• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Luongo starts games, Schneider wins them.

PbKuP.jpg

Ah ha ha ha I bursted out laughing when I saw that.

Say what?
That organization literally has no money to run on right now. It may not even be able to afford a roster next season, while it's probably very unlikely, a new ownership group could buy it and pull it to a new city. It's more like than Columbus moving, because I think the Blue Jackets have locked in a long term deal with the city.

Marvie_3

Banned
Psssh, Columbus isn't going to move anytime soon. Islanders and Devils will move before they do.
Islanders will never leave New York.
That organization literally has no money to run on right now. It may not even be able to afford a roster next season, while it's probably very unlikely, a new ownership group could buy it and pull it to a new city. It's more like than Columbus moving, because I think the Blue Jackets have locked in a long term deal with the city.
The Devils will probably end up in bankruptcy this offseason but that doesn't mean they're moving anywhere. The only reason they're in this mess is because one of their owners has been trying to sell and didn't pay anything towards debts owed by the team.

Phoenix also had a long term lease but we see how well those hold up. Columbus will end up somewhere else eventually.

Islanders will never leave New York.

The Devils will probably end up in bankruptcy this offseason but that doesn't mean they're moving anywhere. The only reason they're in this mess is because one of their owners has been trying to sell and didn't pay anything towards debts owed by the team.

Phoenix also had a long term lease but we see how well those hold up. Columbus will end up somewhere else eventually.
Columbus had decent attendance in the past. I'd wait and see what new management and a better team would do for attendance. I don't think it's anywhere as bad as Phoenix where they've got a decent team and are still absolute shit in terms of attendance.

142392862-430x296.jpg

Is that who I think it is?

Yep. He had dinner with Boudreau the night before and admitted that because Bruce used to put baby powder on his stick, Gretzky started doing it.

He also said that he always thought one of his greatest achievements was beating Boudreaus OHL record.

Marvie_3

Banned
Columbus had decent attendance in the past. I'd wait and see what new management and a better team would do for attendance. I don't think it's anywhere as bad as Phoenix where they've got a decent team and are still absolute shit in terms of attendance.

Obviously they're nowhere near as bad as Phoenix but they're still in bad shape. Redoing the lease will help with their losses but they need a lot more help than that. They won't be moving anytime soon but they need to have some long term success if they are going to stay in Columbus. Ohio State sports are always going to be the king of that town and with the new Big Ten college hockey conference, it could draw quite a bit of the hockey audience away from the Blue Jackets.

Revenant

Obviously they're nowhere near as bad as Phoenix but they're still in bad shape. Redoing the lease will help with their losses but they need a lot more help than that. They won't be moving anytime soon but they need to have some long term success if they are going to stay in Columbus. Ohio State sports are always going to be the king of that town and with the new Big Ten college hockey conference, it could draw quite a bit of the hockey audience away from the Blue Jackets.

at this point the Blue Jackets should have to play the Buckeyes a few time just to sell seats...

Puddles

Banned
Two games with the Sharks that can basically determine everything. Goddamn, I really did not think that the Kings would be fighting for a playoff spot at this point.

True story: the Kings have not scored six goals in a game this year. They've scored five goals eight times.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Happy to see Lapierre doing well with his first line minutes, I was upset when he left, still would love to have him. Perfect role player.

I'm sorry, I was too busy being at the game. SUCK IT DASTARDLY. WHOOOO!!!!!

I know right :( I feel so bad that you won in a shootout to a team that had nothing left to play for and a coach who was more focused on what next seasons roster should look like than actually winning the game.

Were you close enough to the bench to hear AV say "Hey guys, turns out we can't play our system cos our starting goaltender sucks, better play run and gun on this 4 line mixture of 3rd and 4th liners!" after Lu got pulled?

Solo

Must-lose game for the Habs tonight. Christ I can't wait for this season to end so I can stop begging for losses. Most pathetic season Ive ever had as a fan. Never again!

El Tigre

Must-lose game for the Habs tonight. Christ I can't wait for this season to end so I can stop begging for losses. Most pathetic season Ive ever had as a fan. Never again!
Fuck that. We need you to win out and we need to lose out.
Result :
MTL:79 pts
TOR:78 pts

Solo

Fuck that. We need you to win out and we need to lose out.
Result :
MTL:79 pts
TOR:78 pts

I'd win $100 from a friend if that were to happen.

I either pay $100 and Habs get a better draft pick or make $100 and Habs get a worse draft pick.

Am I the only one or are the canucks the least likeable nhl team? It's like their team is just full of trolls and a bunch cocky / arrogant fucks?

There's a reason people really want them to get creamed in the playoffs. Including me. Hell, I think canadians have a more likeable team and I hate canadians.

The canucks just have a bunch of self arrogant / cocky superstars that think they're all that.

Lol, get bounced canucks and that will make the playoff threads so much better, I will probably feel bad for all the fans of the other teams in here that are in the playoffs because you will be chased out by canucks fans. But at least, when they are bounced, it will be a bit more tolerable.

----

@ sabres gaf,

Last night was a hell of game. A lot of fun and I'm glad you guys got the win instead of us. Go sabres go, get to the playoffs, make it! I don't know who to cheer for in the playoffs, really. I don't really like any one team but Buffalo would be awesome to cheer for. Oh yeah, well any team that faces Vancouver, I'm going for that team, duh! Would love to see them tears from Kesler again. :p

Cheering for Pittsburgh won't be too bad as well, but nah, Buffalo!

OnPoint

---

@ sabres gaf,

Last night was a hell of game. A lot of fun and I'm glad you guys got the win instead of us. Go sabres go, get to the playoffs, make it! I don't know who to cheer for in the playoffs, really. I don't really like any one team but Buffalo would be awesome to cheer for. Oh yeah, well any team that faces Vancouver, I'm going for that team, duh! Would love to see them tears from Kesler again. :p

Cheering for Pittsburgh won't be too bad as well, but nah, Buffalo!

* hi five * That game was insane!

We need a TON of help, but it would be really nice to make it in.

Cake Boss

Banned
I got an awesome idea for the Phoenix situation.

Let whichever group that wants to buy it and take to Quebec, for next season take the team to the Colisée Pepsi arena which is the old arena of the Nordiques and currently the arena for the Ramparts, it seats about just over 15000 so its about the same as the Jets arena, use that arena for the single season until that the new arena is ready.

It only takes 15000 people, but its better than only filling an arena of 6000 for $20 ticket prices in the middle of the desert.

I got an awesome idea for the Phoenix situation.

Let whichever group that wants to buy it and take to Quebec, for next season take the team to the Colisée Pepsi arena which is the old arena of the Nordiques and currently the arena for the Ramparts, it seats about just over 15000 so its about the same as the Jets arena, use that arena for the single season until that the new arena is ready.

It only takes 15000 people, but its better than only filling an arena of 6000 for $20 ticket prices in the middle of the desert.

And that's what going to happen, despite what Bettman is saying publicly . Just like the Thrashers, there's nowhere else to go right now but back to Canada.

nasero

Glad to see Nathan Horton is skating again but the last thing I want him to do is pull a Savard and try to rush into the playoffs.

UberTag

Glad to see Nathan Horton is skating again but the last thing I want him to do is pull a Savard and try to rush into the playoffs.
Thankfully the Bruins have enough offensive depth to take it easy with Horton.
Shouldn't be a need to overwhelm him with lots of shifts even with a likely opening round matchup against the Senators.

This team. This motherfucking team. IT'S RIGHT THERE FOR YOU, FUCKING TAKE IT.
Still can't believe that was a loss. The offense was there it was finally there. Then Theo shits the bed royally. Writster from the circle with no screen? Any other day of the season, glove save easy. Last night a goal. Out of position on the power play and another.. Then hope with the flash breakaway, he was alone all fucking alone. He was at the bottom of the circle and the Jets were at the blue-line. Then goes for the backhand which he can't lift. Clemmen should've started the third but damn what heartbreaker.

Rangers account for 17% of all Flyers losses this year. That includes regular and SO/OT losses. When you factor in that the Flyers have just 25 regulation losses, and 6 of them to the Rangers, and only 2 OT losses (the rest are from stupid shootouts), Rangers account for over 20% of games the Flyers actually just flat out lost all year.

It's like Kryptonite.

EDIT: With that said, it actually makes me feel better about a playoff series against just about anyone else in the league. Rangers are a good team AND a bad matchup. Everyone else I think is a 50/50 matchup at worst. Sssssooooo basically..... GO CAPS/SABRES!

Cake Boss

Banned
Also Marcus Motherfucking Foligno, just watched the highlights, this guy is a motherfucking beast, quickly becoming one of my favorites. I cant believe we passed up on him in the 4th round when we had his brother playing with us already, 4 picks later Buffalo picks him up. He looks like a better skater, bigger and actually uses his teammates unlike his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom