• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Sanjuro

What a fucking ridiculous division that would be.

Hockeyprospectus had some mileage based realignment maps last year that had Florida and Tampa in the Central with Quebec in Atlantic.

Works fine if Colorado moves to Pacific and we go 4 conferences (or drop conferences altogether).

Hah. I'm just joking with my Florida moves.

I'm a bitter fan who loved last seasons lockout hockey and hate Florida. I'm just not a huge fan of inter-league play in most sports. Hence why I want Chicago over this way and just watch the West do their thing from a distance!

In reality, I just want my Whalers back.

Sanjuro

Kind of hit me the other day when talking about vatstep and how long I've been actually posting here. Most of the active users currently have only been here a couple years or so. Feel old!

When the term "homer" is thrown around I usually imagine someone who doesn't give a shit about other fanbases, protects their shield over everything. As a fan, sure there are some points I'll take over others, but I feel I'm fairly reasonable or if not at least engage into conversation either here or in messages explaining why. Sure, I'll ham it up like some of you do as it seems to be the theme of the thread. There are just some people here that can't really switch gears when needed.

Reason I take exception to that is because I love sports over teams and the interactions with other fans. Love having the Habs, Yankees, Leafs, etc come to town because it always brings great fans to the area. I'm usually the type of person to see a group of visitors and welcome them at the bars or around the facilities. That is my favorite thing about sports. It's like meeting a new tribe or something for the first time. Only a few assholes have ruined this to date for me (Mets fans).

Otherwise I would not have invited posters to meet up or tickets at games, bars, or called/messaged others on great series upon conclusion.

Horvat may end up the better player, but the Canucks can't afford to wait around.

Then again the Stars are a younger rebuilding team. Who knows if Nichushkin would've made the Canucks out of training camp.
When it comes down to it, I would much rather have a Bergeron type player than a Kovalchuk type player.

I'm very happy with Horvat over Nichuskin.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Figured tonight would have been a good night to give Budaj is first home game, I guess Therrien is afraid the team won't take the Sabres seriously if he did that.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
BBVo-9RCcAAEVcp.jpg:large
kadri!

edit: VAN BEAST DYK!

JCizzle

An intentional knee to the head on a guy on the ground, then knocking someone out while they're on the ground. NHL not covering itself in glory with those 20 seconds of thuggery from both teams.

Red_Man

Neal from the Pens kneed Marchand in the head when he was down also.

Always thought that Neal was one of the dirtiest players in the league.
They should both be suspended, but if the league knows what they're doing Thorton won't play another game this season. What a joke.

Holiday

Banned
I can't watch the game tonight, but I hope Perry doesn't apply his expert troll tactics against our team of macho dunces. They won't be able to resist.

Futureman

what if you team has ONE power-play for an entire game. It's 5-minute major and the team scores THREE goals.

What would their powerplay percentage be? 1/1?

Red_Man

Hopefully Orpik presses charges, that's straight up assault.

Prust! 4th line has been the best by far so far, great to see them get rewarded.

Top Bottom