• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great attitude, but Bylsma is the better actual coach.

Hartnell taunting the Hulk Hogan guy is classic.

I dunno if I'd agree with that, but it's a worthwhile debate. Laviolette's system is pretty great, but you would think he would need a better goaltender to back it up.

So this game was amazing. So glad I watched. Crosby is such a little bitch. If you can't back up your talk then shutup. I love guys like Giroux who will also get in the shit when they have to. Crosby got away with about three blatant slashes tonight. It's complete bullshit and he plays like a bit of a bitch since he knows what he can get away with. Briere plays the same way, but is constantly hounded by penalties.

Also I know I said there would never be another player like Lindros yesterday, but I completely forgot about Malkin. He's such a huge presence on the ice. He's actually a little smaller than Lindros was, but in this era it seems pretty comparable. I think they both have that element of slightly dirty players as well. I hate Malkin so much, and I think it's probably a lot like how people felt against Lindros.

C Jones

Yeah Laviolette started yelling at Bylsma for putting that line out there and Granato got between them, telling Laviolette to back off.

"How dare you put your checking line out there and send a message for next game and possibly the first round series!! What is this, every fucking year of hockey before 2004?"

Amazing how domesticated the NHL has become. I love the passion.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I dunno if I'd agree with that, but it's a worthwhile debate. Laviolette's system is pretty great, but you would think he would need a better goaltender to back it up.

So this game was amazing. So glad I watched. Crosby is such a little bitch. If you can't back up your talk then shutup. I love guys like Giroux who will also get in the shit when they have to. Crosby got away with about three blatant slashes tonight. It's complete bullshit and he plays like a bit of a bitch since he knows what he can get away with. Briere plays the same way, but is constantly hounded by penalties.

Also I know I said there would never be another player like Lindros yesterday, but I completely forgot about Malkin. He's such a huge presence on the ice. He's actually a little smaller than Lindros was, but in this era it seems pretty comparable. I think they both have that element of slightly dirty players as well. I hate Malkin so much, and I think it's probably a lot like how people felt against Lindros.

Your coach gets up on top of the bench to rage at the other coach, and yet Crosby is the bitch in this game?

t0mp

out of all that shit that happened, how in the world did the flyers end up a man down? the game was over - shoulda been evened up if anything. the refs were just asking for the game to get out of hand AGAIN by putting a team a man down... just doesn't make any sense.

shit, asham should have had 40+ mins of penalties in that scrum.

I feel like fighting someone TBH, wanna go Zaraki?

Your coach gets up on top of the bench to rage at the other coach, and yet Crosby is the bitch in this game?
here we go.

I'll break it down for you since this is your first post:
crosby is a bitch
lavy telling it how it is for putting a 4th line on at the end of the game when the game is clearly over.
you'll make one "witty" post, leave, bruce will fire back, soc will then counter bruce, and we'll have 20 more pages by 5:00PM EST.

Revenant

out of all that shit that happened, how in the world did the flyers end up a man down? the game was over - shoulda been evened up if anything. the refs were just asking for the game to get out of hand AGAIN by putting a team a man down... just doesn't make any sense.

He's probably off the clock as a pens fan for now as one of his other teams are playing later tonight i'm sure.

Laviolette gets in the other guys face and calls him out. He's a fiery coach, and when he played he would have fought. Crosby talks shit then runs back to the bench behind five other guys. He was talking shit to Schenn today. Schenn would fight Crosby. Why doesn't Crosby engage? Giroux has fought back for himself plenty of times and you can find some pretty good highlights of him giving physical play back to other players that he thought cheapshotted him. There's no reason a player who is a "scorer" shouldn't back up what they say with physical play. Malkin doesn't fight, but if you piss him off he's not gonna take a bullshit slash at you. He's gonna lay you out.

Curufinwe

The last game will be ugly if the seedings are already set.

Being a pest with a jello head is a risky role to try and play.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
here we go.

crosby is a bitch
lavy telling it how it is for putting a 4th line on at the end of the game when the game is clearly over.
you'll make one "witty" post, leave, bruce will fire back, soc will then counter bruce, and we'll have 20 more pages by 5:00PM EST.

Laviolette gets in the other guys face and calls him out. He's a fiery coach, and when he played he would have fought. Crosby talks shit then runs back to the bench behind five other guys. He was talking shit to Schenn today. Schenn would fight Crosby. Why doesn't Crosby engage? Giroux has fought back for himself plenty of times and you can find some pretty good highlights of him giving physical play back to other players that he thought cheapshotted him. There's no reason a player who is a "scorer" shouldn't back up what they say with physical play. Malkin doesn't fight, but if you piss him off he's not gonna take a bullshit slash at you. He's gonna lay you out.

Yeah I apologize for not being part of the Cool Kids Club, but that was absolutely unprofessional behavior on the part of the Flyers coach. Call it "fiery" or whatever you want but it's seriously embarrassing. I'm not even a hardcore Penguins fan, I seriously have no stake in this game or any other.

Yeah I apologize for not being part of the Cool Kids Club, but that was absolutely unprofessional behavior on the part of the Flyers coach. Call it "fiery" or whatever you want but it's seriously embarrassing. I'm not even a hardcore Penguins fan, I seriously have no stake in this game or any other.

Yeah, why should a coach get angry that his players safety is threatened on the ice? He totally shouldn't be pissed that he sent out a line to play hockey and Bylsma sent out a boxing squad. /rolleyes

I'm not saying what Bylsma did was wrong, but Lavy was right to be pissed about it. He had a guy like Briere out. That just shows he wasn't trying to turn the game into what it became. He obviously got the wrong idea, but I'd bet you were one of the same people calling what the Devlis and Rangers did "unprofessional." This was the same thing.

There was no penalty called after Crosby was cross-checked during that temporal paradox that occurs when a goal is scored but not noticed, and the whistle being blown, correct? The goal completely negated the penalty since time technically stops after the goal is scored.

This opens up a whole new world. Imagine a sharp-eyed D-man noticing that the puck went in but nobody else in the building had. He now has carte blanche to slash, crosscheck, interfere, and generally be a royal asshole with no repercussions. I wonder if fighting majors would be wiped out in the unnoticed goal/whistle black hole?

t0mp

I can see it being unprofessional to a casual fan I suppose. I'd rather see that then them being girls about it and at the end of the game fight thru the media.

There was no penalty called after Crosby was cross-checked during that temporal paradox that occurs when a goal is scored but not noticed, and the whistle being blown, correct? The goal completely negated the penalty since time technically stops after the goal is scored.

This opens up a whole new world. Imagine a sharp-eyed D-man noticing that the puck went in but nobody else in the building had. He now has carte blanche to slash, crosscheck, interfere, and generally be a royal asshole with no repercussions. I wonder if fighting majors would be wiped out in the unnoticed goal/whistle black hole?
i was thinking about this too, lol. I was wondering if Schenn saw what happened, thought it through and THEN crosschecked crosby knowing it'll get waived off after the goal.

That would be after the play though. Different penalty. That's after the whistle. If Schenn got a penalty they also would have had to run time off the clock. Also I wasn't clear on whether that penalty came before or after the goal, cuz otherwise it was just a delayed call that got waived off.

Between this and 'suck it, Phaneuf', Scott Hartnell is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the NHL:

55152738892005.gif

The last game will be ugly if the seedings are already set.

Being a pest with a jello head is a risky role to try and play.

I just hope it doesn't get too bad where either team gets an injury that fucks them for the playoffs.

Yeah, why should a coach get angry that his players safety is threatened on the ice? He totally shouldn't be pissed that he sent out a line to play hockey and Bylsma sent out a boxing squad. /rolleyes

I'm not saying what Bylsma did was wrong, but Lavy was right to be pissed about it. He had a guy like Briere out. That just shows he wasn't trying to turn the game into what it became. He obviously got the wrong idea, but I'd bet you were one of the same people calling what the Devlis and Rangers did "unprofessional." This was the same thing.

Safety threatened with a clean hit?

That would be after the play though. Different penalty. That's after the whistle. If Schenn got a penalty they also would have had to run time off the clock. Also I wasn't clear on whether that penalty came before or after the goal, cuz otherwise it was just a delayed call that got waived off.

I'm pretty sure the crosscheck occured when the play moved back up ice after the goal and Crosby was coasting to the bench. It's a crazy bizarre quirk in the rules.

Socreges

Banned

here we go.

crosby is a bitch
Hey man bruce and I are going on, like.. five days since our last battle.

Between this and 'suck it, Phaneuf', Scott Hartnell is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the NHL:

55152738892005.gif
100% agreed

I'm not saying the hit was dirty. I'm just saying in that situation you try and match up physical players against eachother because everyone is going to ramp it up. Like I've said I don't think what Bylsma did was wrong, but I get why Lavy was angry too.

*shrug* It shouldn't have warranted the explosion that it got especially with it being a clean hit.

Socreges

Banned
All Bylsma accomplished was giving the Flyers some extra motivation for the next game (although I don't think it'll carry all the way into the playoffs). There is no "message" sent. I personally don't see the purpose.

t0mp

*shrug* It shouldn't have warranted the explosion that it got especially with it being a clean hit.

IDK think if it were Rinaldo giving the hit to Crosby while up by 3 with a minute left (not comparing briere to crosby or Vitale to Rinaldo). I'm just saying that because Rinaldo is on our fourth line and briere and crosby both have had concussion issues. you're telling me no one on the pens would jump to defend even if it's a "clean hit"?

As a Flyers fan, I love how our guys always jump to the aid of their teammates, but fact of the matter is that it was a clean hit, and I hate how in the modern day NHL any big hit warrants someone retaliating. Guys can't take their lumps anymore...

Revenant

Hey man bruce and I are going on, like.. five days since our last battle.

100% agreed

To be fair with you two going back and forth it makes our replies and views go through the roof, People probably think we're a healthy insular thriving community!

55152738892005.gif

Let me tell you something Mike Works, What you gonna do when Hartnellmania runs wild on you!

IDK think if it were Rinaldo giving the hit to Crosby while up by 3 with a minute left (not comparing briere to crosby or Vitale to Rinaldo). I'm just saying that because Rinaldo is on our fourth line and briere and crosby both have had concussion issues. you're telling me no one on the pens would jump to defend even if it's a "clean hit"?

I think they would defend but the complete explosion is what I was talking about. That whole thing was a lot more than just a player standing up for the other player. Don't really care much either way though, just surprised it grew to what it did from coaches standing on the dividers shouting to like literally every player fighting.

Socreges

Banned
To be fair with you two going back and forth it makes our replies and views go through the roof, People probably think we're a healthy insular thriving community!
On that note we actually keep it pretty brief these days. Should probably look to instigating more often. For the good of the community.

Revenant

As a Flyers fan, I love how our guys always jump to the aid of their teammates, but fact of the matter is that it was a clean hit, and I hate how in the modern day NHL any big hit warrants someone retaliating. Guys can't take their lumps anymore...

agreed, I thought that was a pretty damn clean hit, granted I guess you could argue the timing was poor when you throw a bomb on someone that late in a game. I could see why the Flyers took exception, including Lavy.

Revenant

The fact that this is going to be a playoff series is making me so excited for post season play.

The salt is coming....

purg3

slept with Malkin
well that wasn't the outcome I was hoping for, but still had an awesome time at the game. The end more than made up for it. So much crazy shit going on between the benches, people throwing shit at the flyers, Malk Hogan, so funny.

That was probably the closest I've sat at a pens game, fucking loved it. Shitty cell pics'

L3ANo.jpg

oUjVL.jpg

Still have philly one more time and most likely first round now. It's going to be fucking madness lol.

well that wasn't the outcome I was hoping for, but still had an awesome time at the game. The end more than made up for it. So much crazy shit going on between the benches, people throwing shit at the flyers, Malk Hogan, so funny.

That was probably the closest I've sat at a pens game, fucking loved it. Shitty cell pics'

L3ANo.jpg

oUjVL.jpg

Still have philly one more time and most likely first round now. It's going to be fucking madness lol.

Nice pics!

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Apparently paying boatloads of money for NHL CenterIce doesn't entitle me to watching a game on NHL Network. Fuck you Comcast.

...in other news, a better version of that magical moment.

hulk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom