• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

We need a solution to this goaltending situation if the goal is truly the Cup. These 3 goals in 10 fuck ups are going to kill us in the post-season.

Ship out Stewart and Berglund and find an upgrade in net and a #2 Center that wouldn't rather play Winger.

I liked 1,2 & 4.

Everyone seems to be down on Thief, but I think it looks pretty fun. I guess it's because I never played the older ones, kind of like the Fallout 3 when it came out.

I wonder if the No Man's Sky people are ex-Lionhead people like Media Molecule I know they are in Guildford.

No Man's Sky is being made by the people who made Joe Danger. 4 people.

CrankyJay

Banned
Just saw the Thorton thing...Jesus Christ.

And you guys thought Kaleta was bad...fucking meathead should be out of the league. This is just as bad as that motherfucker Bertuzzi.

Acid08

Banned
Are you joking? You have to be, what Neal did was awful, but Thorton came up behind Orpik, slew foot him to the ground hand punched him in the head multiple times against the ice. In what world is Neal's hit worse?
In a world where you don't blindly think anything the Bruins do is 10 times worse than it really is.

Targeting a defenseless player's head like that is disgusting and potentially way more serious injury-wise. Thornton was just doing typical goon-who-doesn't-belong-in-the-league shit. We see similar stuff all the time after whistles and in scrums. Both deserve suspensions imo.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
In a world where you don't blindly think anything the Bruins do is 10 times worse than it really is.

Targeting a defenseless player's head like that is disgusting and potentially way more serious injury-wise. Thornton was just doing typical goon-who-doesn't-belong-in-the-league shit. We see similar stuff all the time after whistles and in scrums. Both deserve suspensions imo.

Are you high? Feel like showing me the last time a goon took a guy down to the ice and punched him in the head repeatedly until he was unconscious? Did you even watch the incident? Lots of reporters are saying he should get 20+ games, they must all be Habs fans too right.

Tabris

I'm sorry, but BOS, PHI, and PIT play some dirty hockey.

I get events like Marc Savard being injured is what turned BOS into a dirty hockey team (the whole "pack" mentality they introduced), PHI has always had that reputation (and is proud of it), and PIT needs to do whatever it can to protect it's superstars as they get targeted constantly.

But come on. This shit has no place in the game.

Acid08

Banned
Are you high? Feel like showing me the last time a goon took a guy down to the ice and punched him in the head repeatedly until he was unconscious?
Yes.

He got knocked unconscious? Didn't know that, the six second video posted didn't get that across.

Still, don't know why Neal isn't getting nearly as much uproar here. It's a more dangerous hit.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Not sure what PK and Markov were doing but that wasn't trying much.

edit: poor Bourny, he's always on the ice when the other team scores.

ATF487

Just saw the Thorton thing...Jesus Christ.

And you guys thought Kaleta was bad...fucking meathead should be out of the league. This is just as bad as that motherfucker Bertuzzi.

There's no defending what he did, but this extreme maliciousness is out of character. He's usually a good example of an enforcer who can keep his style within the laws of the game.

He definitely deserves a lengthy suspension for sure.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yes.

He got knocked unconscious? Didn't know that, the six second video posted didn't get that across.

Still, don't know why Neal isn't getting nearly as much uproar here. It's a more dangerous hit.
Neal should definitely get a lengthy suspension, he's a repeat offender and what he did was spineless, but what Thorton did was legitimate assault.

Yes.

He got carried off in a stretcher and taken to the hospital as far as I know. It's not looking good at all.

EDIT: McKenzie is saying Thornton will get 6+, possibly double digits. Neal less and dependent on what Thornton gets.

Those both seem awfully low. Neal deserves about 5, if not more. Thornton at least double that, and I would not have a problem seeing 15+.

And even though I really, really disagree with Pelissero's view, as an NFL reporter he is right. If that happened in the NFL the guy would be banned from the NFL. The NBA would likely do the same. MLB likewise. Yet here the guy is going to be kicked out for a miniscule 5-10% of the season and call it good.

It's bad for the NHL and terrible for player safety.

Alucard

Banned
Neal gooning it up as well.

That game is just a shitshow.

ibct9f2HrFBRpD.gif

I hate seeing this type of shit from the Pens. Sigh. Makes me embarrassed to be a fan when I see stuff like this...even if it did happen to rat face.

Thornton is such an easy guy to come down on. It's the kind of incident that the league has been waiting for. Time to set a new precedent, said Brendan.

Alucard

Banned
I don't understand why he's like that, he's a great player he doesn't need to be pulling shit like that.

He's apparently kind of an arrogant guy in real life, so it's not too surprising. Totally agree that he doesn't need to resort to that type of clowning around. Just score goals and stay away from cheap plays. Ugh.

Glad that Orpik's conscious. Damn.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wings need to stop playing down to their opponents, god. This is embarrassing, gonna lose to the panthers cause they can't score more than a goal.

kassatsu

Banned
The Neal shit was bad, but Marchand did sell it. Thorton on Orpik was disgusting.

Both player should be suspended, Thorton for the season hopefully.

Alucard

Banned
Alright, that gets across how serious it was. Bruins announcers making excuses for Thornton too, fucking shameful.

"You can't tell me that that doesn't get the player's attention."

Worst announce team in hockey. Steigerwald and Errey are number two.

Acid08

Banned
The Neal shit was bad, but Marchand did sell it. Thorton on Orpik was disgusting.

Both player should be suspended, Thorton for the season hopefully.
Neal deserves a huge suspension for that knee. Even if Marchand isn't injured the knee itself was straight up fucking foul. Punish the hit not the result.

Neal skates directly to the bench like a little bitch too.

Top Bottom