• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well apparently Holland and Babcock met with the team leaders for the second time this year, I really don't like the sound of that at all, seems like team morale and just overall work ethic is down. Also I know Datsyuk has been somewhat average lately as well, plus I remember him saying early in the year that he wouldn't mind having another Russian on the team.

That makes sense--The only time they've looked like the Wings of old were in the 2nd half of that Carolina game.

Big things need to change this offseason.

MPW

I don't even know how you stop the Pens at this point.

jaroslav_halak.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/0f/fullj.9f9778131d316dd4031aca98fa19de55/9f9778131d316dd4031aca98fa19de55-getty-142175835.jpg[IMG]

:lol[/QUOTE]

already posted, too slow! :p

SpacLock

The Wings have to win by at least 5 goals, or 3 goals + shutout in order for me to be satisfied. I want to see a good ol' classic ass whooping after the shit they've been pulling lately.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Wings have to win by at least 5 goals, or 3 goals + shutout in order for me to be satisfied. I want to see a good ol' classic ass whooping after the shit they've been pulling lately.

The problem with that is basically every time they blow a team out they then go on a 5-game losing streak.

Curufinwe

It's really a great league when Crosby can slash Giroux twice right in front of the ref after losing a faceoff, knocking the stick out of his hands, and no penalty is called.

Socreges

Banned
I love how the announcers are comparing the Flyers to the Washington Generals. NBC sure does love their Penguins.

Really? That's beneath you Soc.
I've met people with mild Asperger's. They're otherwise normal, but take things very literally. Montresor seems to do that a lot. I should've held back since it's definitely insulting, but it was an honest question. My bad.

Socreges

Banned
PJ Stock saying last night that "People in Vancouver are just never happy with anything [Luongo] does".

So far as I understand, there's a contingent that will never been be happy with Luongo, but the vast majority of fans love the guy. What I've always felt is that he doesn't get the respect elsewhere in the national media (eg, CBC) and around the league. So fuck you, PJ.

Socreges

Banned
Watching the Cory Schneider post-game interview from last night.

The guy is ridiculously good at handling questions digging for a controversial response. He puts Luongo to shame in that respect.

And his Jannik Hansen impression is hilarious.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Scary puck movement a minute ago by the flyers.
That's not to script. Can't show up the Pittsburgh Globetrotters.

Watching the Cory Schneider post-game interview from last night.

The guy is ridiculously good at handling questions digging for a controversial response. He puts Luongo to shame in that respect.

And his Jannik Hansen impression is hilarious.

That's not to script. Can't show up the Pittsburgh Globetrotters.

?

I think this game is over, so much fucking sloppy D last couple of games to lead to breakaways. I had the feeling we would blow our lead after playing so well at the beginning.

Favorite players on this team now: Couturier, Voracek, Timmonen, Hartnell. Voracek is better at being JVR than JVR is.

Holy shit how did this team get me so excited? I feel like I'm watching a completely different team from January and February.... except in the first period. We suck at starting ahead.

Was referring to the NBC commentators, not you. They'd been comparing the Penguins to the Globetrotters and the Flyers to the Generals.

Ah, I've sort of tuned it out when they talk. I didn't even notice they mentioned it once. :lol

Favorite players on this team now: Couturier, Voracek, Timmonen, Hartnell. Voracek is better at being JVR than JVR is.

Holy shit how did this team get me so excited? I feel like I'm watching a completely different team from January and February.... except in the first period. We suck at starting ahead.

JVR is injured right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom