• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Russia won 11-0? Lawlz.

Canada-Vitkovice will be on TSN!

Sweden-Switzerland WJC in 10mins! (I think?)

Acid banned outside of the bubble. Man down. I repeat, MAN DOWN!!!!!!!!

Ouch, don't tell me it was the drug thread

So I finally got NHL 14 (thanks to the $15 PSN sale a couple weeks ago) and just got around to playing it. After returning from the store (I had to go buy a compass to find my way out of the menu screens and into an actual game), I cannot figure out how in the world to win a faceoff.

Anyone?

You're playing as Detroit aren't you? That might be your problem.

Crazed the combat in Ryse is actually pretty challenging and rewarding on the highest difficulty. Also online trying to get your combo up really forces you to play super aggressively while also not getting hit at all. It really is amazingly well done.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Finally setting up my ps4 tonight. My gf got me NFS and I'm gonna upgrade my ps3 copy of AC4 too. I got her a copy of Knack to mess around with too. Next gen am arrived

Why is Acid banned?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Finally setting up my ps4 tonight. My gf got me NFS and I'm gonna upgrade my ps3 copy of AC4 too. I got her a copy of Knack to mess around with too. Next gen am arrived

Why is Acid banned?

NFS is amazing and I really like Knack, although I guess I'm in the minority.

Crazed the combat in Ryse is actually pretty challenging and rewarding on the highest difficulty. Also online trying to get your combo up really forces you to play super aggressively while also not getting hit at all. It really is amazingly well done.

I started to notice that as I played more and more yesterday, game is really fun right now and I'm enjoying the campaign quite a bit, just wish it was longer because I only have 3 chapters left. But yeah there is quite a bit to the combat especially balancing out your execution rewards and trying to time blocks and rolls when you have multiple enemies around you, and which characters to focus on or dwindle the weaker ones away and then focus on the heavy units. Still has some flaws but I don't believe the reviews told the full story for this game.

I cannot deal with the people in that 3D world dislike thread. Even the ones arguing for 3D world are having serious issues making sense. "I like 3D World therefore Mario 64 is shit". Wat.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just scoured through multiple pages of acids posts

I really don't know why he was banned, but my money is on the FF6 thread, I think. And then a mod probably saw his NHL GAF or Persona post history then sniped him. None of it is really ban worthy IMO

but what the hell do I know

I really don't know why he was banned, but my money is on the FF6 thread, I think. And then a mod probably saw his NHL GAF or Persona post history then sniped him. None of it is really ban worthy IMO

Outside the bubble is just unsafe, even your history can kill you (if that is what it is or part of it).

AcridMeat

Banned

Yep that's it.

Garbage ban too. He's only gone until the 29th though.

Var

Jagr is crazy:

"I wear no socks in practice. I wear two socks in games. Strange, huh? And I tell you why, because I don't want to feel good in practice. I want to feel bad so the game is mentally helping me when I feel a lot better than practice. That's why I do it. I got no socks in practice. I got two socks in games."

Marvie_3

Banned
Acid :(

pouring-out-liquor.gif

Jagr is crazy:

"I wear no socks in practice. I wear two socks in games. Strange, huh? And I tell you why, because I don't want to feel good in practice. I want to feel bad so the game is mentally helping me when I feel a lot better than practice. That's why I do it. I got no socks in practice. I got two socks in games."
He is crazy. I never wear socks in my skates.

manfestival

Just become a panthers fan I hear they're giving away season tickets if you show up and watch baseball on the jumbotron or whatever they have, taped together tube tvs?

Meh that too far , plus I have always been into the lightning. Maybe not as dedicated as lately but yeah. We need continue our dominance of the panthers. I really do want tickets to the next lightning home games but they are all like $50 a pop :(

I miss the good ol days of cheap tickets. Even my playoff ticket from like 3 years ago was $35

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Please tell me SOMEONE watched that Canada-Vitkovice game, because it was actually pretty goddamn entertaining.

5-4 Canada after being down 3-4 into the third!

Also, Alexandre Bolduc scored. So... Yay for former Canucks I guess.

One game left tomorrow: HC Davos - Vitkovice. Fans should be good.

EDIT: I wear 1 or 2 pairs of socks in my skates as well. Tighter fit and more comfortable.

Top Bottom