• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Calamari41

41 > 38
SMH the season's not even over and you're already abandoning the desert hockey express to hop onto a bandwagon hey.

JDykZ2B.gif

Get ready for it, especially in a hopeful round 2

I'll give him a pass cause he lives in SoCal. Not for living in SoCal though, that's unforgivable.

Let's hear the negatives to living in SoCal, breh.

It's too bad the California sweep ruined their chances at 30th place, but the Canucks redeemed themselves with a terrible showing in Alberta to guarantee a pick no lower than 7th.

It's the first time since 2008 the Flames have finished above the Canucks in the standings.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't know about that. I need to hear Tabris' analysis of LA traffic compared to that of every other city on the continent before I can have an educated stance on this issue.

Donald Trump has a legitimate shot at running the country California is located in?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Larry Brooks said:
The concept floating around that the Rangers would be better off losing down the stretch in order to fall into the crossover wild-card spot and avoid a potential Pittsburgh-Washington divisional meat grinder in the first two rounds of the playoffs made its way into the room.

“I’ve heard people saying it; sure I have,” Rick Nash told The Post after the Rangers did indeed slip out of third place behind the Islanders and into that wild-card spot and a potential matchup with Florida by losing a 4-1 game to the Brooklyns at the Garden on Thursday. “It’s been out there.”

The Blueshirts could pretty much pick the Panthers as a first-round opponent by pulling an intentional no-show against the Red Wings — a regulation defeat would leave the Islanders needing one point over their final two games to lock up third place — but that’s not in the team’s DNA.

“You start thinking that way and it would be horrible hockey karma,” Marc Staal said. “The first round is the toughest no matter what. It’s always a battle to get through it.

“We’re not picking an opponent.”
Mmhmm.

While we're busy clearly not taking it easy and shutting it down for the regular season, Ryan McDonagh (well, ok, he has a broken hand), Dan Girardi, Mats Zuccarello, and Viktor Stalberg are all not at practice.

Man seeing all this #Tank4Florida stuff on the Twitter is getting me fired up for the playoffs. I want to keep my expectations low with all the young guys' 1st postseason but damn if people think the Cats are an "easy" matchup, they will be surprised.

Man seeing all this #Tank4Florida stuff on the Twitter is getting me fired up for the playoffs. I want to keep my expectations low with all the young guys' 1st postseason but damn if people think the Cats are an "easy" matchup, they will be surprised.

Jagr alone doesn't make the Cats young lol

Barkov is crazy good. I think the Comparisons of a young Anze Kopitar are correct.

zroid

Banned

Don't think many people believe they'll be easy, but you have to admit Pittsburgh and Washington is pretty fucking scary :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Out tomorrow:

McDonagh
Girardi
Zuccarello (who had played in all 81 previous games)
Stalberg
Lundqvist

Go fuck yourselves, Islanders.

How's his two way game I don't watch many Florida games

Absolutely stellar. Kid isn't even 21 yet. I think we're going to see Panthers in the playoffs more often in the coming years. They have a Stud Defenceman in Ekblad, Stud Winger in Huberdeau and a Legendary Goalie that will definitely be in the HOF in Bobby Luu.

I'm fully on the Panthers Bandwagon this year.

Top Bottom