• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

ducks pls

3Z1Qsos.gif

Sometimes I wonder just how fucked the Ducks are when Getzlaf and Perry finally start declining.

I like Despres, but gawt dawn, not seeing much from any of the kids that inspires brilliance.

Guess they're just playing it safe. A LOT of dump and chase - which never works.

Quick

Banned
So I heard the Bruins lost tonight. Looks like it will be between Ottawa, Boston and Pittsburgh for the last two playoff spots in the east.

If the Pens don't make it: do they retool, do a half-rebuild, or do a complete rebuild?

The latter two probably won't happen, but having Jim Rutherford on the GM chair could make for an interesting off-season.

zroid

Banned
If the Pens don't make it: do they retool, do a half-rebuild, or do a complete rebuild?

The latter two probably won't happen, but having Jim Rutherford on the GM chair could make for an interesting off-season.

lol Rutherford...

well they probably shouldn't do anything drastic, 'cause their season was derailed by injuries a lot

Pikma

Banned
Enroth gets the shutout. Fucking Ruff should have given him a chance earlier in the season, not when everything was already lost. I hope we keep him and get rid of Lehtonen, I'd rather have an AHL tier golie as the backup

Syrinx

How do you do a rebuild with one pick in the first four rounds of the draft?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Caps have given up more goals to John Scott than to the entire Bruins team this season

let that sink in for a while

pev.gif

Samyy

Apparently the Leafs are calling up Orr to thank him for his services by playing him in the last game

That tank game is too strong

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Leafs are such a joke of a franchise, calling up Orr is a great way to summarize their season.

zroid

Banned
I'd rather he didn't injure any Habs :/ but seeing this is gonna be a send off for him, he probably is.

I doubt it, Orr is pretty harmless. that's what makes his presence these last few years even more perplexing -- not only can he not play hockey, he isn't even a "good" enforcer. he's just a guy... with leadership/character/grit or something.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
the caps?

XLU0Ybd.jpg

Speaking of golf enthusiasts, here's Teemu Selanne caddying at the Masters. I assume this has been posted in here before?

f03a65c0-de26-11e4-b8rxud2.jpg

Anyway, Mats Zuccarello is not expected to take part in tonight's victory lap/Senators charity event at MSG. Henrik Lundqvist gets the start tonight and on Saturday, which means barring any extenuating circumstances we've likely seen Cam Talbot's final start of the year, possibly his final start as a member of the Rangers. Nice note to ride out on.

The Rangers have also just called up Ryan Bourque and Chris Summers. Expect them in the lineup tonight (it would be Ryan Bourque's NHL debut if he plays). Hitting dat snooze button hard it seems. You're welcome, Sens-GAF.

Meanwhile, Kevin Klein is doing stickhandling drills this morning. He is not expected to play in either of the two remaining games but, according to AV, should be ready to go in time for Game 1 next Thursday night.

Bet you almost forgot that we've been without our most consistent top 4 defenseman of the season for over a month now. :)

I doubt it, Orr is pretty harmless. that's what makes his presence these last few years even more perplexing -- not only can he not play hockey, he isn't even a "good" enforcer. he's just a guy... with leadership/character/grit or something.

I think I'm letting Don Cherry his legacy colour my thoughts here.

ShaneB

Ottawa basically in a must-win vs the Rags tonight. Should be a good one.

Sens/Rangers and Flames/Kings are the marquee matchups tonight. Can't wait for that Flames/Kings game. This is basically playoff hockey right now. Also really would love the Panthers to beat the Bruins. Bunch of great games tonight. edit: And with the Masters as well, what a great sports weekend this is gonna be.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Nash and Staal are sitting out as well. Snes better take advantage.

Yup, Nash, Zuccarello, Staal are all out tonight.

Rick Nash has also been named the Rangers' team MVP, as voted on by the media, and he's won the team's Players' Player Award, as voted by the players. 8th time one player has taken both awards (Ryan McDonagh also did it last year). The other 6 were John Vanbiesbrouck, James Patrick, Adam Graves, Mark Messier, Mike Richter, and Brian Leetch.

Henrik Lundqvist had won the team MVP for 7 straight years before last year but interestingly has never been the Players' Player winner.

Rangers' MVP:
Henrik Lundqvist 2006-07
Henrik Lundqvist 2007-08
Henrik Lundqvist 2008-09
Henrik Lundqvist 2009-10
Henrik Lundqvist 2010-11
Henrik Lundqvist 2011-12
Henrik Lundqvist 2012-13

Players' Player:
Brendan Shanahan 2006-07
Colton Orr and Jason Strudwick 2007-08
Chris Drury and Blair Betts 2008-09