• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Curious as to why Therrien hid Galcheynuk from the B's, wonder if it's a trust issue or if he was just afraid of him getting killed. Bournival is so good, he needs to be on one of the top 3 lines.

:lol I forgot about this gif.

To think, a few weeks ago we were ready to set fire to Therrien's house.
Gotta eat crow on this, Therrien has made some fantastic coaching decisions these past couple weeks, really turned it up a notch. Seeing him giving Subban the praise he deserves is great to see too.

Socreges

Banned
Examples? I've relatively been the neutral one, so maybe you're thinking of other posters. The only one issue I've stuck to my guns is the Chara/Patches hit, as I thought it was devastating, yet not intentional into the sanction.
Chara/Patches, Lucic/Miller, Thomas/Obama, Marchand/Salo. That's just what comes to mind. :p

Sanjuro

Chara/Patches, Lucic/Miller, Thomas/Obama, Marchand/Salo. That's just what comes to mind. :p

I don't like Miller because he is a fraud. That one was embellished.

I didn't think the Salo hit was devastating, but needless and stupid. Salo is a great guy.

Thomas/Obama!? I have no attachment to Obama when I'm living comfortably on my RomneyCare.

PatrikBerglundFall1.gif

berglund_wiff.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Bournival played 14mins tonight, nice. I like him with Gionta and Plek, he was always well positioned, but I'm not sure I like not seeing Brière with those two. So I don't know if it changes something.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bournival played 14mins tonight, nice. I like him with Gionta and Plek, he was always well positioned, but I'm not sure I like not seeing Brière with those two. So I don't know if it changes something.
His speed and forechecking is fantastic, seeing him strip Chara of the puck was glorious. He needs to play more.

I started playing a link between worlds and hey we're losing by 1 now

I was watching Caprica during intermission then decided to turn back to the game at the start of the 2nd. I don't know why I didn't give up.

Edit: Dang, would like to end this period down by one. Varly has been so weak this game.

Vman

They gave up a 1st round pick for him, they obviously think they can re-sign him.

Ya but the isles thought they were going to be good. Why would Vanek re-sign? I assume he would be a deadline trade if they can't sign him. I guess i answered my own question lol

Ya but the isles thought they were going to be good. Why would Vanek re-sign? I assume he would be a deadline trade if they can't sign him. I guess i answered my own question lol

I've seen some Islander fans clinging to the hope that he stays there in order to play with Tavares.

And while I'm sure it's plausible, I really don't know if it's that big of a deal. I mean, Tavares is good and all, but the rest of that team leaves something to be desired. He could go somewhere like St Louis, or San Jose, or even Minnesota and while he would be with a lesser centerman, he would be on a better overall team.

Or, hell, he could go to a team with an (arguably) better center. Like Tampa Bay. They've got 12 million in cap space and great weather on their side. I could definitely see Vanek signing there to play with Stammer. And it would really push them over the top. MSL + Vanek + Stammer + Drouin would be pretty fun to watch I think.

But really, I could see him being dealt at the deadline to return the Isles a 1st + whatever, and then probably not signing unless they win a cup or get close to it. For whatever reason I really believe that he's going to test free agency. Just a gut feeling.

Vman

I've seen some Islander fans clinging to the hope that he stays there in order to play with Tavares.

And while I'm sure it's plausible, I really don't know if it's that big of a deal. I mean, Tavares is good and all, but the rest of that team leaves something to be desired. He could go somewhere like St Louis, or San Jose, or even Minnesota and while he would be with a lesser centerman, he would be on a better overall team.

Or, hell, he could go to a team with an (arguably) better center. Like Tampa Bay. They've got 12 million in cap space and great weather on their side. I could definitely see Vanek signing there to play with Stammer. And it would really push them over the top. MSL + Vanek + Stammer + Drouin would be pretty fun to watch I think.

But really, I could see him being dealt at the deadline to return the Isles a 1st + whatever, and then probably not signing unless they win a cup or get close to it. For whatever reason I really believe that he's going to test free agency. Just a gut feeling.

i think its a guarantee he tests free agency unless he gets traded to a team and loves it i.e. long playoff run

Animal

Banned
Just had a thought that I should be participating in GAF NHL threads.

HABS BEAT BRUINS!!!111!!1

Where do I sign for my habsgaf jacket?

Welcome brother, bask in the Habs glory for now

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Monkey+hugs+tiem_e6b90b_4250068.gif[/OMG]

They're 7 spots out of a wild card spot now, going to need a hell of a run to get in.[/QUOTE]
lol I was talking to the new guy about after hours

Our season's fucked

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm in it for the glory: blood, missing teeth, playoff beards, don cherry fashion and all.

Thanks brother. I'm tanning fabulously in our sun-like aura of radiating glory.

you guys think this one's ready?

8-2 absolutely fucking brutal and we lost Hejda for who knows how long. Roy better lay into them tonight so they are ready for tomorrow.

Top Bottom