• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question for Habs' fans and/or Meta...

We're facing the Habs assuredly, or no?

Looking at it, hypothetically if the BJ's lose their next 3 and we win our next 3 (not in a SO) we're even in points and row, and then it's down to our head to head?

What would let us take the third Metro spot? Someone explain pls!

I got this.
There's technically like a 0.00001% chance the Rangers could climb into 3rd place in the Metro still. Here's the exact set of circumstances that would cause that to happen:

1) The Rangers go 3-0-0 in their final three games
2) All of those wins are in regulation or overtime.
3) They win those games with an average margin of victory of at least +3 per game.
4) The Blue Jackets go 0-4-0 in their final four games.
5) They lose those games with an average margin of loss of at least -3 per game.

If all of that pans out, then the Rangers and Blue Jackets would both end with 106 points and 47 ROW. Their season series had an odd number of games, so the first game in the arena with the extra home game is thrown out, leaving the teams 2-2 against each other on the season, earning 4 points each. That leaves it down to goal differential, where Columbus currently has a +20 lead over the Rangers. If the margin of victory/defeat in each of those 7 games that remain is 3, that is a 21 point swing in goal differential in the Rangers' favor, giving them third place in the Metropolitan Division.

Suffice it to say, this is not happening, so yes, Rangers-Habs is locked. :D
Since that post, Columbus did lose a game, in regulation, by 3 goals. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Emelin goes for a guy at the opposing blue line, misses, 2 on 1 against ensues.

Emelins career in a nutshell.

Yawnier

Banned
Who's gonna do the Offseason thread? Can't count on Leafs fans to do it this time

I went back and looked at who made some of the off-season threads in seasons past and you definitely aren't wrong

Manics (RIP) made a few of them and he isn't here anymore so.....

Quick

Banned
Leafs fans normally have it up by January

giphy.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
a lot of games for leafs fans to cheer for tomorrow

toronto win
ottawa win
pittsburgh win
carolina win
winnipeg win

Stasis

I got this.

Since that post, Columbus did lose a game, in regulation, by 3 goals. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just returning to say I <3 you. I'll be back during the playoffs to stand by your side and suffer alongside you =)

I am going to be bombarded by people during this series. The revenge of Price. Oh man. This is when all of the people I never talk to crawl out of the wood work and go to town.

My gf's co-workers' bfs, her father, random Quebec family members, old friends etc. FUN TIMES.

I wonder if Letang will retire soon, he's had a lot of head/neck injuries. Hope he doesn't become stupid like Dupuis and play way past what is safe.

At least I was able to pick up some KBS today to offset the loss.

Stasis

I wonder if Letang will retire soon, he's had a lot of head/neck injuries. Hope he doesn't become stupid like Dupuis and play way past what is safe.

At least I was able to pick up some KBS today to offset the loss.

Yeah it's kind of crazy how many bad ones he's had. Shame.

Socreges

Banned
Someone very close to me started dating this guy a few months back. Good dude. Just learned today that he's transgender (and has been for many years). Fully support that and both of them. But it first comes as a bit of a shock... and then is difficult to process. Haven't ever known anyone personally with that history, so far as I know. First instinct is to ask a lot of questions, but some of them would probably be rude.

What I know for sure is that my stance/support on transgender issues just hardened a lot. And the next time I see him I'll be hyper-sensitive to appearing normal because he'll know that I now know. &#128531;

Quick

Banned
Someone very close to me started dating this guy a few months back. Good dude. Just learned today that he's transgender (and has been for many years). Fully support that and both of them. But it first comes as a bit of a shock... and then is difficult to process. Haven't ever known anyone personally with that history, so far as I know. First instinct is to ask a lot of questions, but some of them would probably be rude.

What I know for sure is that my stance/support on transgender issues just hardened a lot. And the next time I see him I'll be hyper-sensitive to appearing normal because he'll know that I now know. &#55357;&#56851;

You're a good guy, Soc. I'm sure it all comes from a positive place, with how you're concerned about him knowing that you know lol.

I don't know anyone confirmed to be transgender, but I think an old acquaintance from high school transitioned to a woman. I saw pictures on Facebook of a woman that strongly resembles him from my memory, but I couldn't fully confirm since she looked a bit different (other than the obvious). The other big identifier was she was hanging out with three of the same friends he's had since high school.

Marvie_3

Banned

What I know for sure is that my stance/support on transgender issues just hardened a lot. And the next time I see him I'll be hyper-sensitive to appearing normal because he'll know that I now know. &#128531;
Just dont overthink it?

Or get high. Thats helped me through a few social situations where I was worried about awkwardness.

Quick

Banned
Speaking of awkwardness, I'm trying to figure out a way to see if a friend's friend is single, and if she maybe has any interest in me.

I don't know if we're cool enough that I can just say "hey, is your friend single?" or if I have to twist around that.

And my only indicator that there's maybe something is that her friend finds me funny. My friend's mentioned this to me a couple of times. Not really sure if that's anything to go on with lol.

Marvie_3

Banned
Speaking of awkwardness, I'm trying to figure out a way to see if a friend's friend is single, and if she maybe has any interest in me.

I don't know if we're cool enough that I can just say "hey, is your friend single?" or if I have to twist around that.

And my only indicator that there's maybe something is that her friend finds me funny. My friend's mentioned this to me a couple of times. Not really sure if that's anything to go on with lol.
Just ask. It'll save the trouble of needing to make a gaf thread about it later.

Quick

Banned
Seriously though, if the person you're asking is your friend, then asking a simple question shouldn't be a big deal.

Yeah, I figured. I just don't want to be awkward about it, really. I was thinking of just working it into a conversation, but that's too much work for something that's ultimately really simple.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm surprised it took 13 years and 25 straight wins before the crowd decided it was a good enough thing to chant about.

To be fair, Calgary is very forgettable. I already forgot we played a game against them two days ago.

li-suncor620-cp01321982.jpg

The Jewel of Western Canada.

This is a picture of their arts district downtown.

Top Bottom