• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

lol coach Yeo spitting fire at the post game. Calling out the Sharks for diving and embellishing for some of their calls, openly wondering if the Wild needs to do it more To fit in with today's NHL.

Can't say I disagree. Some of those calls tonight were legit. The Sharks probably should have had 3-4 good power plays. The Wild were horribly undisciplined

But that Thornton dive from Cookes apparent trip and Konopka's phantom double minor really highlight a stretch of horrible officiating lately.

But that Thornton dive from Cookes apparent trip and Konopka's phantom double minor really highlight a stretch of horrible officiating lately.

That Konopka call was terrible.

Enjoyed the game overall. It was the first west coast game I've stayed up for in awhile and I was not disappointed. Thought Couture played a hell of a game even though he didn't score.

Acid08

Banned
lol coach Yeo spitting fire at the post game. Calling out the Sharks for diving and embellishing for some of their calls, openly wondering if the Wild needs to do it more To fit in with today's NHL.

Can't say I disagree. Some of those calls tonight were legit. The Sharks probably should have had 3-4 good power plays. The Wild were horribly undisciplined

Yeah, Thornton dove there but, really, did anyone else? Cooke dove to try to get a penalty too. Wingels got slewfooted by Parise with no call. To be fair, also, Thornton fell down while Cooke had put his stick right between his legs. Pretty stupid thing to do anyway.

The Konopka double minor was a really, really bad call. Although if Yeo, like our resident hockey scholar Vman, insinuated that it was a dive then he can fuck right off. He got high sticked and it drew blood, just wasn't a Wild stick.

Basically, hey Yeo, get your fucking team under control. Cry later.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, Thornton dove there but, really, did anyone else? Cooke dove to try to get a penalty too. Wingels got slewfooted by Parise with no call. To be fair, also, Thornton fell down while Cooke had put his stick right between his legs. Pretty stupid thing to do anyway.

The Konopka double minor was a really, really bad call. Although if Yeo, like our resident hockey scholar Vman, insinuated that it was a dive then he can fuck right off. He got high sticked and it drew blood, just wasn't a Wild stick.

To be fair!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This timezone sucks for NHL games. Only games i can watch are morning/early afternoon games. Thank god for hockeystreams.... I'll watch the Boston game on demand after I wake up before reading GAF I guess,

Also, LOLEAFS.

Quick

Banned
Also, LOLEAFS.

imCiKvLAfzVsK.gif

TUSR

Banned
This timezone sucks for NHL games. Only games i can watch are morning/early afternoon games. Thank god for hockeystreams.... I'll watch the Boston game on demand after I wake up before reading GAF I guess,

Also, LOLEAFS.

did we finally deport you?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Leafs have 2 regulation wins in their last 19 games. I didn't realize they were in that much of a slide, pretty unreal.

Smiley90

I just realized yesterday that this year, I'm going to TWO Spengler Cup games, not just one. And seats instead of standing room. Awesome.

Vman

Listen, I know your a huge homer but it amazes me that you can't admit that your team dove worse then the Canucks. It was embarrassing for the refs and embarrassing for your team.I know you disagreed with that high stick play but your dude takes two strides then does a full superman dive after getting clipped. Like Yeo said, the Stuart dive was embarrassing too and there were several others. Not saying we didn't deserve a few but it got out of hand.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gaf has a fire ant defence force. Unbelievable, some of these people need to go outside once in a while.

Smiley90

“Chris Tanev has spent nearly 79 mintes on the ice in 4-on-5 situations this season. In those roughly 79 minutes Vancouver’s goal differential, in 4-on-5 situations I’d remind you, is even.”

Zomfg. That defensive stalwart.

TUSR

Banned
“Chris Tanev has spent nearly 79 mintes on the ice in 4-on-5 situations this season. In those roughly 79 minutes Vancouver’s goal differential, in 4-on-5 situations I’d remind you, is even.”

Zomfg. That defensive stalwart.

Tanev, Garrison and Santorelli.

Smiley90

Tanev, Garrison and Santorelli.

Tanev, Richardson, Garrison and burrows all are even in 4on5 situations, of those getting significant PK ice time. Out of which tanev gets by far the most (most of all Canucks) Coincidentally, Tanev and Richardson have also been on the ice for all our shorthanded goals this season.

So tanev was on the ice for 3 goals for and 3 goals against in 79 minutes of PK time. Daaaaamn.

I hate this team, this season has been such a roller coaster ride of a glitter of hope and than a great big fiery mess of disappointment. I think I may try to go a week without checking on any scores or try to avoid NHL junk, just as a needed break since I'm getting too frustrated with this stupid team right now. I need to care less about them.

Delryk

Leafs have 2 regulation wins in their last 19 games. I didn't realize they were in that much of a slide, pretty unreal.

It's funny because two-three years ago, the problem was Toskala/Giguere/Reimer/Gustavsson letting in beachballs every game. Now it's.... pretty much everything BUT goaltending.

Delryk

Something needs to happen. Not necessarily big. But, i can smell Kulemin, Fraser, Ranger, Liles, Gardiner being moved. Nonis won't be touching the center position before Bozak/Bolland comes back .

Top Bottom