• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Samyy

Where you headed?

India! Cousins wedding, should be a good time. Sadly seems like due to my return flight getting changed I'm missing the winter classic, though it may be nice to get away from the Leafs for a few games...

And yea my friend was telling the endgame wasnt super but I guess I'm just going to breed a decent team.

Socreges

Banned
Hmm might be able to talk my gf into going in halfers on a WiiU when MK8 and DKCTF release... Hoping bundles drop to $200 soon, but probably not.

I bred my first 5 IV last night, a Charmander.

I don't have the patience for that haha. Already had a box and a half of Eevees (they're pretty popular on the GTS though). Too bad Eevee-lutions aren't great in battle. I should probably cross-breed Wish onto a couple.

Luckily I got Pokerus from a wild Azumarill so that made EV training a lot easier.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I agree, but gotta start somewhere.

They really want to dish Del Zotto, but nobody is offering what they want right now. Maybe when people get desperate by the Olympic freeze or trade deadline.
Eklund said MDZ for Diaz + Prospect, which mean's NY is going to trade him to Nashville for a 4th round pick.

Cake Boss

Banned
jnZJgg49BtT23.jpg

Ducks fly together mang!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dreger's saying the Leafs are interested in MDZ now too, with the Rangers wanting someone like Cody Franson in exchange.

Red_Man

Methot is a healthy scratch? I remember when he got invited to the Team Canad Olympic orientation.....lol

Silexx

Methot is a healthy scratch? I remember when he got invited to the Team Canad Olympic orientation.....lol

It's the talk of the town right now, but I don't think it's being done without good reason.

Methot lost 7 pounds in a matter of days because of 2 flings with the flu in this month alone. Even though he's ready to play, my guess is that coaching staff doesn't want to throw him immediately into a back-to-back games situation, plus it allows them to ride out Ceci's hot streak.

WAT? Yeah, MacLean might be making some questionable descisions but Methot is not getting taken off the top pairing any time soon. As long as Ceci and Cowen play well there's no reason to rush him back in. Especially against the Devils.

Var

All over twitter:

BREAKING: #stlblues and Alexander Steen agree in principle to 3-year, $17.4 million contract extension ($5.8 AAV)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
All over twitter:

BREAKING: #stlblues and Alexander Steen agree in principle to 3-year, $17.4 million contract extension ($5.8 AAV)

There's no way this could possibly backfire.

edit: on the bright side, only 3 years. so even if he can't keep up his one-year performance, they're not on the hook for too long.

Red_Man

All over twitter:

I'm surprised he didn't wait longer and only took 3 years, Holmgren would have given him 7 years $8 AAV. Too much money for a guy who's been on fire for 33 games.

Stasis

Dreger's saying the Leafs are interested in MDZ now too, with the Rangers wanting someone like Cody Franson in exchange.

I know nothing about Franson. Offensive-oriented RHD with some physicality? Or are my assumptions just silly? I feel like I've seen him pop up in a few Leafs fans trade proposals. So he's under-performing? Not living up to expectations?

I'd prefer something like the Eklund mentioned Diaz + prospect, depending on the prospect. Diaz as a stop gap righty until Big Mac's ready. Though with Staal out (and potentially having issues even when he's in), trading DZ for a righty would leave our left side as McD and Moore? Eh.

Red_Man

Diaz is fine as a 5-6 puck moving D man, and can move the puck on the PP, but can't hit the net for shit, and starts to falter if he's put into the top 4. He's played on the #1 PK unit all year which has been fantastic too. Needs to be moved though, Habs have too many guys in the AHL ready to make the jump that will be better then him.

calder

Any 3 year contract for a player under 30 (although barely), pretty much no matter the yearly dollars, won't be a terrible contract. Not a bargain by any means, but a good contract for the Blues.

Still....

Robert Cleave@rmcleave 9 mins
Alex Steen's a really good player. He sure did pick a good time to shoot at twice his career percentage, though.

I'd correct him and say "He sure did pick a good time to play the Jets 3 times though". :p

Acid08

Banned
All over twitter:

Meh. He's good but I don't know if he's worth that much. Blues aren't loaded with snipers though so good for them.

Samyy

Rogers deal is going to inflate numbers btw.
Steen probably didnt want long term because he might get more in 3 years even with his regular play.

Red_Man

Rogers deal is going to inflate numbers btw.
Steen probably didnt want long term because he might get more in 3 years even with his regular play.
Huh? He's playing way above his numbers, chances are great he's going to regress quite a bit after this season. I imagine he took the discount on years for a chance to win a cup in St. Louis.

Holiday

Banned
I can't complain about the Steen contract. The Blues need him badly for the next couple of years, whether he can sustain this level of play or not.

They still need centers though.

Samyy

Huh? He's playing way above his numbers, chances are great he's going to regress quite a bit after this season. I imagine he took the discount on years for a chance to win a cup in St. Louis.

Well with the cap projections its going to be a lot of money for players anyway, gotta look at cap % more then the cap hit itself I guess. I think he would get around the same cap % hit unless St. Louis gets a top center.

TUSR

Banned
I think it's a fair contract for steen.

Also, people are going bananas in that Zelda warriors thread about how feminine link looks. C'mon people, don't you have better shit to do.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I know nothing about Franson. Offensive-oriented RHD with some physicality? Or are my assumptions just silly? I feel like I've seen him pop up in a few Leafs fans trade proposals. So he's under-performing? Not living up to expectations?

I'd prefer something like the Eklund mentioned Diaz + prospect, depending on the prospect. Diaz as a stop gap righty until Big Mac's ready. Though with Staal out (and potentially having issues even when he's in), trading DZ for a righty would leave our left side as McD and Moore? Eh.

franson had 29 points last year (this was top 5 defense scoring iirc) had a good +/- (edit:double checked... He did have a ridiculous +/- but he crashed back to earth near the end of the year)

he's on pace for 40~ points this year even though he's slumping pretty hard

he's popped up because he keeps asking foe $4+ and leafs keep turning him down saying he needs to do a bridge contract and we have had these stalemates 2 years in a row now

he's kinda underrated by leafs fans because he's prone to some really bad mistakes...

Top Bottom