• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

zroid

Banned
So who do you want to miss the playoffs more, Bruins or Pens? Come on let's see those votes!

it's tough man

Bruins missing would be more cathartic for me as a Leafs fan

but Pens missing would result in far more #hottakes about Sid and god knows what else. the offseason media shitstorm would be way more entertaining.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOL

Kings are 9th in NHL's power ratings
Sens have points in 12/15 and are... 15th lol.
Canucks are 16th :lol
Pens are 7th loool

I'm pretty convinced every lottery is rigged and I'm not one for conspiracy.
image.php

O'Neill calling for the Pens to hire Carlyle

oh god please please please please Rutherford please

Johnston one-and-done? I think he deserves another chance, but how often can you blame it on injuries until you look at the team's core?

Is Crosby uncoachable?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
LOL

Kings are 9th in NHL's power ratings
Sens have points in 12/15 and are... 15th lol.
Canucks are 16th :lol
Pens are 7th loool
I was going to mention this earlier. I thought it was hilarious too.

Especially with this disclaimer: "All rankings, records and statistics are through the games played Thursday night."

ShaneB

Get home and see the Islanders up 1-0. Excellent. If the Pens miss the playoffs I'll tease my brother for a good while.

zroid

Banned
God damn. London is getting worked.

Erie up 5-0 after 40.

McJesus has FOUR goals.

and he had 4 points in the 1st game. fuck.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Islanders commentary has never heard of clipping as a penalty before. I know it's rare and all, but c'mon, guys. The rule was put in the books in the first place because of a play against the Islanders.

Quick

Banned
The Witcher 3, I can't fucking wait, it's the only new game I've been excited for in a while.

I played The Witcher 2 when it came out on the 360, and I was garbage at it. But it was awesome with just how good it looked at the exploration and choices.

Notably, I went inside a cave for a side mission to take out some goblins or something, and I died quick, vs. fighting this octopus thing and doing okay. The furthest I got to was a little bit after Flotsam.

I'm on the fence with Wild Hunt only because I was terrible with the gameplay, but then again, I might do better since it'll be on PS4 and a controller I'm more used to (barely used the 360 during last gen).

I played The Witcher 2 when it came out on the 360, and I was garbage at it. But it was awesome with just how good it looked at the exploration and choices.

Notably, I went inside a cave for a side mission to take out some goblins or something, and I died quick, vs. fighting this octopus thing and doing okay. The furthest I got to was a little bit after Flotsam.

I'm on the fence with Wild Hunt only because I was terrible with the gameplay, but then again, I might do better since it'll be on PS4 and a controller I'm more used to (barely used the 360 during last gen).

To be fair the combat in the first two games was fucking weird

eyeless

I am going to flip the fuck out if we blow it with McEichel.
shiiieeet, i thought you guys were finally in the clear for some reason
zDjHhwM.png

yeah, i can't even imagine, i've been hyperventilating about missing out on a top five pick but mceichel after all that tanking and probably feeling like it was in the bag for most of the season, i would die

I know what quest you're talking about, "Malena" it's actually one of the hardest parts as you die quickly when you get hit in the back by the nekkers. I beat the game on PC and 360 on the dark mode and yeah that part is a bitch, but if you keep rolling and take potions before hand it's doable. The second chapter after Flotsam is cool as you can end up in a totally different area with separate quest lines depending on your choice.

Witcher 2 feels like a hard Fable, Witcher 1 is really weird though.

Quick

Banned

It took a bit of getting used to, but I think it's just the matter of not being used to the 360 controls vs. PS3/PS4.

I know what quest you're talking about, "Malena" it's actually one of the hardest parts as you die quickly when you get hit in the back by the nekkers. I beat the game on PC and 360 on the dark mode and yeah that part is a bitch, but if you keep rolling and take potions before hand it's doable. The second chapter after Flotsam is cool as you can end up in a totally different area with separate quest lines depending on your choice.

Yeah, I liked that you end up branching off into completely different area depending on choice. I ended up going with Roche.

Funny you mentioned Fable, because I thought the first was pretty good (didn't finish it, but enjoyed it), the second was tedious as hell (got to about a quarter into it), and the third was okay (finished, didn't have the motivation to go through many of the side quests).

zroid

Banned
holy shit apparently both Domi and Marner are sitting out this game

that's... bad

it seems they both may have suffered head injuries at the hands of the Erie Goons

calder

I tried like three times to play Witcher 2, I just hated the combat so much I could never get past Flotsam. And the first half hour of the game is awful and does a horrible job of teaching you how to play, especially if you're trying to play it like the first game.

Ehlers leads the Q in playoff scoring, 20 points in 8 games. Can't wait till he's on the big club.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So now we have Canucks vs. Flames and Capitals vs. Islanders set. Home ice still TBD on the Caps-Isles series, though.

EDIT: Actually I guess the Flames can technically catch the Nucks too.

Top Bottom