• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Socreges

Banned
sadface_zpsde4784f1.jpg~original
1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E

Manics vindicated.

Did Orpik go to the hospital because he hurt his butt when he landed? or was it the grazing punch to the face?

Seriously though, thats an asshole thing for Thornton to do, gooning him from behind. But it also didnt look like an attack that would have done any damage whatsoever. Maybe I just havent seen the right angle or something.

What the fuck are those terrible gifs from?

Judging by the other one, some weird gay anal sex video

Did Orpik go to the hospital because he hurt his butt when he landed? or was it the grazing punch to the face?

Seriously though, thats an asshole thing for Thornton to do, gooning him from behind. But it also didnt look like an attack that would have done any damage whatsoever. Maybe I just havent seen the right angle or something.

He pounded the dudes face into the ice. Across the chin

I just watched that video, and hoooly shit. My mouth was wide open the whole time

Here it is if you haven't seen it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuVq-TZ7AJM

What the fuck were either of them thinking??

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
totally watched the Isles tonight

spiderman-vomit-blast-o.gif

9 game losing streaks are not okay, Management needs to do something real quick.

P.s. - fak the queens.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Neal and Thornton should both get suspended. That said, if Orpik is going to dish out headshots to the other team's star players, he should kind of atleast expect to back it up. I mean if you think you're a big man catching skilled players off guard in the head and not back up your borderline hits, then you deserve to get clocked.

lol Berube's post game interview about Rinaldo attacking Roussel.

That was harsh. Rinaldo is going to be benched or spanked hard.

Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin line is the sex.. SEX SEX SEX

Benn feeding hats to Seguin's lap
67L2uOF.gif

Velcro Fly

Neal and Thornton should both get suspended. That said, if Orpik is going to dish out headshots to the other team's star players, he should kind of atleast expect to back it up. I mean if you think you're a big man catching skilled players off guard in the head and not back up your borderline hits, then you deserve to get clocked.

By this logic I guess it's ok for the Pens to go out and decapitate Shawn Thornton the next time they play Boston

GSG Flash

By this logic I guess it's ok for the Pens to go out and decapitate Shawn Thornton the next time they play Boston

I mean if Shawn Thornton goes out and headshots the other team's stars and then runs away from answering the bell, then yes, he deserves to get his clock rung too.

I haven't seen Shawn Thornton do that though, I have seen Orpik dish out dirty hits to star players(based on anecdotal evidence, it looks like he focuses on star players) and then run away as if he did nothing. I still remember his knee on knee with Stepan that had Torts flipping out.

God fucking damnit Microsoft. I am having exactly ZERO FUCKING ISSUES with PSN right now. Why THE FUCK can I not stay in a party or one game on your shitty network right now?

Fucking Christ.

Velcro Fly

I mean if Shawn Thornton goes out and headshots the other team's stars and then runs away from answering the bell, then yes, he deserves to get his clock rung too.

I haven't seen Shawn Thornton do that though, I have seen Orpik dish out dirty hits to star players(based on anecdotal evidence, it looks like he focuses on star players) and then run away as if he did nothing. I still remember his knee on knee with Stepan that had Torts flipping out.

No Thornton just waits until they aren't looking and commits a felony instead. What a fucking man he must be.

GSG Flash

No Thornton just waits until they aren't looking and commits a felony instead. What a fucking man he must be.

I don't wanna defend Thornton, I'm not even a B's fan, but I'm pretty sure Thornton doesn't have a history of being a dirty player. I would side with the one that doesn't intentionally try to injure the other team's star players every single game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So Neal is having a phone conference, can't get suspended for more than 5 games.

Trolololol NHL.
This is a joke, he already has a history of suspensions. NHL isn't helping themselves if a legit case comes up against them regarding concussions.

I don't like Orpik at all, but his hit on Eriksson was clean and his past history should not make him susceptible to assault, I'm sorry but no one deserves to get punched into unconsciousness on the ice. Like another poster said, if this was done in any place besides a hockey arena it would be classified as assault.

Velcro Fly

I don't wanna defend Thornton, I'm not even a B's fan, but I'm pretty sure Thornton doesn't have a history of being a dirty player. I would side with the one that doesn't intentionally try to injure the other team's star players every single game.

You don't want to but you pretty much are by saying Orpik deserved what he got. It was a clean hit and the B's reacted really poorly to it. Thornton obviously wanted a piece of him and Orpik was smart to just ignore him. Doesn't give him the right to attack him because he didn't want to hurt his team and fight. It's not like Boston is some shit Metropolitan team that doesn't matter. I'd take my guy not stupidly fighting 100% of the time to stay in the game and play hard.

GSG Flash

I don't like Orpik at all, but his hit on Eriksson was clean and his past history should not make him susceptible to assault, I'm sorry but no one deserves to get punched into unconsciousness on the ice. Like another poster said, if this was done in any place besides a hockey arena it would be classified as assault.

I think it was a high hit and he jumped a bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nvteW6mvasA#t=51

I think what Thornton did is unacceptable, but not unexpected(if that makes sense), you just can't go around headshotting other team's stars without answering for it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think it was a high hit and he jumped a bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nvteW6mvasA#t=51

I think what Thornton did is unacceptable, but not unexpected(if that makes sense), you just can't go around headshotting other team's stars without answering for it.
Are you kidding me? Unexpected? Orpik's hit was clean, if you legitimately think that Orpik deserves to get his head pounded to the ice then I don't know what to say. I hate the Pens, and I hate Orpik, but what Thorton did is straight up assault. There's no way around it and I would say the same thing if Prust or Parros did the same thing. I don't care what Cherry or anyone else says, no one should have to answer for a clean hit, and Orpik has 10 times the value on the ice then Thorton does, Orpik shouldn't have to answer to anyone for a clean hit.

Cake Boss

Banned
Fuck off crysox.

Cant wait for him toblink this post to this thread and whine avout other mbrs in thisbforumm. Hurrr durrrr they suck me sooo cooool i am an angry little white kid hurrr.

GSG Flash

Are you kidding me? Unexpected? Orpik's hit was clean, if you legitimately think that Orpik deserves to get his head pounded to the ice then I don't know what to say. I hate the Pens, and I hate Orpik, but what Thorton did is straight up assault. There's no way around it and I would say the same thing if Prust or Parros did the same thing.

When did I say that? I said it was unacceptable, which would pretty clearly imply that I don't think that?

I'm just arguing that Orpik getting clocked, whether that be in a dirty way(like what Thornton did) or a non-dirty way is not unexpected after the shit he pulls. Like I said, I'm not defending Thornton or his actions, he should be gone for a while because of those actions. Would rather he just have threw the gloves with Orpik face to face and kicked the shit out of him then.

And we can agree to disagree on Orpik's hit, I think it was a high hit to the head in which he jumped, that, to me, isn't clean. Even Bob Mackenzie said it should have(edit: My mistake, he said "could have") warranted a minor penalty.

Socreges

Banned
GSG Flash, you're setting a new benchmark for stupidity in here. Holy fuck. Just quit while you're way, way behind.

Fuck Shawn Thornton. And fuck James Neal. 40 and 20 games, respectively, without really thinking much about it. Either way they both deserve heavy suspensions.

Top Bottom