• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

What the fuck happened Avs?

They played like complete shit, had four days off to get rusty and we lost our best defensive d-man to injury, but those are not valid excuses for being bent over by the Oilers.

Edit: Yeah Hejda going back to Denver, that's a bad sign.

McBlabb talkin' bout Varlamov not having a bad game. Fucking just shut up already guy. Everyone was bad and we might as well just give Dubnyk the Vezina while we're at it, right? I knew we were going to play down to Edmonton, we always fucking do. Still pissed about it.

McBlabb talkin' bout Varlamov not having a bad game. Fucking just shut up already guy. Everyone was bad and we might as well just give Dubnyk the Vezina while we're at it, right? I knew we were going to play down to Edmonton, we always fucking do. Still pissed about it.

Haha is that post game stuff? I turned it off when it was 6-2, don't know how you can stand it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait hang on a second the Avs lost 8-2?!? EIGHT TO TWO? wtf?!? Last time I checked it was 5-2 and that was already looking awful. Jesus christ.

also, wtf does

16:10 COL Marc-Andre Cliche Not proc. to dress.rm. - bench - 2 min against Nail Yakupov

mean. Penalty for not proceeding to the dressing room? what? Is that a penalty against Roy for yelling or what?

Wait hang on a second the Avs lost 8-2?!? EIGHT TO TWO? wtf?!? Last time I checked it was 5-2 and that was already looking awful. Jesus christ.

also, wtf does

16:10 COL Marc-Andre Cliche Not proc. to dress.rm. - bench - 2 min against Nail Yakupov

mean. Penalty for not proceeding to the dressing room? what? Is that a penalty against Roy for yelling or what?

Refs were calling basically anything when any of the Oilers fell, I don't even remember Cliche being in the box. It was a whirlwind of fucking stupidity everywhere.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ok guys, I'm gonna say it, Paul MacLean has lost the room. Not only that, he's lost his mind as well. Chris Phillips is not a PP quarterback on any legit team. And the 3rd and 4th liners + Jared Cowen must have naked pics of MacLean or something because I definitely can't explain his love for playing them so much.

Travis Yost put it best on his blog tonight.

Smiley90

Refs were calling basically anything when any of the Oilers fell, I don't even remember Cliche being in the box. It was a whirlwind of fucking stupidity everywhere.

That was a serious question. I honestly don't understand what that description stands for. :lol

Cake Boss

Banned
Ok guys, I'm gonna say it, Paul MacLean has lost the room. Not only that, he's lost his mind as well. Chris Phillips is not a PP quarterback on any legit team. And the 3rd and 4th liners + Jared Cowen must have naked pics of MacLean or something because I definitely can't explain his love for playing them so much.

Flash pls its clearly Bryan Murrays fault and the fans faults / Kernal.

When Corvo is an obvious top 4 choice your defense is fucking up.

Holy shit, the Avs lost 8-2 to the Oilers, how did I miss that

QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT.

spiderman_crying.gif

Animal

Banned
Alright then, new guy. Give it your best shot.

Find the most fucked up (think close to banworthy if it was posted anywhere else on GAF) picture you can find and post it here. We'll wait.

Don't haze me bro!

I feel that Television doesn't capture the more epic struggles that occur on and off the ice:
cat-eat-sneezes.gif

Samyy

Do the AVs have any defensive depth in terms of promising prospects or anything? If that team builds up a solid d-core as well they will be scary.

Smiley90

Don't haze me bro!

I feel that Television doesn't capture the more epic struggles that occur on and off the ice:

Making fun of Kave isn't gonna help you. Actually, it might. Welcome! :p

also wtf

06:48 EDM Corey Potter Match - deliberate injury - 2 min
18:39 EDM David Perron Match - deliberate injury - 2 min
13:02 EDM David Perron Goalie leave crease - 2 min against Tyson Barrie
16:32 EDM Martin Marincin Goalie leave crease

WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS GAME?!?

TWO match penalties for deliberate injuries?
Cliche gets a penalty for "not proceeding to the dressing room", whatever the hell that's supposed to be

Then Perron gets a GOALIE LEAVING THE CREASE penalty... after he got a match penalty earlier in the game? Then 3mins later ANOTHER Oilers SKATER gets a goalie leave the crease penalty?!?

Either that game was all kinds of messed up or NHL.com lost all its marbles. I'm guessing both.

Do the AVs have any defensive depth in terms of promising prospects or anything? If that team builds up a solid d-core as well they will be scary.

Chris Bigras, Barrie if he shapes the fuck up. Elliott? I dunno. We've got SOME players to wait on, but now that Hejda is down we need to trade McGinn for someone fast.

Making fun of Kave isn't gonna help you. Actually, it might. Welcome! :p

also wtf

06:48 EDM Corey Potter Match - deliberate injury - 2 min
18:39 EDM David Perron Match - deliberate injury - 2 min
13:02 EDM David Perron Goalie leave crease - 2 min against Tyson Barrie
16:32 EDM Martin Marincin Goalie leave crease

WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS GAME?!?

TWO match penalties for deliberate injuries?
Cliche gets a penalty for "not proceeding to the dressing room", whatever the hell that's supposed to be

Then Perron gets a GOALIE LEAVING THE CREASE penalty... after he got a match penalty earlier in the game? Then 3mins later ANOTHER Oilers SKATER gets a goalie leave the crease penalty?!?

Either that game was all kinds of messed up or NHL.com lost all its marbles. I'm guessing both.

Like I said dude, penalties everywhere. Most of the time it seemed like the refs were just calling anything they wanted as soon as an Oiler hit the ice. It was a really stupid game all around. Refs were as bad as our defense.

Why do the Avs have to lose big when they lose

This team has a way of giving up when we're down 3-4 goals. Tonight was a little bit different though, instead of giving up they played desperate with defense jumping into plays for the entire 3rd period. Oilers didn't have to do much to capitalize on it cause none of our point shots ever get through. After Hejda went down tonight I knew it was going to be terrible, our defense is finally normalizing but Hejda and Johnson are still playing great. Everyone else sucks major ass. If Hejda is out for long, which he may be because it appeared to be a knee injury, we are fucked. Need to trade for some defense very quickly.

Cue Crazed proposing to shovel Wings trash over here for Mac/Duchene/Landy and a HJ courtesy of one Datsyuk.

Smiley90

This would make a great gif if you replaced the heads with team logos.

Also, watching World's End for the first time now.

Pierce Brosnan is in this?!? :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I like that NOBODY from Rangers-GAF seemed to give enough of a shit about tonight's game to comment at all.

We won 3-1, btw. So yay, we can still beat the worst team in the league.

QWrd4Hy.png

Oh, and Ryan McDonagh is on a 5 game point streak and is 10th in the NHL among defensemen in points. On a team that doesn't score.

Smiley90

I like that NOBODY from Rangers-GAF seemed to give enough of a shit about tonight's game to comment at all.

We won 3-1, btw. So yay, we can still beat the worst team in the league.

QWrd4Hy.png

They sound so..... defeated. :lol (pun not intended)

Sad reflection on society that an actor dying gets a thread 25+ pages longer than Nelson Mandela dying. :/

shit, Nelson Mandela died? I was at work and didn't realize it. fuck.

This has much more of an impact on me than Paul fucking Walker. No offense, but... seriously.

Said the exact same thing to some other gaffers today too. Oh well.

TUSR

Banned
Sad reflection on society that an actor dying gets a thread 25+ pages longer than Nelson Mandela dying. :/

Im trying to word this without sounding like a fuck head...

Mandela was 95 and his death wasn't a real surprise, whereas the media and speculation from Paul Walker's death really drove that thread.

They sound so..... defeated. :lol (pun not intended)

Said the exact same thing to some other gaffers today too. Oh well.

I know. still.

Mandela was 95 and his death wasn't a real surprise, whereas the media and speculation from Paul Walker's death really drove that thread.

Understandable, but Mandela was wayyyy more relevant to history than Walker. He had a profound impact on so many people.

Acid08

Banned

Yeah. My facebook feed was full of "ugh how could anyone give a shit about Paul Walker with Nelson Mandela dying too????"

Comparing deaths to try to gain moral superiority over others, super classy. Definitely in the spirit of what their hero Mandela stood for.

TUSR

Banned
I know. still.

Understandable, but Mandela was wayyyy more relevant to history than Walker. He had a profound impact on so many people.

Mandela was actually relevant to history. I don't disagree in the slightest.

Yeah. My facebook feed was full of "ugh how could anyone give a shit about Paul Walker with Nelson Mandela dying too????"

Comparing deaths to try gain moral superiority over others, super classy. Definitely in the spirit of what their hero Mandela stood for.

Bunch of tools.

Comparing deaths to try to gain moral superiority over others, super classy. Definitely in the spirit of what their hero Mandela stood for.

I'm not trying to gain moral superiority. Not sure why you think I am. I just think Mandela is a much more important part of history and by extension, the world we live in and grew up in. That illicits more of a response from me, at least. Walker's was more sudden and tragic, but... I dunno. I'll sound like an absolute dick here, but I find it difficult to care AS much as that as I do about Mandela.

Honestly it's a good thing if threads like that aren't too long. If they aren't it's generally because the got shitted up.

On a related note, it 4 est, fuck you Civ V

Smiley90

I'm not saying people can't give a shit about Paul Walker. I'm saying it's a sad state of affairs when the death of an actor famous for one not-even-impactful movie series causes more grief and sadness and social media outcry than the death of arguably one of the most important and impactful people of the 20th century.

I'm not saying they can't grief more for Walker than Mandela. But I AM judging them.

Honestly it's a good thing if threads like that aren't too long. If they aren't it's generally because the got shitted up.

I was contemplating messaging you on steam to tell you what time it is, just in case you'd forgotten that time exists. :lol

I just showed a friend PSO:BB today and got myself hooked back into it again. I had fucking 150 hours in that game from 5-6 years ago. Amazed they still had it stored on their servers.

Such a great game.

Edit: Essentially what smiley said. Except I'm not really judging them. Maybe shake my head a bit, but it doesn't impact my opinion on the person.

Top Bottom