• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC

Banned
lol selanne

tumblr_lrl5pkOSUm1qa3rcio1_500.jpg

"Do you really have to give us penalty? I will be disappointed, though. You want Teemu to be upset?"

I really hope he's got one more good year left in him.

Puddles

Banned
Mike Smith has really come through for Phoenix in the final stretch.

I also have him on my fantasy team, so there's that.

I pity the team that has to face the Coyotes in the first round.

Acid08

Banned
Mike Smith has really come through for Phoenix in the final stretch.

I also have him on my fantasy team, so there's that.

I pity the team that has to face the Coyotes in the first round.

If they make it they'll lose in the first round as per usual.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
lol Edler like a boss and Lapierre... wtf? He nearly lost the puck and then SOMEHOW got it in. random. I'll take it!

Leeness

omg lol Luongo.

"It's his 33rd birthday today, and he's booed off the ice"

Poor muffin. Happy birthday you unfortunate goalie.

hao chi

54 saves for Smith. Against Columbus. Phoenix allowed 54 shots on net from Columbus. They only had 22 of their own.

The Coyotes have a weird tendency of playing great against good teams, and playing like absolute shitheads against bottom feeders.

Smith was amazing and Gordon had a great game (GWG plus two huge shot blocks on the PK). The rest of the team should be embarrassed, especially Morris (3 minors in one game? GTFO my team plz)

Smith gets a 54 save regulation shutout. Even more surprising is that it was against Columbus. I'm sure the 7 powerplays vs. 1 for the Yotes helped, but hot damn that's a lot of shots.

ZeroGravity

Smith gets a 54 save regulation shutout. Even more surprising is that it was against Columbus. I'm sure the 7 powerplays vs. 1 for the Yotes helped, but hot damn that's a lot of shots.
Good for him. From the sounds of it, working with Sean Burke has done him a world of good. Tampa's goaltending coach is shit (both he and Dwayne Roloson have basically come out and said so this year, without actually saying so) and that was probably part of the reason he never succeeded here.

Dropping Dwayne Roloson for Mike Smith in my Yahoo pool was literally the greatest move I've ever made in a hockey pool.

Even better than trading Sundin for Cheechoo after Sundin got injured on the first game of the season way back when and Cheechoo decided to score 56 goals.

Dropping Dwayne Roloson for Mike Smith in my Yahoo pool was literally the greatest move I've ever made in a hockey pool.

Even better than trading Sundin for Cheechoo after Sundin got injured on the first game of the season way back when and Cheechoo decided to score 56 goals.

Fuck. you should be an NHL GM

Puddles

Banned

I dropped Lehtonen for Smith.

He is single-handedly winning me my league. Three shutouts in the fantasy playoffs. My other two goalies are Elliot and Schneider, who have also really come through.

3:39 is gold. I wonder if getting citizens together to write letters that, in effect, beg the NHL that "hey, we're good for it, we'll pay ya later. Cool?" is the most idiotic thing I've heard.

Marvie_3

Banned
3:39 is gold. I wonder if getting citizens together to write letters that, in effect, beg the NHL that "hey, we're good for it, we'll pay ya later. Cool?" is the most idiotic thing I've heard.
I've seen so many of these things over the last couple years but it still amazes me that these people are on their city council. They have zero idea about what they're doing when it comes to anything.

They see Bettman on TV saying that the NHL is committed to keeping the Coyotes in Phoenix, and the council members think they have the NHL by the balls, or at the very least they think have more leverage than they actually have.

Marvie_3

Banned
They see Bettman on TV saying that the NHL is committed to keeping the Coyotes in Phoenix, and the council members think they have the NHL by the balls, or at the very least they think have more leverage than they actually have.
Truth is the opposite of all that too. They have ZERO leverage.

Fei

Holy shit at that Glendale Committee link. At this point it looks like politicians positioning themselves to not take the blame for the team's losses being paid for by the city. The Coyotes are gone. If any city is at all ready to take them, they're gone. I know that's been said for awhile around here, but I think it's finally hit me after watching that.

Marvie_3

Banned
Holy shit at that Glendale Committee link. At this point it looks like politicians positioning themselves to not take the blame for the team's losses being paid for by the city. The Coyotes are gone. If any city is at all ready to take them, they're gone.
That's exactly what they're doing. Half the council, including Mayor Scruggs, aren't running for election again this year. I'm guessing taxpayers have gotten in their ears quite a bit and they're just trying to save face.

So who's taking the Coyotes? Quebec or Seattle?

Quebec obviously makes the most sense, but I can't see Bettman being at all happy about moving two US franchises back into Canada two years running.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So who's taking the Coyotes? Quebec or Seattle?

Quebec obviously makes the most sense, but I can't see Bettman being at all happy about moving two US franchises back into Canada two years running.

I can't see Seattle taking them this summer though... Personally I'd prefer Seattle (because US northwest needs a team AND because it'd be close to Vancouver), but I just don't see it happening this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom