• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

ZeroGravity

Drouin officially diagnosed with a mild concussion.

Hopefully it's an actual mild concussion and not a Sidney Crosby mild concussion.

Drouin officially diagnosed with a mild concussion.

Hopefully it's an actual mild concussion and not a Sidney Crosby mild concussion.

Erne is a piece of shit even if he is Drouin's teammate In the NHL.

Teams are gonna beg Bettman to be staying in the East. Detroit's probably gonna get the boot, which will make the quality difference even bigger.

It'll be Columbus waaay before Detroit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Erne is a piece of shit even if he is Drouin's teammate In the NHL.

It'll be Columbus waaay before Detroit.

Why? Quebec would have to join the Atlantic probably, which would mean a team from the Atlantic would be the one to move, or they'll have 9 teams. And Detroit is more west (okay, close?) than Columbus anyway.

Why? Quebec would have to join the Atlantic probably, which would mean a team from the Atlantic would be the one to move, or they'll have 9 teams. And Detroit is more west (okay, close?) than Columbus anyway.

Detroit is a much more profitable market than Columbus.

Smiley90

Detroit is a much more profitable market than Columbus.

And that's why they can't be moved to the West? I don't follow.

Which team would move from the Atlantic to the Metropolitan then? If it's the Sabres then the Metropolitan becomes even more of a joke than it already is.

EDIT: Bruins would make the most sense from a geographical&skill-wise viewpoint.

Which team would move from the Atlantic to the Metropolitan then? If it's the Sabres then the Metropolitan becomes even more of a joke than it already is.

Moving the significantly more profitable Eastern timezone team to the West being a bad idea doesn't make sense you? Come on now. Detroit playing game after game starting at 8/9/10pm.

There's a lot of options, including a reshuffle of Tampa and Florida (unless the Canadian snowbirds are too valuable to these teams).

Smiley90

ALL 5 goals in the Phi-Dallas game have happened while Dallas was on the powerplay.

Shorthanded goal for Philly
FOUR powerplay goals for Dallas

what the fuck?

EDIT: Okay NHL.com fucked up, they removed the SHG/PPG tags. That was weird.

Var

ALL 5 goals in the Phi-Dallas game have happened while Dallas was on the powerplay.

Shorthanded goal for Philly
FOUR powerplay goals for Dallas

what the fuck?

Nah, that isn't right.

Edit: I am salty as hell right now. Getting drunk on 9 dollar beer.

Also Smelly, there was a really really good site for expansion / relocation math and maps that I posted last year. I'll try to find it, but it explains every detail of possible moves, expansions and reshuffling of conferences in gorey detail.

EDIT: Bruins would make the most sense from a geographical&skill-wise viewpoint.

Florida teams

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Remember when Boston traded Sequin away because he partied too much and didn't take runs at people? Good times.

Imagine Nichushkin with the Sedins. Canucks could've drafted him.
Hard to tell now because Borvat is a great prospect, but Nichushkin looks so good, I was hoping Bergevin would trade up to get him.

TUSR

Banned
8n1xrFE.jpg

i dont even care if this has been shared before.

2 gud

Cake Boss

Banned
It was dumb as shit when they did it in the summer and now it looks even more dumb, giving up on a 20 year old kid that quick because hes not one of their 20 goons they already have.

There's a thread on least favorite memes from the year in off-topic and the overuse of salt has been mentioned by quite a few people.

Pretty excited to see trailers for unannounced games, Destiny, Titanfall and most of all Witcher 3 tonight. Don't care about the actual awards as there's so many video game awards it's trivial.

Red_Man

Damn it Philly.

Edit; Why people gotta be so salty about the use of salt?
Who was the poster in here who complained about us using "salty"? I think he might have been an Oilers / Flames fan ironically enough.

Sanjuro

Remember when Boston traded Sequin away because he partied too much and didn't take runs at people? Good times.

It was a combination of that and he simply wasn't productive. Never lived up to his potential.

I'd like Sanjuro to field this one

What? I liked Seguin, but I thought the trade was fair. In a perfect world he would have succeeded at the center position here.

Red_Man

It was a combination of that and he simply wasn't productive. Never lived up to his potential.
32 points in 48 games as a 20 year old isn't being productive?

Eriksson has roughly played up to the level of Seguin to this point, also was concussed.
30 points in 27 games compared to 14 in 23. "Roughly" playing up to his level.

Sequins on pace for 46 goals right now.

Sanjuro

32 points in 48 games as a 20 year old isn't being productive?

30 points in 27 games compared to 14 in 23. "Roughly" playing up to his level.

Sequins on pace for 46 goals right now.

Considering his performance a season prior, no, he wasn't being productive. He was completely lost in the postseason run.

To this point last year, Seguin had 7G / 8A. Eriksson has 5G / 9A. It's very comparable.

I understand why Boston made the trade, but damn, Seguin is something else.

Yup. Sucks, always knew he was something special. Just wish it worked out here.

Red_Man

Considering his performance a season prior, no, he wasn't being productive. He was completely lost in the postseason run.

To this point last year, Seguin had 7G / 8A. Eriksson has 5G / 9A. It's very comparable
Except Seguin was a 20 year old playing out of position who barely scratched his potential and Eriksson was a 27 year old who's pretty much hit his ceiling. I get why they had to move him with Krejci and Bergeron in the top 2 C spots, but they messed up on the return. They should have got a franchise player back.

Sanjuro

Except Seguin was a 20 year old playing out of position who barely scratched his potential and Eriksson was a 27 year old who's pretty much hit his ceiling. I get why they had to move him with Krejci and Bergeron in the top 2 C spots, but they messed up on the return. They should have got a franchise player back.

Define "franchise" player? There really aren't a ton of those lying around and certainly not many teams are willing to move.

Seguin is being allowed to play his natural position and flourish in Dallas. Awesome to watch. Doesn't make sense to keep him here and watch him underachieve because we should.

Sanjuro

It doesn't help that Erikkson's line has been completely underwhelming or that concussion.

My point is still valid, even if I agree with this. Eriksson is filling his role exactly in the manner expected from him. We shed cap space during the deal, able to sign Rask and have flexibility forward.

I'd trade Florida and Tampa Bay and take Chicago and St. Louis.

What a fucking ridiculous division that would be.

Hockeyprospectus had some mileage based realignment maps last year that had Florida and Tampa in the Central with Quebec in Atlantic.

Works fine if Colorado moves to Pacific and we go 4 conferences (or drop conferences altogether).

Top Bottom