybe the Jets.

They looked exhausted tonight from the game against the Canucks last night, and Oilers were out for revenge after the 8-2 embarrassment.

So Ducks-GAF, how do you feel about the prospect of facing Winnipeg in the first round? Considering this will very likely be our first round match up, I'd like to hear your thoughts on a Jets-Ducks playoff series.

I really thought the Oilers revenge would be to lose 6-2 instead of 8-2. Reduce the GA by 25%

So Ducks-GAF, how do you feel about the prospect of facing Winnipeg in the first round? Considering this will very likely be a first round match up, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this matchup.

I think I'd prefer the Kings. The matchup is better this year than it was last year. Plus revenge.

Jets are a tough team. Anaheim beat Winnipeg this year but they were super tough games.

Some days the stars align and good things actually happen.

The beauty of pessimism. You're either correct or pleasantly wrong.

So Ducks-GAF, how do you feel about the prospect of facing Winnipeg in the first round? Considering this will very likely be a first round match up, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this matchup.

Same way we approached the Stars.

Except there won't be much thuggery as expected from them.

You can bet Buffuglyalien is gonna try some shit though.

Every regular season game that had Pavalec in net was really difficult. But we can handle the Jets.

Ducks in 6.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You know what the saddest thing tonight was? After the Devils-Rangers game tonight the Devils went to salute the crowd as it was their final home game of the season, and they got booed out of the building because it was mostly Rangers fans at that point.

Even the one picture of the salute they posted on their site shows the stands either empty or predominantly in blueshirts.

http://devils.nhl.com/index.html

Almost makes me feel sorry for the poor bastards.

Almost.

Erdrick

In all the furor here over the win last night, I forgot to congratulate the Sens on a beautiful comeback last night. Really hope you guys can make it in, as you've done so well to get where you are and salvaged a season that looked to be a write off. I just couldn't tear myself from the Jets/Blues game to see the Sens/Pens game, as gripping as it sounded.

I'm still more in shock that the OILERS actually beat the Kings when it really mattered. (For us, that is.)

If we make it to the playoffs, this city is going to go insane. Just a little bit more...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats to the Rangers. I never would've guessed that they would take the President's this year. Vigneault is a fantastic coach and should never have been let go.

With that said...GIVE US CAM TALBOT AND LET US RUIN HIM TOO! >=[

Montresor

Carolina lost in regulation yesterday. *sad face*

Ottawa won against Pittsburgh... Hmmm... Even as a Leafs fan I would be happy to see Ottawa make the playoffs. Their run post January has been quite nice. But FUCK Ottawa, you had to give Pittsburgh a point...

Winnipeg won, Calgary won, and LA lost. *woot*

DopeyFish and company should be placed on suicide watch if Toronto rises to 5th last... Toronto has squandered all Carolina's games in hand. Carolina is now only 2 points ahead and Toronto has the ROW tiebreaker, and both teams have played 80 games. Fudge!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Carolina lost in regulation yesterday. *sad face*

Ottawa won against Pittsburgh... Hmmm... Even as a Leafs fan I would be happy to see Ottawa make the playoffs. Their run post January has been quite nice. But FUCK Ottawa, you had to give Pittsburgh a point...

Winnipeg won, Calgary won, and LA lost. *woot*

DopeyFish and company should be placed on suicide watch if Toronto rises to 5th last... Toronto has squandered all Carolina's games in hand. Carolina is now only 2 points ahead and Toronto has the ROW tiebreaker, and both teams have played 80 games. Fudge!
Nah. This draft is still good enough that while I'd be pissed, Barzal would still be a good pick. I know Samayy was pumping Zacha's tires before as well.

My hope is we get another pick in the first round this draft. Provorov, Kylington, Konecny, etc. lots of good picks.

Calamari41

41 > 38
So Ducks-GAF, how do you feel about the prospect of facing Winnipeg in the first round? Considering this will very likely be our first round match up, I'd like to hear your thoughts on a Jets-Ducks playoff series.

Lost in the excitement over the prospect of Kings fans simply not existing for two solid years is the fact that the Kings are incredibly beatable. The Jets will be tough to beat if they end up in the playoffs.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I know beggars can't be choosers, but if we made the playoffs and I had a choice of which of the 3 teams we're chasing to knock out, I think I would choose the Wings. It would be great to end their playoff streak :D

Top Bottom