• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Socreges

Banned
So you believe that Thornton would have done that out of the blue is what you're saying? Got it. Really not looking to get hung up on the minor points of a discussion if you're clearly not looking to have one in the first place.
Nah. But you know that's not what I'm suggesting because you're not so daft. This is what I mean by "slippery".

Saying Orpik is responsible for Orpik's head being smashed in by Thornton because "Orpik's hit was a factor in the eventual outcome" is wrong. He's not responsible. He's not to blame.

By that logic virtually any victim of a violent/deadly act is "responsible" for their injuries/death because they've almost always contributed some factor that has incited the violence. Do you not realize how dangerously stupid your logic is?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
"I was planning to play Bournival with Gallagher, but then the media were saying I should play Bournival with Gallagher, so I won't cause I'm the coach."

:lol

Don't forget how he'll switch up every one of his lines whenever he feels like, but he'll never move Pac/DD away from each other, or Plek/Gio.

Seriously though, just shoot me now. I don't even want to know that this pathetic excuse for a hockey teams exists, complete garbage all around and management/coaches who think good old players who can't skate make us cup contending.

Stet

Banned
It's a sad state of affairs when more important than the game to the announcer is whether or not the visiting team will have a bad flight due to weather.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It's a sad state of affairs when more important than the game to the announcer is whether or not the visiting team will have a bad flight due to weather.

bob cole was talking like he was reading from a childrens book during that bit

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
All we have to do to win this is put Gallagher with DD and Pac.

Sanjuro

Nah. But you know that's not what I'm suggesting because you're not so daft. This is what I mean by "slippery".

Saying Orpik is responsible for Orpik's head being smashed in by Thornton because "Orpik's hit was a factor in the eventual outcome" is wrong. He's not responsible. He's not to blame.

By that logic virtually any victim of a violent/deadly act is "responsible" for their injuries/death because they've almost always contributed some factor that has incited the violence. Do you not realize how dangerously stupid your logic is?

It's not stupid, you don't want to actively move this discussion along! You picked a specific point I made, continued to harp on it, and here we are. It's always the same story with you.

You're reaching far out of the spectrum of sports to even try and make your argument feasible. The link you're attempting to make there doesn't seem like a relatively smart one either to apply to this discussion.

Orpik hit Erikkson. Orpik declined to fight Thornton and Hamilton. Thornton lost his shit and smashed his face into the ice when he saw an opportunity to do so. Really not that much more to it. We're talking about a hockey game here, not sexual assault or some murder case.

Delryk

Holland has been very impressive since he's been on the team.. hoping he continues to grow. appears to be a very early jvr but at center. :)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's not stupid, you don't want to actively move this discussion along! You picked a specific point I made, continued to harp on it, and here we are. It's always the same story with you.

You're reaching far out of the spectrum of sports to even try and make your argument feasible. The link you're attempting to make there doesn't seem like a relatively smart one either to apply to this discussion.

Orpik hit Erikkson. Orpik declined to fight Thornton and Hamilton. Thornton lost his shit and smashed his face into the ice when he saw an opportunity to do so. Really not that much more to it. We're talking about a hockey game here, not sexual assault or some murder case.

How is the bolded in any way Orpik's fault?

zroid

Banned

I think you could tell he realized he was getting carried away, but he didn't know how to end his train of thought cleanly, lol

Holiday

Banned
Backes scores!

2viro1u.gif

Blues win!

2viro1u.gif

Frank with a pair!

2viro1u.gif

Merguson

Banned
Send Orr and Fraser to the Marlies. Ranger can stay as a 7th defenseman. Keep D'Amigo... even if its the 4th line.. he can at least skate.

Top Bottom