• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Also Orpik's hit was not dirty in the sense that he did not intentionally try to knee Stepan. Stepan made a move to get around Orpik and Orpik went in with the shoulder. It's Sepan's move that put him in the position for knee contact not Orpik sticking out his knee trying to injure him. If Stepan does not try to drag his right leg around Orpik there is no knee to knee. It's a fast game, was Orpik supposed to dance out of the way after he had his feet planted ready for an open ice hit? Every time there is a knee to knee everyone assumes it has to be dirty.
Watch it again then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf8hutvso_g#t=53s

Watch Orpik's right leg. Watch Stepan's right leg.

Orpik didn't set out to get him with the knee. He was going in for the big body check and when Stepan deked left, Orpik made a split-second decision to catch him anyway he could by steering his leg right and sticking out his knee. It was deliberate and dirty, but I'm sure he immediately regretted it. Dirty doesn't have to mean premeditated. Just means it wasn't 'clean'.

Alucard

Banned
Tortorella gets fined 20k, and Orpik walks away.

photo.JPG

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Man the Cats vs Canes game has some tickets going for $500 and is nearly sold out. Usually it's 300 tops. This is what the Cats need. Now for that division we held nearly all year.

Edit: Oh shit Nick Bjugstad just signed with the Panthers for 3 years. HYPE!

That's awesome. Please win the division on home ice, give the fans something to go crazy for.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Perfect example of what I'm talking about. Sef's team finally has a little bit of success and he gets cocky. Don't worry, you'll lose again, and probably in the first round as usual. Last year was a fluke.
wait, i said something cocky?

im glad your boys slipped into the playoffs though, just in time for you to show up in the thread

Socreges

Banned
I'm glad I'm not the only one sick of sef's arrogance. Ever since the Preds eliminated the Stars he's been running around acting like he invented hockey

SpacLock

Watch it again then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf8hutvso_g#t=53s

Watch Orpik's right leg. Watch Stepan's right leg.

Orpik didn't set out to get him with the knee. He was going in for the big body check and when Stepan deked left, Orpik made a split-second decision to catch him anyway he could by steering his leg right and sticking out his knee. It was deliberate and dirty, but I'm sure he immediately regretted it. Dirty doesn't have to mean premeditated. Just means it wasn't 'clean'.

Nah, he would have some leeway with his leg if it wasn't purposeful. His leg would have flailed just like Stepan's if it wasn't somewhat intentional. That's my opinion. It was purposeful and he should be suspended. Fuck him.

Solo

There's a new interview with Kirk Muller where he says he wanted to stay with the Habs and would have coached in Hamilton, but the Habs didn't offer him anything, as he didn't fit in with Gainey/Gauthier/Martin's "vision".

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Laviolette tries to kill Bylsma, $10,000 fine. Tortorella calls Bylsma and the Penguins names... double the amount.

So what can we take from this?

Name calling is worse than attempted murder.

How much did Renney get for that "the league wants Hollywood in the playoffs" comment? $10,000? Torts got $30,000 for saying something like that after the Winter Classic. So basically, cursing out the Penguins is almost as bad as, or (depending on the strength of the comment) worse than insulting officiating.

Stet

Banned
YOUR TEAM ISN'T IN THE PLAYOFFS. SUCK IT!
No one cares about your cups from before I was born

So his team and your team have the same number of cups since you were born?

I know that the Leafs haven't been in the playoffs since you were born, Tabris, but that doesn't excuse a dumb comparison.

Cake Boss

Banned
The douche deserves to be fined for whining like a bitch. Before he opens his mouth and starts whining about the Pens he should take a look at himself in the mirror and keep his mouth shut. Crosby/Malkin had nothing to do with Orpik's hit but Tortorella is known for getting butt hurt after losses that he decided to throw his little girl tantrum and start crying about random shit.

Also Orpik's hit was not dirty in the sense that he did not intentionally try to knee Stepan. Stepan made a move to get around Orpik and Orpik went in with the shoulder. It's Sepan's move that put him in the position for knee contact not Orpik sticking out his knee trying to injure him. If Stepan does not try to drag his right leg around Orpik there is no knee to knee. It's a fast game, was Orpik supposed to dance out of the way after he had his feet planted ready for an open ice hit? Every time there is a knee to knee everyone assumes it has to be dirty.

The homer glasses are strong with this one.

Orpik hit was dirty because it was already a 4-1 game abd in the last minutes of the game he tries an open ice hit, he misses and knows hes going to get beat so he sticks his knee out, this is the second time he did it this year.

Yeah all these teams that are calling out the organization are jusy whining bitches and the Pens are a class organization with some very fair players who play within the rules.

Ok there buddy, I havent seen this much homerism in a long time.

Can't wait for today's Flyers/Pens game. Time to beat them at home...again.

Game doesn't really mean much, but it would be nice if the flyers could roll in there and get another win on their ice, only to help boost their away confidence going into that building for the playoffs.

hubes

Can't wait for today's Flyers/Pens game. Time to beat them at home...again.

Game doesn't really mean much, but it would be nice if the flyers could roll in there and get another win on their ice, only to help boost their away confidence going into that building for the playoffs.

Yeah I actually think the penguins will try their hardest to beat us at Wells Fargo Center West today so they dont have to answer the "the flyers have never lost in this building" questions.

Also there's already a whole lot of Philly fans in Pittsburgh for the Phillies/pirates so there will probably be a more than usual amount of flyers fans in attendance. Things could get ugly on the ice and in the stands.

Socreges

Banned
Nah, he would have some leeway with his leg if it wasn't purposeful. His leg would have flailed just like Stepan's if it wasn't somewhat intentional. That's my opinion. It was purposeful and he should be suspended. Fuck him.
In what part are you disagreeing with what I've said? I said it was deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom