• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Cake Boss

Banned
Watching last nights game, Yeah PetroCanada is Canada's best all around dman. Hes a step ahead of everyone on the ice, except for Norrisson who prolly had his best game of all season.

Curufinwe

It's going to be weird seeing Flyers like Raffl, Kimmo, Streit and Voracek playing at the Olympics while Giroux gets three weeks off.

Stasis

I feel like I'm gonna have to get a 3DS XL to get my RPG on, and it's upsetting to me.

I definitely want Zelda. I'm interested in Bravely Default and Fire Emblem, but nothing else really matters to me on the system and from a technological standpoint I'd much prefer a Vita to go along with the PS4 I'll be getting down the line. /sigh

Var

I feel like I'm gonna have to get a 3DS XL to get my RPG on, and it's upsetting to me.

I definitely want Zelda. I'm interested in Bravely Default and Fire Emblem, but nothing else really matters to me on the system and from a technological standpoint I'd much prefer a Vita to go along with the PS4 I'll be getting down the line. /sigh

Vita has some good RPGs.

Giggzy

I'm expecting a pretty brutal game tonight. Probably like 6-1 or 6-0. Detroit will barely be able to muster a goal. Everything will be chip it in deep and have no one go get it. Pavel will try to do everything himself and get no where.

What? Really? I don't follow Detroit anymore since the relocation so I'm not sure how your team is looking, but you always give us a hard time. No way it'll be 6-1 or anything near that.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...ughts-western-conference-tougher-on-jets.html
16. The Colorado Avalanche laid waste to Dallas, 6-2 on Monday night, days after one competing exec said: "Thank God their defence isn't there yet because their forwards are outstanding and they're getting good goaltending." He added the Avalanche play with incredible tempo and are doing a great job of easing the pressure on their blue-line by quickly getting the puck out of their zone and down the ice.
I somewhat agree with this although I think we have a little work to do fixing up a few of our 3rd and 4th line spots. If Bigras pans out and Siemens can fill at least bottom pairing role that keeps Guenin out of the lineup next season I'll be a happy camper.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...ughts-western-conference-tougher-on-jets.html

I somewhat agree with this although I think we have a little work to do fixing up a few of our 3rd and 4th line spots. If Bigras pans out and Siemens can fill at least bottom pairing role that keeps Guenin out of the lineup next season I'll be a happy camper.

We just need a #1 d-man, everyone is playing above their roles, if we get a #1 everyone gets bumped down and can play the role they are more comfortable with. So we just wait for the Candadiens to alienate Subban further so he signs a short-term contract that puts him in UFA and we poach him.

pringles

What? Really? I don't follow Detroit anymore since the relocation so I'm not sure how your team is looking, but you always give us a hard time. No way it'll be 6-1 or anything near that.
The lineup is posted on the previous page. If mods haven't deleted it due to offensive content.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Wait, we have timezones and games n shit?

Add me for GMT-8 and uh, Pokemon X, SMT4, FE, Animal Crossing I guess. Although I'm not touching Animal Crossing again, while I still have to complete SMT4 and FE... and then you can never play enough Pokemon.
I think I have it locked because I didn't want any assholes screwing it up on purpose. Give me your number.

Fair guess given this is NHL-GAF.

Also wsox I don't have my 3DS on my atm, I'll add you....... Thursday.

Parch

So we just wait for the Canadiens to alienate Subban further so he signs a short-term contract that puts him in UFA and we poach him.
That wouldn't surprise me. Habs should have signed him long term when they had the chance. With the cap going up significantly for at least the next two years, it could now cost a lot more than they want to pay.

Players who recently signed long term probably made a mistake. Players who waited (Subban) and elite players due for a new contract (Kane, Toews, Stamkos) could hit the jackpot and get a major pay raise.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Subban criticism is based on his defensive play, or lack of it.
This isn't true at all, and has been following Subban for two years now. He's one of the top 2-3 two way d-men in the league and that includes defensively. The fact he's in Montreal, everything is blown up 100 times more including his mistakes. Look at this fucking awful turnover by Bouwmeester in a Habs game this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttHjmwzFTMM

If Subban pulls something like this, or his giveaway in the New Jersey game, everyone uses that as valid proof that he's risky, untrustworthy blah, blah.

Lol you have to admit, joke or not, that his post was duhm.

Yeah just giving you a hard time. Honestly I think it's probably because the Xbone draws more of the teens crowd than the PS4 seems to be as well. that demographic segment won't be able to afford it on their own more often than not.

Red_Man

Are the Coyotes still a boring as shit team to watch? I haven't seen a single game of theirs this year.

Are the Coyotes still a boring as shit team to watch? I haven't seen a single game of theirs this year.

Yes, but you can play the Mike Smith drinking game to liven it up. Every time he bitches about something, breaks something after a goal against or dives, take a drink.

I'm not responsible for you dying.

Honestly, I think the Canes have surpassed the yotes as the most irrelevant team.

kingslunk

I'm still waiting for most of my grades. Got the second A+ of my university career, so I got that going for me... There goes my... uh... not 4.0. Showoff. :p

Fuck going to a university that's a ridiculously hard grader.

Don't worry my undergrad GPA was lol. Just sucks that I made a B in the easiest class I took probably due to focusing on the other ones. I'm gonna email prof to find out what happened. Make sure it wasn't TA error.

Smiley90

Yes but they're pretty good.

This is basically the answer.

Yes, but you can play the Mike Smith drinking game to liven it up. Every time he bitches about something, breaks something after a goal against or dives, take a drink.

I'm not responsible for you dying.

Honestly, I think the Canes have surpassed the yotes as the most irrelevant team.

important disclaimer if you play this game. It's about as dangerous a game as playing the "drink every time John Garret talks about food" drinking game during Canucks games. It will NOT end well.

Also, the Canes and Perds probably share the title of "most irrelevant team" atm.

Don't worry my undergrad GPA was lol. Just sucks that I made a B in the easiest class I took probably due to focusing on the other ones. I'm gonna email prof to find out what happened. Make sure it wasn't TA error.

Ah right, you're in grad school. Nobody cares about grad school GPA's anyway though, so who cares :lol

Red_Man

Yotes, Blues, and Perds this week =/ Can we fast forward to Christmas instead?

Yes but they're pretty good.
Every time I check the standings in the West, I'm surprised to see their record. Quietly having a great season.

Socreges

Banned
Watching 24/7...

Holy crap at the empty seats at Joe Louis, and that's just lower bowl. But five minutes before they'd mentioned a 180th consecutive sellout? So do they give these tix away and hundreds don't bother showing up?

Smiley90

15/16 isn't such a bad final score!

You're a Blues fan. You're in no position to make fun of us and you know it.

:'(

Watching 24/7...

Holy crap at the empty seats at Joe Louis, and that's just lower bowl. But five minutes before they'd mentioned a 180th consecutive sellout? So do they give these tix away and hundreds don't bother showing up?

That's how it works with Rogers Arena too. Season tickets count as "sold", and lots of season ticket owners don't bother going.

Parch

There's nothing wrong with having a risk taker on the team. Subban takes risks but creates a lot of chances because of it. It's damn effective. Even worthy of a Norris.

But on Team Canada when you've got 4 lines of all-stars in front of the defense, I can totally understand if they're hesitant about having a risk taking defenceman. They can generate enough offence without that risk.

Probably should be there, but I understand if he's not.

Top Bottom