• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Miller has been best. By far. On a ridiculously bad team, too. He'll start, but I was hoping to see Schneider and Quick (with Bishop in if Quick remains injured) as the backups.
Schneider never had a chance at a starter position, and being a 3rd string goalie on an Olympic team means jack shit, unless both guys in front go down with injuries which is pretty unlikely.

I feel a bit better about Canada's chances now. Luongo's injury doesn't seem serious and he and Price are playing well this year.

Just hope that Stamkos is ready.

ZeroGravity

I feel a bit better about Canada's chances now. Luongo's injury doesn't seem serious and he and Price are playing well this year.

Just hope that Stamkos is ready.
I'm betting he'll probably be ready to play by then, but who knows how effective he's actually going to be. Would be great to have for the powerplay, at least.

Red_Man

Lightning were the third highest scoring team in the league last year. They also finished third worst in the standings.

Bishop is the difference.
No doubt Bishop has been huge for the Lightning, but I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that Tampa is worse then Buffalo in every regard, especially defensively. Tampa actually has structure to their game.

Curufinwe

Glad Canada won to take some of the pressure of Laughton. In the small part of the game I saw at lunch all I saw him really do was hit a guy with a baseball swing on a penalty kill.

ZeroGravity

No doubt Bishop has been huge for the Lightning, but I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that Tampa is worse then Buffalo in every regard, especially defensively. Tampa actually has structure to their game.
Cooper has been a big reason for the success as well, but this team just crumbled every time a bad goal went in the last two years. That doesn't happen anymore, because Bishop rarely lets one in.

Lightning were the third highest scoring team in the league last year. They also finished third worst in the standings.

Bishop is the difference.

Miller has far less to work with on the Sabres roster than Bishop does with the Lightning. How he's been able to put up those save percentages on that team is fucking mystifying in every regard.

Miller has far less to work with on the Sabres roster than Bishop does with the Lightning. How he's been able to put up those save percentages on that team is fucking mystifying in every regard.

We put 50 shots on him yesterday and only got 1 goal :(

Ovi had 12 :lol

Osorio

Team USA goalies are Howard, Quick and Miller.

No Schneider makes me sad. Maybe he'll move up if Quick is still injured? IMHO he should've been picked above Howard, though.

Schneider's been outstanding. He's made a few gaffes but most of them have been from him trying to emulate Marty's stickhandling abilities. However, that wouldn't be necessary on a much more skilled USA team. Maybe he's overlooked being here, since Greene should definitely get a sniff at playing on the Olympic squad.

ZeroGravity

Miller has definitely been great, not disputing that. But Bishop really covers for Tampa's mistakes and masks how bad a team they could potentially be, especially without Stamkos. The Lightning have played most of this season with 7-8 rookies in the line-up every night.

Fei

Howard getting the spot over Bishop is laughable.

Miller is having a career year at 33 on the worst team in the league. I feel bad for the guy. I will be shocked if he isn't the Team USA starter.

After the whole Raptor Jesus thing and meeting Peverley.. I went to get a legit Peverley jersey autographed this morning :D

1486552_10152090575345399_1147039648_n.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Team Canada can't handle Lombardi

Damn Turtlesnatcher, that story keeps getting better and better! Congratz man!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched the 3rd episode of 24/7. Thought it was pretty good. Was hoping it was a drunk Bertuzzi at the Alfies door rather than Santa.

Team USA goalies are Howard, Quick and Miller.

No Schneider makes me sad. Maybe he'll move up if Quick is still injured? IMHO he should've been picked above Howard, though.

Quick is still recovering but traveling with the Kings so I'd assume his return is imminent. Agree with you on the Schneider over Howard choice.

Curufinwe

Of course, but I feel that the Devils are making that scenario more likely by making him be the backup to a 41 year old. Wherever Schneider goes, I'm sure being the undispusted #1 will be key.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Of course, but I feel that the Devils are making that scenario more likely by making him be the backup to a 41 year old. Wherever Schneider goes, I'm sure being the undispusted #1 will be key.

Toronto?
I keeeed

Seriously though, if he bolts and Horvat turns out the way he looks like he will........ the devils dun goofed. Brodeur should've just retired.

Sanjuro

After the whole Raptor Jesus thing and meeting Peverley.. I went to get a legit Peverley jersey autographed this morning :D

1486552_10152090575345399_1147039648_n.jpg

I feel like before the end of the season you're going to wake up hungover next to him in bed. Hockey players are the most down to earth people in comparison to the other athletes in the major four.

Miss having Peverley on the team, but I can't deny my Reilly Smith lust. He is just the perfect man.

Red_Man

Seriously doubt Schneider would bolt, it's not going to be like this forever. Brodeur is almost finished.

Sanjuro

I like Schneider quite a bit, but right now there is no large gap contrasting their performances. It's still Martin Brodeur. He is largely the only notable thing about that entire franchise.

How Gudbranson found out he broke his orbital bone:
Then when he got hit in the face with a puck in Winnipeg, he actually returned after getting stitched up and finished the game. On the plane ride home he blew his nose and blew out his orbital bone, which required surgery. He's on the mend.

Jesus.

Top Bottom