• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Hunter S.

jbcoY6NQixIO44.jpg

I cannot stop laughing. So good!

Isn't Vanek likely to end up with the Wild? I'd rather not throw money at people we aren't likely to get so it isn't locked up. The Suter/Parise summer's offers kept our hands tied.

Would love Ryan to hit FA, but I doubt we'll see him in orange and black unless we trade for his rights in advance.

Curufinwe

I am curious to see how much Brayden Schenn is going to want as well. He isn't having a bad year.

I penciled him in at $2.75m since he's producing at a slower rate than Kadri or Steppan did last season, and signed for two years at $2.9m and $3m. In this scenario they would have about $6m to spend on a free agent, and then they could recall depth players like Rosehill and Alt once the season starts and Pronger is on LTIR.

FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($8.275m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($2.750m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Michael Raffl ($1.000m) / Sean Couturier ($1.750m) / Matt Read ($3.625m)
Scott Laughton ($0.894m) / Adam Hall ($0.700m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
DEFENSEMEN
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Erik Gustafsson ($1.000m) / Chris Pronger ($4.941m)
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($3.500m)
Ray Emery ($1.500m)

------
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,010,595; BONUSES: $212,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $6,089,405

Silexx

He's gone senile or something, it makes no fucking sense what he is doing out there sometimes. Such a turnaround from last year, WTF is going on?

Whoa, Kernel and Cake Boss are starting to agree on something? This cannot stand!

Hey Cake Boss, Kernel told me that Chris Phillips fucks your mom. Are you just going to take that shit?

I forgot there was a third stadium series with Pittsburgh and Chicago, total overkill, but this jersey is alright looking, chrome logo is still really dumb.

rsz_20131209_stadium_series_jersey_003pgh_slide.jpg

@ Var and Curufinwe

While the Kadri and Stepan signings were a really good sign, I think that with the cap going up, they won't help as much with Schenn. Ideally we'd get something like 2.75, but I think we'll end up with something around 3.5.

(A cap hit of ~3 mil/year is about 4.7% of a team's cap allowance this year, right? So next year the equivalent of the Kadri/Stepan contracts would be more like 3.4mil? I'm increasing it up to 3.5 in my head because everything is always the worst.)

Curufinwe

@ Var and Curufinwe

While the Kadri and Stepan signings were a really good sign, I think that with the cap going up, they won't help as much with Schenn. Ideally we'd get something like 2.75, but I think we'll end up with something around 3.5.

(A cap hit of ~3 mil/year is about 4.7% of a team's cap allowance this year, right? So next year the equivalent of the Kadri/Stepan contracts would be more like 3.4mil? I'm increasing it up to 3.5 in my head because everything is always the worst.)

It's only a two year deal, though, and those guys both scored at a 75 point pace.

I hope Hextall is GM by then and will be more firm with RFAs like Schenn who really have no leverage.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wut

She does. At the very least, I can't tell much of a difference between the two. maybe a bit more nasal-y

Edit: Nvm. She was just talking about Sweden. She's from Holland.

mostly meant the Emery comment. racist. and yeah I can see Dutch people have a similar accent than me.

Das racist. I assumed you were joking.

fake edit: on a related note this thread is gonna end well

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734209

I was contemplating responding with this thread :lol. Can't.... post..... in it...

I hope Hextall is GM by then and will be more firm with RFAs like Schenn who really have no leverage.

Yeah.

Admittedly, Holmgren did a great job with the Couturier extension (not horribly surprising given his output at the time, but still,) but the fact that he hasn't locked up Schenn yet is what's making me think we'll see a higher than expected number.

Hopefully I am just a cynical idiot.

I'm fucking done exams.

Congrats! How'd they go?

I had one of mine get pushed back a week because of "snow," (it didn't even end up raining.) So Tuesday's going to be my last one.

Whoa, Kernel and Cake Boss are starting to agree on something? This cannot stand!

Hey Cake Boss, Kernel told me that Chris Phillips fucks your mom. Are you just going to take that shit?

Yeah I will randomly agree with him from time to time just to keep him on his toes.

Var

@ Var and Curufinwe

I was thinking around 3 years at 10m. It would be nice to get him cheaper though.

Smiley90

Speak for yourself, brahs.

Pretty hyped to chill out and watch some hockey tonight.

Game is at 3am local time, fuck that. the Boston game I'll watch on demand the next morning after I wake up, but the Oilers game... naw, not worth it.

High School shooting a little ways away from me. Not a terribly great area but this is just getting absurd. If this is again on the negligence of the parents and their gun safety practices someone needs to go to jail this time. Sick and tired of parental neglect leading to tragedy.

Smiley90

High School shooting a little ways away from me. Not a terribly great area but this is just getting absurd. If this is again on the negligence of the parents and their gun safety practices someone needs to go to jail this time. Sick and tired of parental neglect leading to tragedy.

Kid probably played GTA. It's obvious what was at fault here.

Disregard that a couple other million people played the game, IT'S OBVIOUS MAN.

I just heard that dumb bitch Megyn Kelly went off on a rant about how Jesus was white. I'm sure that's how Jews from 2,000 years ago thought of themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdkGA_rgHRY

Did you watch Jon Stewart's response, too? :D The only way I'm watching stupid FOX News anchors say bullshit is if it's in a Daily Show segment. Except for Karl Rove during election night, that shit I watched live and it was absolutely glorious.

Top Bottom