• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
British Columbia would have a pretty sick team at all positions. Bit weak at C, though.

We're fine at Defense, that's for sure. There's so many more NHL'ers that could make those 6 spots. Wiercoch, Franson, Brewer, Alzner, Dillon, Schultz, Reilly...

Smiley90

Gorges and Gallagher as well.

Habs would basically create an all star team from Quebec players.

Habs would get a Goalie-chart of

Luongo
Crawford
Brodeur
Bernier
Fleury
Giggy

lol. They'd probably get the best team overall, too.

He was born in Texas so I'm not sure if it counts.

Doesn't stop some Minnesotans list Kessel and Vanek on their because they played college at the U.

Hell, you'll occasionally see Crosby because he played at Shattuck in southern Minnesota. Smh.

Oh, and Minnesota would have great centers, okay wingers, fantastic defenders, and absolutely horrible goalies. There are no goalies coming out of here worth mentioning at all. And it blows.

Smiley90

Doesn't stop some Minnesotans list Kessel and Vanek on their because they played college at the U.

Hell, you'll occasionally see Crosby because he played at Shattuck in southern Minnesota. Smh.

Oh, and Minnesota would have great centers, okay wingers, fantastic defenders, and absolutely horrible goalies. There are no goalies coming out of here worth mentioning at all. And it blows.

You get........ Alex Stalock. COULD be worse. There are three California teams with 0 goalies. And they all have to share Brooks Orpik.

Socreges

Banned
Pretty weak start for 24/7. Just not enough interesting personalities or storylines.

They teased some Awkward Kessel, though. They know they've got him in their back pocket.

Also, Ontario > Quebec. Regardless of Mike Smith being their best goalie.

Osorio

George Parros and Kyle Palmieri to go with JVR and Bobby Ryan

They'd have their work cut out for them with no D and no goalie.

MacKinnon played for Shattuck as well. :p

Parch

British Columbia would have a pretty sick team at all positions. Bit weak at C, though.
Screw the World Cup. Canada should have a real Canada Cup with a tournament of provinces. Little unfair for maritime provinces, so let them field one team.

Watching last nights game, Yeah PetroCanada is Canada's best all around dman. Hes a step ahead of everyone on the ice, except for Norrisson who prolly had his best game of all season.

Karlsson has an offensive step up on Petro and I don't think that Petro is ever going to close that gap, but Petro carries our D and has for years. Now that he has a genuine #2 to pair with, it's only going to get better.

I know that there's team boundaries to cross here, but I doubt that Canada has any problems with that pairing at the end of the day. I'm not looking forward to being on the other end of it for sure.

If the Blues had to ice players from Missouri, that would mean the return of Cam Janssen. I have to puke now.

Offensive Dynamo Brandon Bollig?

Var

Vegas would be an awful choice. Wasn't Kansas City supposedly near the top of the list to get an expansion team? I haven't heard anything about that in a while. All anyone mentions is Seattle and Quebec.

Parch

Bettman is apparently "listening" to expansion offers, which probably means he's waiting for some rich bugger to show up with a ridiculous offer. He doesn't care if it's Las Vegas, KC, Seattle or wherever. Then that offer will set the bar for the 2nd expansion, which I'm betting will be in the Toronto area.

Bettman really doesn't want another small market Winnipeg situation, so Quebec City is the last resort if 2 other expansion choices don't pan out.

Either way, I'm betting there's going to be 32 NHL teams sooner than later.

Marvie_3

Banned
Didn't the Blackhawks draft some guy from Chicago in the first round last year?

Illinois will start producing NHLers in the next decade or so I bet.
Hartman was their 1st round pick last year. They drafted a couple other kids from Chicago last year too.
Vegas would be an awful choice. Wasn't Kansas City supposedly near the top of the list to get an expansion team? I haven't heard anything about that in a while. All anyone mentions is Seattle and Quebec.

Kansas City isn't getting a team. Their name gets thrown around as leverage.

Bettman is apparently "listening" to expansion offers, which probably means he's waiting for some rich bugger to show up with a ridiculous offer. He doesn't care if it's Las Vegas, KC, Seattle or wherever. Then that offer will set the bar for the 2nd expansion, which I'm betting will be in the Toronto area.

Bettman really doesn't want another small market Winnipeg situation, so Quebec City is the last resort if 2 other expansion choices don't pan out.

Either way, I'm betting there's going to be 32 NHL teams sooner than later.
Wrong.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Finals done, time for beer, Leafs and pizza, haven't eaten in 10hours @-@!
Just don't throw up from our performance. And come to the meet up if you can to blow off some steam and so we can see you're not a Forza alt...or a Greekboy alt...or a Peins alt.

Let's mess these cats UP!

Top Bottom