• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're just not cocky like some other team fans are. We hope for the best, but expect the worst. We know what's happened in the past and accept it.

Oh. Vancouver fans? They are the worst. Just wait till the playoffs start, thread will be full of them. Oh god.

San Jose, Los Angeles or Phoenix. Please do nhl-gaf a favour and eliminate these fucks and that way; the threads will be more readable and wouldn't be infested with cocky / arrogant Vancouver fans.

RC

Banned
Oh. Vancouver fans? They are the worst. Just wait till the playoffs start, thread will be full of them. Oh god.

San Jose, Los Angeles or Phoenix. Please do nhl-gaf a favour and eliminate these fucks and that way; the threads will be more readable and wouldn't be infested with cocky / arrogant Vancouver fans.

Your saltiness knows no bounds.

Negativity FTW!!

I'd like to see a team get their first cup this year so I suppose I'm gonna be rooting for the Sharks. Though it'd be more amazing if the Yotes walked away with it and then ended up in Quebec next season for their troubles. But that won't happen. And to hell with the sisters and Tabris.

GO FORMER AVALANCHE PLAYERS DANIEL WINNIK AND TJ GALIARDI.

And to a lesser extent, the rest of the Sharks.

Edit: Oh.. forgot to mention the cats. :/ Yeah.

Edit 2: Oh and the Preds.

ZeroGravity

I'd like to see a team get their first cup this year so I suppose I'm gonna be rooting for the Sharks. Though it'd be more amazing if the Yotes walked away with it and then ended up in Quebec next season for their troubles.
How awkward that would be, having to raise your Stanley Cup banner in a city you didn't even play in the year before.

I think we all need to forget about our own teams and just cheer for Phoenix to win the Stanley Cup. All of NHL-GAF will be united in our quest to get Phoenix their first and last Stanley Cup before Quebec takes them over.

I feel like the Canucks are better prepared for the playoffs this year. Not sure if they make it as far because there is a lot of luck involved in having a long run.

At least we have a reason to be posting in playoff threads.

GO BLUE JAYS GO.

I feel like the Canucks are better prepared for the playoffs this year. Not sure if they make it as far because there is a lot of luck involved in having a long run.
Our biggest problem last year was that we barely had any forwards depth, we only had 3 real centers on the roster and our 4th line was atrocious at best. This year we have way more forwards, and better quality too, we've got double the amount of centers and our 4th can actually play 10+ minutes a night.

I think we're in a much better position to win it all, but you're right, so much of playoffs is just about dumb luck. All the roste depth is meaningless if the puck isn't bouncing your way. Been plenty of times when one team dominates, but loses the game because of bad bounces both ways.

Man the Cats vs Canes game has some tickets going for $500 and is nearly sold out. Usually it's 300 tops. This is what the Cats need. Now for that division we held nearly all year.

Edit: Oh shit Nick Bjugstad just signed with the Panthers for 3 years. HYPE!

Mii

Banned
Seems like last night at 3am I forgot the option of 1 regulation win 1 regulation loss. Changes the numbers slightly but Phoenix was still favored per total outcomes possible.

Season record vs each other: Kings 8 points vs Phoenix 7 points
Season record vs each other: Phoenix 9 points vs Sharks 4 points

Kings Win in regulation (96 points, 35 ROW), Sharks lose (94 points, 33 ROW)
2 Phoenix regulation/OT wins (97 points 36 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, LA 7th, SJ 8th
1 regulation/OT win 1 SO win (97 points 35 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, , LA 7th, SJ 8th
1 regulation/OT win 1 OT/SO loss (96 points, 35 ROW) - Kings Division Win, PHX 7th, SJ 8th
1 regulation/OT win 1 regulation loss (95 points, 35 ROW) - Kings Division Win, PHX 7th, SJ 8th
1 SO Win, 1 OT/SO loss (96 points, 34 ROW) - Kings Division Win, PHX 7th, SJ 8th
2 OT/SO losses (95 points, 34 ROW) - Kings Division Win, PHX 7th, SJ 8th
1 regulation loss, 1 OT/SO loss (94 points, 34 ROW) - Kings Division Win, PHX 7th, SJ 8th
2 regulation losses (93 points, 34 ROW) - Kings Division Win, SJ 7th, PHX 8th

Kings Win in OT (96 points, 35 ROW), Sharks lose (95 points, 33 ROW)
2 Phoenix regulation/OT wins (97 points 36 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, LA 7th, SJ 8th
1 regulation/OT win 1 SO win (97 points 35 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, LA 7th, SJ 8th
1 regulation/OT win 1 OT/SO loss (96 points, 35 ROW) - Kings Division Win, LA 7th, SJ 8th
1 regulation/OT win 1 regulation loss (95 points, 35 ROW) - Kings Division Win, PHX 7th, SJ 8th
1 SO Win, 1 OT/SO loss (96 points, 34 ROW) - Kings Division Win, PHX 7th, SJ 8th
1 regulation loss, 1 OT/SO loss (94 points, 34 ROW) - Kings Division Win, SJ 7th, PHX 8th

Kings Win in SO (96 points, 34 ROW), Sharks lose (95 points, 33 ROW)
1 regulation/OT win 1 SO win (97 points 35 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, LA 7th, SJ 8t
1 regulation/OT win 1 OT/SO loss (96 points, 35 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, LA 7th, SJ 8th
1 regulation loss, 1 OT/SO loss (94 points, 34 ROW) - Kings Division Win, SJ 7th, PHX 8th

Sharks Win in Regulation (96 points, 34 ROW), LA loses (94 points, 34 ROW)
2 Phoenix regulation/OT wins (97 points 36 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, SJ 7th, LA 8th
1 regulation/OT win 1 SO win (97 points 35 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, SJ 7th, LA 8th
1 regulation/OT win 1 OT/SO loss (96 points, 35 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win
1 regulation/OT win 1 regulation loss (95 points, 35 ROW) - Sharks Division Win, PHX 7th, LA 8th
1 SO Win, 1 OT/SO loss (96 points, 34 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win
2 OT/SO losses (95 points, 34 ROW) - Sharks Division Win, PHX 7th, LA 8th
1 regulation loss, 1 OT/SO loss (94 points, 34 ROW) - Sharks Division Win, LA 7th, PHX 8th
2 regulation losses (93 points, 34 ROW) - Sharks Division Win, LA 7th, PHX 8th

Sharks Win in OT (96 points, 34 ROW), LA loses (95 points, 34 ROW)
2 Phoenix regulation/OT wins (97 points 36 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, SJ 7th, LA 8th
1 regulation/OT win 1 SO win (97 points 35 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, SJ 7th, LA 8th
1 regulation/OT win 1 OT/SO loss (96 points, 35 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, SJ 7th, LA 8th
1 regulation/OT win 1 regulation loss (95 points, 35 ROW) - Sharks Division Win, PHX 7th, LA 8th
1 SO Win, 1 OT/SO loss (96 points, 34 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, SJ 7th, LA 8th
2 OT/SO losses (95 points, 34 ROW) - Sharks Division Win, LA 7th, PHX 8th
1 regulation loss, 1 OT/SO loss (94 points, 34 ROW) - Sharks Division Win, LA 7th, PHX 8th

Sharks Win in SO (96 points, 33 ROW), LA loses (95 points, 34 ROW)
1 regulation/OT win 1 OT/SO loss (96 points, 35 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, SJ 7th, LA 8th
1 SO Win, 1 OT/SO loss (96 points, 34 ROW) - Phoenix Division Win, SJ 7th, LA 8th
2 OT/SO losses (95 points, 34 ROW) - Sharks Division Win, LA 7th, PHX 8th

Assuming all instances above have equal potential of occurrence:
24 total outcomes remaining
3 instances of Sharks Division win
5 instances of Kings Division win
16 instances of Phoenix Division win

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tomorrow we are all Leafs! I'm actually surprised with how well the tank has gone, I figured we would have ended up with the 6th or 7th pick.

Especially when you consider they've had a ton of players called up to play for Tampa during the streak because of how many injuries the Lightning have had. It basically defies all logic how they've managed to keep winning.

My memory of going to an Admirals game while I lived in VA was an own goal. Strait up passed the puck to the goalie and it went in the net. My mind cannot reconcile that with the Admirals winning 24 in a row.

calder

I think the Marty Chinn -sefskillz duel may be the longest standing feud in this community.

<3 Sef
I would humbly nominate my old school feud with dem. He was the Riddler to my Batman, the Doc Oc to my Spidey, but in the 90s we had a comic book style teamup against the true threat - a resurgent Canucks fanbase that was approximately a zillion times more annoying than anything the flames/oilers could imagine.

*pours one out*

Slurmer

Banned
Perfect example of what I'm talking about. Sef's team finally has a little bit of success and he gets cocky. Don't worry, you'll lose again, and probably in the first round as usual. Last year was a fluke.

SE-Marleau.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don Cherry said:
I’ve been in hockey a long time and I’ve never seen a team in such turmoil, starting with the firing of Jack Martin. I don’t understand that at all.

Randy Cunneyworth is a brave guy. I feel so sorry for him. Never in the history of any sport has any coach been in the position he’s been in – two days after being hired, knowing he was going to be fired. Unbelievable.

Josh Gorges should be captain of the Canadiens, there’s no doubt in my mind. He’s a captain’s captain. This isn’t in any way to say that Brian Gionta is bad, it’s only to say that Gorges is so good. He’s exceptional. And I think Brian would be happy to have a little pressure taken off him so he could just play the game. Look up the word ‘leader’ in the dictionary, and you’ll find Gorges’ picture.
I never thought in my lifetime I would agree with Don Cherry on so many topics.

Ryan Miller straight up calls Milan Lucic a gutless piece of shit twice, you'd think you could get away with almost anything save shitting on the refs. Can't believe Torts got fined almost as he did for saying the Winter Classic refereeing was fixed.

3N16MA

Banned
So Torts got fined $20,000 today.

Coach says words, gets fined 20Gs
Player cheapshots and injures someone, nothing.

The douche deserves to be fined for whining like a bitch. Before he opens his mouth and starts whining about the Pens he should take a look at himself in the mirror and keep his mouth shut. Crosby/Malkin had nothing to do with Orpik's hit but Tortorella is known for getting butt hurt after losses that he decided to throw his little girl tantrum and start crying about random shit.

Also Orpik's hit was not dirty in the sense that he did not intentionally try to knee Stepan. Stepan made a move to get around Orpik and Orpik went in with the shoulder. It's Sepan's move that put him in the position for knee contact not Orpik sticking out his knee trying to injure him. If Stepan does not try to drag his right leg around Orpik there is no knee to knee. It's a fast game, was Orpik supposed to dance out of the way after he had his feet planted ready for an open ice hit? Every time there is a knee to knee everyone assumes it has to be dirty.

Ryan Miller straight up calls Milan Lucic a gutless piece of shit twice, you'd think you could get away with almost anything save shitting on the refs. Can't believe Torts got fined almost as he did for saying the Winter Classic refereeing was fixed.
Laviolette tries to kill Bylsma, $10,000 fine. Tortorella calls Bylsma and the Penguins names... double the amount.

So what can we take from this?

Name calling is worse than attempted murder.

The douche deserves to be fined for whining like a bitch. Before he opens his mouth and starts whining about the Pens he should take a look at himself in the mirror and keep his mouth shut. Crosby/Malkin had nothing to do with Orpik's hit but Tortorella is known for getting butt hurt after losses that he decided to throw his little girl tantrum and start crying about random shit.

Also Orpik's hit was not dirty in the sense that he did not intentionally try to knee Stepan. Stepan made a move to get around Orpik and Orpik went in with the shoulder. It's Sepan's move that put him in the position for knee contact not Orpik sticking out his knee trying to injure him. If Stepan does not try to drag his right leg around Orpik there is no knee to knee. It's a fast game, was Orpik supposed to dance out of the way after he had his feet planted ready for an open ice hit? Every time there is a knee to knee everyone assumes it has to be dirty.

What the heck was he supposed to do, just skate right into him for a huge open ice hit? I mean if that is what you believe players should do instead of trying to avoid it, then by all means you role with that strange idea.

Also to jog your memory here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf8hutvso_g

Stepan had his head up the whole time and saw Orpik and actually did get out of the way, but Orpik tried to lean into him like you said to try to still get the hit off but he also kept his knee out when he did that. Even if it wasn't dirty per say, it was still a blatant knee hit, one that is Orpik's fault, not Stepan's as you say.

3N16MA

Banned
What the heck was he supposed to do, just skate right into him for a huge open ice hit? I mean if that is what you believe players should do instead of trying to avoid it, then by all means you role with that strange idea.

Also to jog your memory here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf8hutvso_g

Stepan had his head up the whole time and saw Orpik and actually did get out of the way, but Orpik tried to lean into him like you said to try to still get the hit off but he also kept his knee out when he did that. Even if it wasn't dirty per say, it was still a blatant knee hit, one that is Orpik's fault, not Stepan's as you say.

Like I said it's not dirty in the sense that it was not Orpik's intent to intentionally knee him. It's a knee to knee but everyone is throwing around the word "dirty" as if Orpik was trying to knee him. Even in the video you posted the first reaction of the announcers is that Orpik did not try to knee Stepan and he may have put himself in the situation.

Even worse, people from Quebec taunting Leafs fans.

Hope they do raise it in Quebec - with a Phoenix Coyotes logo.

I would approve of this, the ultimate troll move.

Like I said it's not dirty in the sense that it was not Orpik's intent to intentionally knee him. It's a knee to knee but everyone is throwing around the word "dirty" as if Orpik was trying to knee him. Even in the video you posted the first reaction is that Orpik did not try to knee Stepan and he may have put himself in the situation.

I also don't think it was dirty, my problem was you saying it was Stepan's fault when it was more Orpik's. Yeah it is a fast game, but Orpik made a mistake by having his knee out as Stepan tried to go around him, it wasn't a blatant, "I'm going to throw my knee out" hit, but he did get his knee out when he tried to lean into the missed checked, hitting Stepan when he went around him.

3N16MA

Banned
I would approve of this, the ultimate troll move.

I also don't think it was dirty, my problem was you saying it was Stepan's fault when it was more Orpik's. Yeah it is a fast game, but Orpik made a mistake by having his knee out as Stepan tried to go around him, it wasn't a blatant, "I'm going to throw my knee out" hit, but he did get his knee out when he tried to lean into the missed checked, hitting Stepan when he went around him.

That is a fair view on it. I might see it a little different but at least you have common sense and just don't see a knee on knee and claim it's dirty.

That is a fair view on it. I might see it a little different but at least you have common sense and just don't see a knee on knee and claim it's dirty.

In before quote that says, "LOL, I have common sense". :p

Plus I know that is was more Orpik's fault because when I was playing if I missed a hit, you tend to have your knee out sometimes as well to balance yourself, you may not mean to hit the player like that, but it is still your fault for having the knee out that impedes the player from going around you.

Dang it, 1 PM game tomorrow, I don't even know if I'll be awake by then. Even if I am up I have stuff to do, honestly I really don't care were we end up here, I just want this team to go out and have a good 60 minute game and carry that good play into the playoffs, if they can do that, it will help to quell some (and I mean only some) of my anger at this team right now.

If the Yotes won the cup and moved to Quebec it would make up for the cup that Quebec should have won when the Nords moved to Colorado =/

Tabris

YOUR TEAM ISN'T IN THE PLAYOFFS. SUCK IT!
No one cares about your cups from before I was born

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom