• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

So the Leafs have either the 1st, 4th, or 5th pick?

:D

How can you already have faith in him when he hasn't drafted a single player yet, let alone one who's a superstar in the NHL.

I'm not going to place blind faith in anyone in management until they prove something. Although I'm cautiously optimistic for now.

And we may not know much about his supposed personnel acumen for a few years too. I would expect his contributions to be most apparent in the later stages of the draft, and those players we tend not to see for 3-4 years at least.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Given that it'll be Canucks-Flames, which is the entire West of Canada, I'm sure CBC will pick that series

I don't think they have any choice, they get whatever Sportsnet wants to give them. Considering Sportsnet gets all ad revenue during games though(was that confirmed?), it will probably end up there though.

trifelife

How the fuck was Berra not a star with a 41 save shutout? :lol

image.php

ShaneB

I hope all the Canadian team games are on cbc. Flames and Jets better not be on Sportsnet.

Would the Jets games still fall under the TSN coverage? Not sure how that will work. Although they are on the Rogers network for HNIC, so disregard this!

Does it matter anyway if it's CBC or Sportsnet for the other games? I assume it's just going to be how HNIC is presented, mainly the first round mass of games spread across all the networks, CBC, SN, SN1, SN360, City, etc etc No doubt the Canadian teams will get top billing on CBC regardless, so not an issue.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The mysteriously "injured" Nash and Zuccarello practicing with the team today. Ryan Bourque and Chris Summers are still there too. No Kevin Klein, no Marc Staal.

So who knows who's playing against Washington tomorrow.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Therrien is starting Price in Toronto. Fucking LOL.

F-F-F-F-F-FINISH THEM

ALSO, what cars does NHL-GAF drive and how much do you like the car? I'm looking into leasing one and need feedback. I've got no idea. Deals and some preliminary research I'm looking at the following(<25k CAD), sorted roughly by my current preference:

Mazda3
Ford Fiesta/Focus
Kia Rio/Forte
Chevy Cruze
Nissan Ventra Note/Sentra
VW Jetta/Golf
Honda Civic
Toyota Yaris/Corolla
Hyundai Accent/Elantra/Sonata
Subaru Impreza
Scion tC

MutFox

Banned
F-F-F-F-F-FINISH THEM

ALSO, what cars does NHL-GAF drive and how much do you like the car? I'm looking into leasing one and need feedback. I've got no idea. Deals and some preliminary research I'm looking at the following(<25k CAD), sorted roughly by my current preference:

Mazda3
Ford Fiesta/Focus
Kia Rio/Forte
Chevy Cruze
VW Jetta/Golf
Honda Civic
Toyota Yaris/Corolla
Subaru Impreza
Scion tC

Have a Sentra from 2005, still runs perfect. (bought it new in 2005)
But that Mazda 3 seems quite awesome.

Also, from driving other Subaru's, give it a test drive for sure.
Amazing handling.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
We have an Elantra GT and a Nissan Versa. The Versa has been very reliable and I have over 200,000 km on it. The Elantra is nice but I don't care for some of the handling.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
F-F-F-F-F-FINISH THEM

Mazda3
Ford Fiesta/Focus
Kia Rio/Forte
Chevy Cruze
VW Jetta/Golf
Honda Civic
Toyota Yaris/Corolla
Subaru Impreza
Scion tC

My one and only car was a '99 Jetta. Loved that thing. Its only real issue was that it occasionally had some electrical issues, but nothing particularly expensive or difficult to fix. Was driving that up until I moved to the city in 2008, so that was a good 9 years in that thing. Think it was sold around 2010 or so.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Golf. I know my sister has leased a few of them.

Solo

I think it was ShaneB commenting about Price playing more games in a season than Plante/Dryden, but here's some interesting numbers:

Plante 1955-1956: 42 wins in 64 games played
Plante 1961-1962: 42 wins in 70 games played
Dryden 1975-1976: 42 wins in 62 games played
Price 2014-2015: 43 wins in 65 games played (and 42 wins in 64 games)

So he's right there.......BUT, in all fairness, Price has the benefit of winning shootout games, whereas in Plante and Dryden's days, those games would have ended in ties, thus Price has a few "fake" wins.

It's not as much fun as it should be though. Because it's been a full year since anybody has so much as mentioned the Kings, I forgot who the lifelongs are and thus can't really rub it in.

I cleaned up your post to save some word count.

I'll be the token lifelong on GAF. The bandwagon is on sale at Cerritos auto square if you guys need one =)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yea anyone can win its kinda scary that LA has a chance tbh

I'm just glad to see at worst we fall to 5th every time basically. Feels good.

I feel like Marner or Strome is our destiny. I keep feeling like the Oilers will take Hanifin no matter what if he's there.

I'm sure everything will go to complete and utter hell if the Pens fall out of the playoffs and win McDavid...

Also for cars, I will always recommend Honda Accords. Love them to death.

RC

Banned
F-F-F-F-F-FINISH THEM

Mazda3
Ford Fiesta/Focus
Kia Rio/Forte
Chevy Cruze
VW Jetta/Golf
Honda Civic
Toyota Yaris/Corolla
Subaru Impreza
Scion tC

I've got a 2010 Mazda 6. Aside from being poor on gas I really like it. Built in Bluetooth, automatic lights and wipers, and keyless entry have really spoiled me.

ShaneB

I think it was ShaneB commenting about Price playing more games in a season than Plante/Dryden, but here's some interesting numbers:

So he's right there.......BUT, in all fairness, Price has the benefit of winning shootout games, whereas in Plante and Dryden's days, those games would have ended in ties, thus Price has a few "fake" wins.

Yeah, I brought up the comment just to play a bit of devil's advocate. Interesting stuff!

The shootout stuff does skew things as well slightly, but it's all silly to debate really, Price is really good, all those goalies were really damn good!

edit: 2004 Nissan Altima for me. I like it, gets me around fine enough!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Holy shit I just ran the draft simulator 5 times:

Flyers, Hurricanes, BJs, Devils, Oilers

WTF!!!

Yotes, Leafs, Leafs, LEAFS, Flyers, .... Bruins

I'M SCARED

Also thanks for the feedback, given that I'm leasing "reliability" won't be too much of an issue most likely, since it's all within warranty anyway. I THINK I'll lease at least... :lol

Clydefrog

I have a 2007 Honda Fit. It's a great utility car however the suspension is starting to weaken and it's caused me to buy my third set of tires... after 74,000 miles. Not really happy about that.

I want a Tesla.

Samyy

I'm just glad to see at worst we fall to 5th every time basically. Feels good.

I feel like Marner or Strome is our destiny. I keep feeling like the Oilers will take Hanifin no matter what if he's there.

Actually some in Edmonton media, who are apparently fairly reputable, have stated Oilers are leaning Strome so Marner/Hanifin may be our destiny, which is fine too.
Really any of the 3 are fine, would be nice to get one of the centres (Marner/Strome) but we need help on defence as well.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nash and Zuccarello will be game time decisions tomorrow. Staal will not play, so Summers should be in again. Ryan Bourque will also be traveling with the team to Washington.

F-F-F-F-F-FINISH THEM

Mazda3
Ford Fiesta/Focus
Kia Rio/Forte
Chevy Cruze
VW Jetta/Golf
Honda Civic
Toyota Yaris/Corolla
Subaru Impreza
Scion tC

I bought a 2013 Elantra after my 93 Camry died one day driving over the Malahat. I chose it after seeing what other comparably sized cars would cost with the extras that I wanted.

So far I've put 70,000+ kms on it and haven't had any issues.

However if I were to go back 3 years and buy again, I'd get a Mitsubishi Lancer. I know nothing about the car other than the fact that I want one.

delta25

Banned
The problem with the canucks first round match up is if the flames beat us, it will be a really hard pill to swallow, now if it had been the kings, well, yep the kings beat us...again. Maybe next year.

But on that note, it's probably going to be the best series in this years playoffs.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
F-F-F-F-F-FINISH THEM

Mazda3
Ford Fiesta/Focus
Kia Rio/Forte
Chevy Cruze
VW Jetta/Golf
Honda Civic
Toyota Yaris/Corolla
Subaru Impreza
Scion tC

2003 Corolla. Nothing fancy, but it's been very reliable for me. 180,000 kilometers on it, only major thing I've had to do was replace the exhaust.

RC

Banned
The problem with the canucks first round match up is if the flames beat us, it will be a really hard pill to swallow, now if it had been the kings, well, yep the kings beat us...again. Maybe next year.

But on that note, it's probably going to be the best series in this years playoffs.

Losing to them in 2004 was a bitter pill to swallow. if only Bertuzzi wasn't such an idiot.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Plante also had multiple Hall of famers playing in front of him. Price has Emelin and Therriens garbage system.

Top Bottom