• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So that locks the Hawks at 6 right?

Yes.

Even if Chicago wins, they'll have the same amount of points and the same amount of wins in regulation or overtime. The next tiebreaker is overall wins, which Detroit has the edge.

Chicago is locked in at 6.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just looked it up, if Chicago wins Saturday in regulation they have same points and same ROW, who won the season series between you two?

Doesn't it go to the next tiebreaker--overall wins?

Chicago has 6 more OT losses than Detroit.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yes.

Even if Chicago wins, they'll have the same amount of points and the same amount of wins in regulation or overtime. The next tiebreaker is overall wins, which Detroit has the edge.

Chicago is locked in at 6.
No it isn't. It's head to head matchups(most points in the season series) which Chicago is leading. If Chicago wins in regulation they're the 5th seed.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
If Hawks beat Wings in regulation Saturday, it'll be (4) Nash vs. (5) Chi. If Wings get 1 point Saturday, it'll be (4) Nash vs. (5) Detroit. If Wings get 2 points Saturday and Nash loses regulation, it'll be (4) Det vs. (5) Nash

MARTY CHINN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yup, I just checked, we win the tie breaker with overall wins... Ugh, well go Wings on Saturday I guess now, not like it matters if the Preds end up with at least a point in their next game, they clinch 4th. Dang it Detroit, can't even tank to 6th properly.

See above.

Plinko

Wow--I'm stunned they count loser points on the same level as overall wins. That's ludicrous.

Edit: They even put plus/minus above that? Wow.

Mitchell hit didn't look too bad until the replay when it looks like his head nearly came off. Followed up with Green in panic mode during that fight.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Who the fuck is waving a baby doll behind the Canucks penalty bench, it's creepy as hell. Anyone else caught that?!?

Acid08

Banned
Shots are 18-3 Kings.

Lucky it's not 3-0 right now. Which is weird because no bounces are happening for us right now, Kings are working hard and making their own luck.

I can't wait until Toews is back... hopefully he can bring in some killer instinct the team will need to move through the playoffs.

Fucking Hawks and giving the game away today...

Marvie_3

Banned

iAVZF2q3QHLpg.gif

I can't wait until Toews is back... hopefully he can bring in some killer instinct the team will need to move through the playoffs.

Fucking Hawks and giving the game away today...

They already clinched a playoff spot so it doesn't matter. Not really surprised they didn't bring their "A" game.

Acid08

Banned
Super cool cross check to the back there.

Well not really cross check but a shitty hit to the back, really hope Couture is okay.

Why the fuck would you even willingly take those penalties? What the fuck guys. I'm done. Can't wait for this same shit to happen next year. Self destructive bullshit.

Revenant

A bit overboard on the call there, I see that as 2 minutes, but don't hit someone from behind and you don't have to worry about it.

Puddles

Banned
It is so fucking stupid that this is a tied game.

It is even fucking stupider that the Sharks will have over 4 minutes to make it a 2-1 game when the 2nd period starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom