• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
When did I say that? I said it was unacceptable, which would pretty clearly imply that I don't think that?

I'm just arguing that Orpik getting clocked, whether that be in a dirty way(like what Thornton did) or a non-dirty way is not unexpected after the shit he pulls. Like I said, I'm not defending Thornton or his actions, he should be gone for a while because of those actions. Would rather he just have threw the gloves with Orpik face to face and kicked the shit out of him then.

And we can agree to disagree on Orpik's hit, I think it was a high hit to the head in which he jumped, that, to me, isn't clean. Even Bob Mackenzie said it should have warranted a minor penalty.
You said :
I would side with the one that doesn't intentionally try to injure the other team's star players every single game.
Should Orpik expect to have to face the consequence of his actions eventually? Sure, but having a guy slewfoot you and beat you into the ice is not something anyone should expect, and siding with him is basically finding no fault with what he did. I hate Chara more then anyone in this league, but I would still defend him if someone jumped him and fed his face into the ice repeatedly. There's no place in professional sports for anyone who resorts to this kind of behavior, whether it happens once or 10 times.

@jprutherford
Backes, who talks to the media after EVERY game and practice, declined to speak after the game. #stlblues

Hitch is questioning the buy-in again and said it starts with the top players. #stlblues

Barret Jackman: "The execution of the game plan the first five, 10 minutes is unacceptable." #stlblues

Something has to give here, and I wish we'd see a shakeup of Stewart+ to light a fire. Stewart is more frustrating to watch than Perron ever was and Morrow has obviously lost more than a few steps, but Hitch still insists on sending them out together to waste PP minutes while Schwartz and Tarasenko see pretty much nothing. It would be nice to see both of those two let off of the rookie leash, but Hitch will overplay Vets until they retire. And we'll go through all of this again in the next year or two for Jaskin and Rattie.

Miller would be fucking lovely if Buffalo comes back down to Earth on their expectation of return for a NTC pending UFA in Miller's position.

zedge

God fucking damnit Microsoft. I am having exactly ZERO FUCKING ISSUES with PSN right now. Why THE FUCK can I not stay in a party or one game on your shitty network right now?

Fucking Christ.

:p

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Something has to give here, and I wish we'd see a shakeup of Stewart+ to light a fire. Stewart is more frustrating to watch than Perron ever was and Morrow has obviously lost more than a few steps, but Hitch still insists on sending them out together to waste PP minutes while Schwartz and Tarasenko see pretty much nothing. It would be nice to see both of those two let off of the rookie leash, but Hitch will overplay Vets until they retire. And we'll go through all of this again in the next year or two for Jaskin and Rattie.

Miller would be fucking lovely if Buffalo comes back down to Earth on their expectation of return for a NTC pending UFA in Miller's position.
Page 1 of Joel Quenneville's Guide to Coaching book.

Fuck you Handzus

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
You said :

Should Orpik expect to have to face the consequence of his actions eventually? Sure, but having a guy slewfoot you and beat you into the ice is not something anyone should expect, and siding with him is basically finding no fault with what he did. I hate Chara more then anyone in this league, but I would still defend him if someone jumped him and fed his face into the ice repeatedly. There's no place in professional sports for anyone who resorts to this kind of behavior, whether it happens once or 10 times.

That was in response to him being a dirty player vs Orpik. No fucking way I'm going to defend Thornton for tonight's actions.

That action itself should not necessarily be expected, but that someone went out and did that after the way Orpik plays the game is less than surprising, to me atleast.

I should have put a disclaimer, before all this, that Brooks Orpik really rubs me the wrong way. I really want him to get clocked in a way that will bruise his ego(ie. legit fight, face to face).

But honestly, fuck both Orpik and Thornton, I don't like either player and neither are deserving of me wasting my brain cells at almost 3 in the morning discussing them -_-

Sorry, don't wanna be mean.

My fuse is sorta short tonight.

What's really weird is Andy McDonald was the worst case of a slumping Vet that Hitch overplayed last year, but he's been extremely outspoken against Hitch's choices so far this season. I'm not really sure what his issues in the locker room were if not "please stop playing me and let me retire to my housing business."

Red_Man

Neal changed his path into Marchand, the fact he is getting 5 games or less is the reason guys like Thorton are still playing and need to fight. League can't protect it's own players, so players do what they deem necessary to protect their teammates.

Revenant

Both Neal and Thornton should be gone for double digits. Most likely that Thornton will be the fall guy for the whole thing but Neal's play shows it's own special level of gutless wonder as well. Shouldn't really expect much else from Neal at this point though. He's lucky he gets to hide behind the "star player" entitlement.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Jesus fuck I just got home and saw the Neal/Thornton shit.

What the fuck?!? Neal is a repeat offender too, so I'm hoping the league throws the fucking book at them and suspends them both for a HEFTY amount of time.

Pittsburgh Penguins left wing James Neal will have a phone hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety on Monday for a hit on Boston Bruins left wing Brad Marchand on Saturday night at TD Garden.

....................... fuck you Shanahan

both those... "acts" were fucking despicable and have NO place in this league. Way to not set any kind of precedence, again.

I need a new avatar. First person to post something wins. No matter what it is (TOS-friendly)

naked kesler

Fuck off crysox.

Cant wait for him toblink this post to this thread and whine avout other mbrs in thisbforumm. Hurrr durrrr they suck me sooo cooool i am an angry little white kid hurrr.

AFAIK wsox isn't even white. :lol

Velcro Fly

Thornton's definitely going to get a lot more because Orpik was in the hospital while Marchand seemed to shake off the effects of the bionic knee of James Neal really quickly. Shocked he only got 2 minutes and definitely shocked he's not getting 10 or so from that.

They should just throw Thornton in jail instead.

Is Microsoft the OT of companies?

Does OT charge you 60 dollars a year for a service that doesn't work and then plaster Slim Jim ads all over the page?

It's ridiculous. No problems with my laptop or PS4 at all. Only the 360.

wsox is a multiracial angel.

Er...

AFAIK wsox isn't even white. :lol

Of course I'm white. The fuck did you think I was, Smelly? I have a decent amount of native american in me but my skin's still white as yours.

okay, maybe not as white as your swiss ass

Smiley90

Of course I'm white. The fuck did you think I was, Smelly? I have a decent amount of native american in me but my skin's still white as yours.

okay, maybe not as white as your swiss ass

yeah you do

that's what I was thinking of, yes

Smiley90

This is too accepting coming from you.

Is it because I identified as a white man? What if I said I was black?

Racist.

You can be black too if you want to. Just...... don't do blackface. That's not gonna end well.

Smiley90

Great, now we have TWO members of Canucks-GAF that are into ponies. Just shoot me now.

You win this round, rat

I'll keep it for a few days, out of good will.

[edit]

I knew the possible consequences. Just glad I specified TOS-friendly. You were forced to pick out the most PG13 content from your collection.

I just googled my little pony. :lol

You're lucky TUSR didn't get to it first.

Disgusting by thornton and neal, but to everyone saying that the orpik hit was clean, it looken like and pbvious interference to me but My stream wasnt the best?

Red_Man

The fact that a CGI version of a internet meme was the best part of a video game show is just more vindication for my loss of interest in video games over the past few years.

Socreges

Banned
The fact that a CGI version of a internet meme was the best part of a video game show is just more vindication for my loss of interest in video games over the past few years.
Hate the industry, love the games. The Last of Us, GTAV, Super Mario 3D World, Zelda ALBW. Your loss if you don't play these games.

Also I don't think I can post outside of this community so long as I've got this avatar.

Socreges

Banned
Disgusting by thornton and neal, but to everyone saying that the orpik hit was clean, it looken like and pbvious interference to me but My stream wasnt the best?
I would have guessed interference, but apparently it wasn't? Eriksson didn't touch the puck, but intended to (and missed it). Not sure exactly what the rule is there.

Orpik definitely didn't jump, though, and the head wasn't the principle point of contact so otherwise it was clean.

Red_Man

Hate the industry, love the games. The Last of Us, GTAV, Super Mario 3D World, Zelda ALBW. Your loss if you don't play these games.

Also I don't think I can post outside of this community so long as I've got this avatar.
I enjoyed GTAV, but never was really a fan of Mario or Zelda games. TLOU is the only game from this gen that I haven't played but legitimately considered buying a console for.

Hoping the rumors of a PS4 version of TLoU is true. Or that they put it out on Gaikai.

Really want to play it.

Will eventually grab a Wii U.

I suppose I should watch this Thornton thing now.

Neil needs to be suspended. Thornton needs to be thrown out of the league for good.

Need to make an example out of one of these fuckfaces one of these days. Shades of Bertuzzi there. Not surprised a Bruin would do that though to be honest.

Regardless of team, however, unacceptable. That has no place in the league. Kick him out.

I would have guessed interference, but apparently it wasn't? Eriksson didn't touch the puck, but intended to (and missed it). Not sure exactly what the rule is there.

Orpik definitely didn't jump, though, and the head wasn't the principle point of contact so otherwise it was clean.
Im not really sure about the rules either, but to me the most reasonable thing would be that à player shouldnt have to "hold his head up" if hasnt touched the puck.

Sure one could argue that it is hard to blame Orpik for Loui missing the puck. But to me it is the easiest way to draw a line. If Orpik isnt sure about loui getting possesion, he should not step up for a tackle he cant back away from.

Samyy

I feel like if your drawing any conclusions about the industry from the VGX then your making a mistake.

The moment you realize you lost to Florida less than 24 hours ago, ugh...

So I just finished Black Flag on Xbox One, game was a blast and probably spent more time sailing around boarding ships and doing side missions than the actually campaign itself, but I had a lot of fun with it. Now to plug in the old PS3 and finally play The Last of Us.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like if your drawing any conclusions about the industry from the VGX then your making a mistake.
Dammit Samyy! You're a university student!

You're vs Your!
Descriptive you are a student vs possessive your couch!

Was there a list of PSN IDs somewhere for NHL GAF where I can also get on your guys' cases about grammar?

PSN ID: kaydin

Stasis

I'm loving Black Flag despite not really enjoying any AC titles. Had to get it because pirates. Glad I did.

And I really need to get TLoU, along with Uncharted 2 & 3. *gasp*

In hockey news... Your New York Rangers, the very definition of mediocrity =/

Animal

Banned
Neil needs to be suspended. Thornton needs to be thrown out of the league for good.

Need to make an example out of one of these fuckfaces one of these days. Shades of Bertuzzi there. Not surprised a Bruin would do that though to be honest.

Regardless of team, however, unacceptable. That has no place in the league. Kick him out.

Truth.

Also HAAAAAABBBZ! WAT!

Back to playing Gran Turismo 6 for me.

Var

I have been debating picking up AC4 but I am trying focus on not building up a huge backlog this gen. I still need to finish 3D World, WWHD, Lego Marvel, Lego City, and ZombiU.... Maybe I can pick it up in Feb...

Top Bottom