• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

Calamari41

41 > 38
Management teams are accountable to the ownership, though. Keeping an underperforming management team in place is a failure of ownership.

Pikma

Banned
Something's wrong with me today, I've been having headaches pretty frequently for a while now but today's especially horrible :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Dodgers fans stopped going to games for several years as a protest and the team was eventually sold to Magic's group. The "boycott" was the major reason that whats-his-name decided to cash out and get the hell out of Dodge.

The fans and the local media made it happen.
I think Frank McCourt getting taken to the cleaners in his divorce had more than a little to do with it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I think Frank McCourt getting taken to the cleaners in his divorce had more than a little to do with it.

Obviously there were many factors, but if the team had been making money like they had through their history (and since he sold), it would have been a different story.

Edit: actually, it looks like they settled with a payment to the wife in exchange for sole ownership by Frank well before the sale.

Going by MutFox's reasoning, Arizona, Florida, Atlanta and the Islanders must be the most well run clubs in the league by now. Atlanta especially!

Dodgers fans stopped going to games for several years as a protest and the team was eventually sold to Magic's group. The "boycott" was the major reason that whats-his-name decided to cash out and get the hell out of Dodge.

The fans and the local media made it happen.

I'm sure that was a factor.

As were Frank McCourt's divorce proceedings, scandals, and the $2 billion USD carrot being dangled in front of him.

pre-edit: beaten by marvie

Calamari41

41 > 38
The team filed for bankruptcy and MLB took over operations on an emergency basis a year after Frank personally settled with his wife in exchange for sole ownership. The operation wasn't making money.

One of MLB's flagship brands was stagnating and sinking into nothingness, and they forced a sale.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Something's wrong with me today, I've been having headaches pretty frequently for a while now but today's especially horrible :(

That sounds like something that should be checked out, getting headaches frequently isn't normal, especially if they're getting worse.

trifelife

:lol

Yeah I already took some, thanks!
with how common this is becoming I might as well be fucking addicted to them though.

I occasionally get bad headaches. Advil Liquid Gels, water, darkness, silence and a cold pack on the forehead/back of the neck is usually what I need til I fall asleep.

Good luck!

Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL 14m
Jack Eichel just named the first college freshman since Paul Kariya (UofMaine, 1993) to win the Hobey Baker Award as college hcky's top plyr

Kariya :(

Fuck Gary Suter.

zroid

Banned
btw cock boss, your boy Mirtle picked Norrisson for the Norris

This isn’t just about points, although that’s some of it, as his work on the power play is unmatched. It’s more about how the way the Senators play completely transforms when Karlsson is on the ice. Only PK Subban (and possibly Mark Giordano) has a similar effect on his team in the NHL right now, and for all the talk about the defensive game of these two, their impact on shot rates and possession cannot be ignored. You can’t score if they’ve got the puck the whole time, and these two have it more than anyone else leaguewide. And with how difficult it is to produce offence in the NHL right now, getting offence from the back end is more vital than ever. Karlsson perfectly embodies the new breed of defencemen that are thriving.

Clydefrog

ltBvOld.jpg

Top Bottom