• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Acid08

Banned
I saw that earlier Red, congrats. I was soooo close for a bit but then most of my forwards started slumping at the same time so it all went to shit. That's the problem when most of your forwards are on the same team :lol

Socreges

Banned
For starters it has Bravely Default. I borrowed my friend's european 3ds to play it a bit (read: about 9 hours) and it's great. It's also MASSIVE and there's no way I'll finish it while I'm here... So i put it aside for now and will just buy it once it's out in NA. Weird that it's out in europe earlier, but I got to "demo" it, so i'm not complaining.
Read that it's about 30 hours long...?

And 2014 is still looking spotty to me. Lots of games that are probably very good, but I'm not necessarily interested in. JRPGs don't really do it for me these days, but I'll make an exception for a FFIX clone with a better battle system. Otherwise I'm hoping for Nintendo to surprise me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Read that it's about 30 hours long...?

And 2014 is still looking spotty to me. Lots of games that are probably very good, but I'm not necessarily interested in. JRPGs don't really do it for me these days, but I'll make an exception for a FFIX clone with a better battle system.

I've barely finished the first chapter (and the introductory chapter) of... uh 9 (?) chapters, and I've spent 8 hours on it. So.... that's a soft 30h I'd say. Maybe 30h if you play on easy, don't have to grind, don't do sidemissions and just rush through? I know I'll spend MUCH more time on it though.

Ffs. Between PSO2, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Y, M&L: DT, BF4 and Ghosts, I'm going to have no social life during break.

...fuck it. It's winter anyways.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I saw that earlier Red, congrats. I was soooo close for a bit but then most of my forwards started slumping at the same time so it all went to shit. That's the problem when most of your forwards are on the same team :lol
Eh, it's a long season, I was in the bottom 5 for the majority of last year and ended up a point behind first. Which team are you?

Smiley90

Trimester.

Yes. Day usually goes class 12-4, doing shit 4-7 or 8 and then gaming 8-3 or 4.

Not sure if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing with me. Also not sure if I should be impressed by how much time you have for gaming or not.

Not sure if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing with me. Also not sure if I should be impressed by how much time you have for gaming or not.

My terrible sleep cycles make time for a lot of gaming or going out at night to do shit.

Luckily my earliest class is 12:30 on MWF and 1 on TTh

Smiley90

Is it bad that I don't want Bernie Sanders to run for president because there's no way he can win, and all it'll do is make me sad? He's by far my favourite US politician, in terms of his agenda. :(

edit: anyone here getting early access DayZ?

I love how when the Bruins won it was the "depleted Bruins" and when Pittsburgh won it was the "injury riddled Penguins" as if the Leafs don't have their own significant loses due to injury and suspension. The media is such a joke.

JR thinks we bring up Jaskin with Backes likely sitting tonight. As much as I'm interested in seeing him get a few games in, tonight is going to be an absolute massacre with Backes and Sobi out. Our Center depth has to be the worst in the NHL.

Yeah he was clearly cheering for legitimate injuries and not just watching a shithead bleed from a flesh wound.

WOAH REALLY?

Samyy

JR thinks we bring up Jaskin with Backes likely sitting tonight. As much as I'm interested in seeing him get a few games in, tonight is going to be an absolute massacre with Backes and Sobi out. Our Center depth has to be the worst in the NHL.

WOAH REALLY?

Uhhh cant be worse then the Leafs

Cake Boss

Banned
1507843_10151796618248053_326481202_n.jpg

Turris is one lucky man here.

WOAH REALLY?

I guess any opportunity to take the moral high ground is tough for you to resist even when you know better.

When did Dallas start sucking so much :( My Lehtonen-fantasy team am cry, 48 shots, 6 goals against. :(

You just be thankful our PP still can't score. We had two 5 on 3's that we didn't score on and it was still 6-2. Mac had a beautiful goal thanks to a defensive breakdown, it wasn't all Kari's fault. He kept them in the game in the first period for sure.

iAm28TsdRyCuy.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Don Quick is spreading the love to the OT. Posting here for posterity.

Regarding herlt

HE SHOULDA STOPPED AFTER THE FIRST GOAL, EH, AN' JUST SIT ON THE BENCH AN' DO NOTHIN' AN' LET THE CANADIANS DO THE REST, EH.

BUT NO, HE WENT AN' DID WHAT A VISOR-WEARIN' EUROPEAN EARNIN' A ROSTER SPOT WOULD AN' ACTUALLY STEP UP. KIDS LIKE THESE ARE EMBARRASSIN' THE LEAGUE WITH THEIR EAGERNESS AN' SKILLS. THE WHOLE SHARKS ORGANIZATION SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THIS KID. SHOULDA DRAFTED A REAL CANADIAN.

BOBBY ORR WOULDA SCORED ONE GOAL, AN' DO NOTHIN' ELSE, EH.

THUMBS UP LET'S GO.

Smiley90

This team is so much better without a fail goalie in net and a pylon like Gryba on the blueline.

I really wonder if they'll keep Ceci up, gotta be impossible to justify sending him down now.

Not gonna burn his ELC I'd assume.

Cake Boss

Banned
Man Turret is so fucking awesome. dat pass

That goal should have been Rundblad to Silfverberg had our sucky managment didnt trade those 2 players. / End Kernal.

They have to keep Ceci now until he cools down and falls back to erf. Amazing how 2 players barely out of juniors play a huge part of our win last night. Cowen has been really really good the past 4-5 games, stupid douche if he only didnt hold out during camp.

Cowen- K-Hova
Methot- Ceci
Philips- Weirdick
Corvo

Gryballs back to Bingo.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nyquist injured and not playing tonight.

This team.

Smiley90

Hey NHL gaf, are you guys ready to see that Canucks win streak ended tonight?

Cuz I sure am. Hopefully Luongo starts.

Eh, that streak came so unexpectedly, I wouldn't even be too mad. We greatly improved, regardless of what happens tonight. I'd really rather not lose to anyone in the Pacific/competing for wild cards/playoff spots though, so...... No, not really ready.

Eh, that streak came so unexpectedly, I wouldn't even be too mad. We greatly improved, regardless of what happens tonight. I'd really rather not lose to anyone in the Pacific/competing for wild cards/playoff spots though, so...... No, not really ready.

I'm still more confident in you guys making the playoffs than Phoenix or Dallas.

Probably even more so than the Wild, too. This team is so frustrating sometimes. But watching St Paul Luongo is always fun.

Smiley90

I'm still more confident in you guys making the playoffs than Phoenix or Dallas.

Probably even more so than the Wild, too. This team is so frustrating sometimes. But watching St Paul Luongo is always fun.

St. Paul Luongo is.... Weird. Unexplainably weird. And yeah Dallas isn't making it... I have more confidence in the Wild than Phoenix though. Feel like it's gonna come down to those 2 teams.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Beyond ridiculous.

Et89EzH.gif
I'm expecting a pretty brutal game tonight. Probably like 6-1 or 6-0. Detroit will barely be able to muster a goal. Everything will be chip it in deep and have no one go get it. Pavel will try to do everything himself and get no where.

Smiley90

From Friedman's 30 thoughts:

"25. There is a lot of debate about taking Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz of the Penguins as a pair for the Canadian Olympic team. In Monday night's 3-2 loss at Ottawa, Alex Pietrangelo and Jay Bouwmeester of the St. Louis Blues had a two-minute shift in overtime. They were on the ice for 26 seconds before teammate Derek Roy took a penalty and the duo stayed to kill the first 1:33 of it. Those guys are going to the Sochi Winter Games together."

NO SPACE FOR SUBBAN

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
From Friedman's 30 thoughts:

"25. There is a lot of debate about taking Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz of the Penguins as a pair for the Canadian Olympic team. In Monday night's 3-2 loss at Ottawa, Alex Pietrangelo and Jay Bouwmeester of the St. Louis Blues had a two-minute shift in overtime. They were on the ice for 26 seconds before teammate Derek Roy took a penalty and the duo stayed to kill the first 1:33 of it. Those guys are going to the Sochi Winter Games together."

NO SPACE FOR SUBBAN
He could be a 7th but as Weber is struggling a bit, I wouldn't be sad if Subban took his place.

OMG SO RACIST! D:

As an American who could not care less about the Canadian Olympic team outside of hoping they suck, it seems ridiculous that the reigning Norris Trophy winner and the third runner up(Letang) are not going to make their Olympic team.

Either Canada Olympics are being biased as hell against Subban, or Subban should have never won the Norris in the first place. That should have gone to Suter. No question.

As an American who could not care less about the Canadian Olympic team outside of hoping they suck, it seems ridiculous that the reigning Norris Trophy winner and the third runner up(Letang) are not going to make their Olympic team.

Either Canada Olympics are being biased as hell against Subban, or Subban should have never won the Norris in the first place. That should have gone to Suter. No question.

If Duchene makes team Canada I'm going to hope they do well. I usually root for Avs players more than I root for my own country, but I would be quite happy if we win gold. I think Subban is getting the short end of the stick from Canada, he should be on the team.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
24/7 Thoughts:

The Red Wings are boring, and that convo they had about Datsyuk at dinner seemed forced/scripted.

Needed way more Phil Kessel.

Also, I really hope the Islanders make it to double digit wins before the new year.

Parch

Subban criticism is based on his defensive play, or lack of it. Team Canada thinking that d-men taking offensive risks is not needed at that level, and there are more than enough talent choices capable of playing the powerplay AND solid defense. Too much talent to chose from.

Team Canada choices have always been the hard part, and judgement saved till it's over.
Gold = genius choices
Not Gold = idiot choices

Top Bottom